Breakdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesYoutubeRegisterLog in

Photobucket
Pokemon Showdown!
Support Breakdown by clicking below

CAP Discussion

Go down 
+5
diogofrp
SupahGassy
Frost
Invalid
steel dragons
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
MKSLAYER97
Creative
Creative

Rep : 8

CAP Discussion - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 8 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 8:20 pm

So, why is it that everybody just suddenly stopped discussing Mevenetalno, and just decided to nominate it for ubers? Why not just have Diogo do what he said and replace Cosmic Power with Amnesia or something of the like?
Back to top Go down
Frost
Sableye Tier
Sableye Tier
Frost

Rep : 50

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 8 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 8:21 pm

The way this thread is set up often leads to the severe derailing of discussions. It's probably going to be changed soon.
Back to top Go down
diogofrp
Alphabet Soup Tier
Alphabet Soup Tier
diogofrp

Rep : 4

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 8 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 6:08 am

True, and people hate mevenetalno even though taunt totally shuts it down and frost's grass/ghost cap can totally eat it
Back to top Go down
SupahGassy
Inspired
Inspired
SupahGassy

Rep : 1

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 8 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 8:34 am

well i don't know about it going to ubers now since Drilwurm completely beats out Meventalno with mold breaker earthquakes and taunt...
Back to top Go down
diogofrp
Alphabet Soup Tier
Alphabet Soup Tier
diogofrp

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 8 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 9:56 am

Yes, and everyone should totally be forced to use your cap in every team to be "Mevenetalno" protected. And that is assuming it doesn't get KO'ed before trying to KO Mevenetalno
Back to top Go down
MKSLAYER97
Creative
Creative

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 8 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 4:58 pm

Again, remove Cosmic Power like you suggested a couple of pages ago?
Back to top Go down
Invalid
Zygarde Tier
Zygarde Tier
Invalid

Rep : 77

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 8 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 5:13 pm

Actually if we do the mevenetalno thing, it will be taken out of the vote. Diogo, are we doing it?
Back to top Go down
SupahGassy
Inspired
Inspired
SupahGassy

Rep : 1

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 8 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 5:21 pm

well im just saying its a reliable good check/counter to Mevenetalno
Back to top Go down
diogofrp
Alphabet Soup Tier
Alphabet Soup Tier
diogofrp

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 8 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 5:41 pm

Invalid wrote:
Actually if we do the mevenetalno thing, it will be taken out of the vote. Diogo, are we doing it?

If you are talking about changing it, yes
Back to top Go down
MKSLAYER97
Creative
Creative

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 8 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 9:11 pm

I feel I should point something out. Frost, I think we have enough ghosts.
Back to top Go down
Frost
Sableye Tier
Sableye Tier
Frost

Rep : 50

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 8 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 9:39 pm

Excluding this project, and probably even after it, Ghost is the smallest type in the freaking game. So please, tell me why we have enough? Let me put this into perspective for you. There are 15 fully evolved Ghost Type Pokemon. 15 out of about 350. Water is the biggest. Are you going to tell everyone who made a water type cap that there are too many of those? How about any other type? What makes ghost so different?

And even if you're only talking about CAPs made, who the hell cares? Who decides when we "have enough?" There is no quota. There is no rule about this. And all other pokemon are still used in CAP. Even after the ghosts we have added, there still aren't that many in comparison to the total. 

If you have a problem with "an excess" of a type being produced, I suggest you learn to deal with that. Because I'm not going to spare your feelings. 

And no, you aren't the first person to mention this. And no, I still don't care. I made 5. We have 7. You'll all live.
Back to top Go down
diogofrp
Alphabet Soup Tier
Alphabet Soup Tier
diogofrp

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 5:41 am

7?OMGTHATSFUCKINTOOMUCH

What if they take our souls?:/

Also, suggestions on mev's movepool or did the amnesia + iron defense cut it?
Back to top Go down
diogofrp
Alphabet Soup Tier
Alphabet Soup Tier
diogofrp

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 11:00 am

Now an actual thought of mine about caps.

They are created from our "dreams", they are "our own" Pokémon.

You can't actually limit people from making a specific type of cap if they like it :p

I for one, would do lots of Fire types, but I just don't feel like it.
Back to top Go down
steel dragons
Arceus Tier
Arceus Tier
steel dragons

Rep : 32

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 11:06 am

Diogo wrote:
Also, suggestions on mev's movepool or did the amnesia + iron defense cut it?
I'm sort of confused as to why it has Shift Gear, as to my knowledge, it doesn't have gears; its a meteor-like Pokémon dipped in poison. You could give it Meteor Mash instead, as that would make more sense. Also, Mevenetalno is lacking in the special moves department; currently it only has Sludge Wave, Hidden Power, and Hyper Beam as its special moves. I would add a decent special move, like Flamethrower or Thunderbolt, to its movepool.
Back to top Go down
Invalid
Zygarde Tier
Zygarde Tier
Invalid

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 11:17 am

Count on Steel to bring up flavor while Diogo's trying to keep it out of Ubers. anyway, there's nothing flavorful that says every Pokemon must have a special movepool. If he wants to swap Shift Gear for Meteor Mash that's fine, but it has basically nothing to do with it's tiering status.
Back to top Go down
steel dragons
Arceus Tier
Arceus Tier
steel dragons

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 12:25 pm

Invalid wrote:
Count on Steel to bring up flavor while Diogo's trying to keep it out of Ubers. anyway, there's nothing flavorful that says every Pokemon must have a special movepool. If he wants to swap Shift Gear for Meteor Mash that's fine, but it has basically nothing to do with it's tiering status.

I thought that removing Cosmic Power would keep it out of Ubers, since that was the main issue (and only issue I'm fairly sure). Also, Mevenetalno doesn't have to have a great special movepool, but it does have base 80 special attack (tied with its physical attack stat), and it barely has any useable moves for it. Adding something like Flamethrower or Thunderbolt would increase the things that it can do.
Back to top Go down
diogofrp
Alphabet Soup Tier
Alphabet Soup Tier
diogofrp

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 2:57 pm

I think Shift Gear was replaced by Shell Smash. But no one ever editted that, so on the chart it still shows Shift Gear :/
Back to top Go down
Invalid
Zygarde Tier
Zygarde Tier
Invalid

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 9:00 pm

Steel, I was wondering if you could do me a real solid and move over the following Pokemon to the Info thread for me: Valiair, Noshark, Drilwurm, Eonaqus, Cotnoir, Magidécès, Amphear, Yetitsu, Biomorte, Depthwatch, and Globolt.

Most of them already have charts fortunately, but if you want to only do some and let me get the rest later it would still be very appreciated.
Back to top Go down
steel dragons
Arceus Tier
Arceus Tier
steel dragons

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 8 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 12:55 am

Invalid wrote:
Steel, I was wondering if you could do me a real solid and move over the following Pokemon to the Info thread for me: Valiair, Noshark, Drilwurm, Eonaqus, Cotnoir, Magidécès, Amphear, Yetitsu, Biomorte, Depthwatch, and Globolt.

Most of them already have charts fortunately, but if you want to only do some and let me get the rest later it would still be very appreciated.

That's fine. I will be busy this weekend though doing things, so it may not be done right away. I'll get those things done eventually though. I'll also make the chart for Globolt at least, since it is my CAP after all.
Back to top Go down
diogofrp
Alphabet Soup Tier
Alphabet Soup Tier
diogofrp

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 8 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 6:54 am

I have just found out Biomorte is now the heaviest Pokémon existing.

Groudon is 2nd by 50kg less at 950kg.
Back to top Go down
Invalid
Zygarde Tier
Zygarde Tier
Invalid

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 8 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 3:58 pm

Actually Thramo is the heaviest Pokemon weighing the same as the sun, 1900000000000000000000000000000 Kg, but you'd have had no way of knowing that.
Back to top Go down
MKSLAYER97
Creative
Creative

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 8 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 9:08 pm

That's not weight. That's mass. GG
Back to top Go down
Invalid
Zygarde Tier
Zygarde Tier
Invalid

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 5:45 am

Well, to clarify, its weight is the same as the sun's mass, the reason it's weight for Thramo being that I can only code in weight, not mass.
Back to top Go down
diogofrp
Alphabet Soup Tier
Alphabet Soup Tier
diogofrp

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 7:42 am

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/breakdown-breakdowncap-100

The set is Ghost/Steel/Fire coverage.(Shadow Force/Heavy Slam/HP Fire)

Gliscor IS able to stall his PP out with SubProtect and Heatran is a full stop if it doesn't carry HP Fight.

Gliscor experience:

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/breakdown-breakdowncap-105

Gliscor is a Full Counter unless Biomorte carrys HP Ice. And if Biomorte carrys HP Ice, any Steel type is at least a check to it.

I'm still researching more stuff to see what else can counter/stop it.
Back to top Go down
Invalid
Zygarde Tier
Zygarde Tier
Invalid

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 8 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 4:24 pm

CJRebs wrote:
Name: Hydrakon

Preferred Sprite: Rayquaza

Concept: This pokemon, only recently discovered, was seen terrorizing ships in the Atlantic Ocean. Since being rudely awoken from the depths of the dark sea, it has caused numerous shipwrecks. It's long, green body "slithers" in and out of the water at top speeds. Some researchers say it resembles the decorative dragons that people place in their gardens or yards. A large tail glows yellow with stored energy. It's scales are hard as steel and it's power is unfathomable. Hydrakon had been sleeping for centuries...and it doesn't appreciate being awakened.

Type: Water / Dragon

Base Stats:
Spoiler:

HP: 85
Atk: 20
Def: 110
SpAtk: 125
SpDef: 95
Spe: 100

Total: 540

Ability: Multiscale

Moves:
Spoiler:

Hydro Cannon
Scald
Surf
Water Spout
Draco Meteor
Dragon Pulse
Calm Mind
Barrier
Amnesia
Agility
Fiery Dance
Ice Beam
Nasty Plot
Aeroblast
Thunderbolt
Charge Beam
Tail Glow
Shell Smash
Roost
Extremespeed
So far beyond broken, also it violates the bst limit, and we can't use rayquaza as a sprite because rayquaza is viable (being uber and all) that's why the main post says to use NFEs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

CAP Discussion
Page 8 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next