Breakdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesYoutubeRegisterLog in

Photobucket
Pokemon Showdown!
Support Breakdown by clicking below

CAP Discussion

Go down 
+5
diogofrp
SupahGassy
Frost
Invalid
steel dragons
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
kingtrace
Tesla
Tesla
kingtrace

Rep : 28

CAP Discussion - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 10 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 10:29 am

Yes, Gassy, bonus points for realizing that Sucker Punch only hits ghosts that are attacking. If you'd rather kill Jellicent than gengar, you can always run Shadow Punch, or if you're feeling balsy, you can eschew Substitue and run both.

And again, startling observational skills were needed to figure out that Curse has a downside. With the "scary En-Ghoul" spread of 252 HP / 252 SpD, speed is no longer a factor. From the start, you're only killing it with strong, Super Effective attacks, and now it has massive Special bulk and rapidly rising phys bulk alongside Drain Punch. I don't know why people insist on saying low Speed after Curse is a drawback, anyway. Before curse, it has plenty enough to get the ball rolling, and after Curse, it's slowly transforming into Blonkeldurr.

Bonus points for being able to run it rain to narrow it's weaks down to two rarely seen types, Flying and Psychic.

Now, for Diogo. If you're running it Banded, you can run it either Scizor style or Terrakion style. Scizor style is 252 HP / 252 Atk, give or take, and Terrakion style is 252 Atk / 252 Spe. Scizor style would suggest one or two priorities, but you also have every punching move in the game, giving you a wide variety of options for a Banded set. I'm not so worried about that.

Now, as for your proposed solution. I have no idea how it would work, to be honest. I'm not sure how much you intend to move, and I'm not sure if it'll really solve the problem.
Back to top Go down
SupahGassy
Inspired
Inspired
SupahGassy

Rep : 1

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 10 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 2:56 pm

I think if diogo just redistributes some base stats he'll be fine like making its def 90 and hp like 110 and making its speed 80 or 70 and maybe getting rid of sucker and bullet punch perhaps i still think if you change his movepool up you could make Compoundeyes work like steel said which would be cool to have with dynamicpunch.
Back to top Go down
kingtrace
Tesla
Tesla
kingtrace

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 10 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 3:23 pm

Please, Diogo, never consider Compoundeyes an option. I don't know why Steel and Gassy recommend it. It only effects Dynamicpunch to my knowledge, and we already have two Pokemon for that: Machamp and Golurk. "Changing his movepool up" is likely to Truck both of these pokemon out of a job.

Taking 20 away from hp to add 30 to defense is really, really unlikely to change anything.
Back to top Go down
diogofrp
Alphabet Soup Tier
Alphabet Soup Tier
diogofrp

Rep : 4

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 10 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 4:14 pm

Lowering Speed can be easily done, although that doesn't necessarily mean investment in other areas.

Considering this, let's think of:

HP: 130
Atk: 120
Def: 50
Sp.Atk: 20
Sp.Def: 80
Speed: 90
BST: 490

Lower his def by 10 and his Sp.Def by 20. I'm not sure how much less bulky he just got, but I think it might be an option.

Another option might be:

HP: 130
Atk: 120
Def: 60
Sp.Atk: 20
Sp.Def: 100
Speed: 40
BST: 470

He lost 50 BST from Speed, making him super-slow. Now his massive bulk has a downside from being slow.

I'm afraid of messing with "upgrades" on it, and ending up with a Chansey Bulk Pokémon with super attack.

Gassy, I said the moveset is not up for changing, since it's part of it's concept., even though I think I cleared Hammer Arm or something for another move suggestion that I am accepting, AS LONG as it stays within the CAP concept.

Back to top Go down
steel dragons
Arceus Tier
Arceus Tier
steel dragons

Rep : 32

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 10 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 7:04 pm

Yeah, Compoundeyes doesn't really fit this Pokémon well (Copoundeyes Dynamicpunch is only 65% accurate after all)

@Diogo: I like your first option over the second option. Speed really doesn't matter all that much if you're running a Curse set, so the second option really wouldn't change too much about this Pokémon in that respect. Kamponaa's HP is really high, and this Pokémon would fit the mold of the 'ideal Curse user' if there ever was one.
What I would suggest is lowering the HP down around 30 points, keeping the defenses around the same, and slightly increasing its speed to something like 95. If those things are done, I don't think that Kamponaa would be as broken as it is now (at least, with the Curse set anyway).

For Chiro, I think that it looks pretty cool; I just wish it had a better physical movepool.

For Apollyon, I think that it could be scary if it gets the Shell Smash in. However, it still has to actually use Shell Smash first, leaving it vulnerable to any powerful attack. It's typing and low defenses also do it no favors in that regard.
Back to top Go down
SupahGassy
Inspired
Inspired
SupahGassy

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 10 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 3:01 am

@diogo: maybe superpower or arm thrust or close combat? Close combat and superpower would be moves that hinder it but give it good power which would make a choice band set usuable.
Back to top Go down
diogofrp
Alphabet Soup Tier
Alphabet Soup Tier
diogofrp

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 10 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 8:36 am

Close Combat might be the best option, but close combat doesn't mean arm only usage.

Superpower would be the best fitting for the concept.

So, opinions on my BST?Only Steel gave an opinion about those 2 options, you may also disagree with both and i'll still take it as an opinion, I just gave those 2 out of examples of what would make an effect if lowered.

Close combat:

CAP Discussion - Page 10 Tumblr_m3de4ybudn1qckwxco1_r1_500

CAP Discussion - Page 10 Lofty09
Back to top Go down
SupahGassy
Inspired
Inspired
SupahGassy

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 10 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 10:42 am

I like the second bst where his speed iis dropped it still keeps the concept going but with a drawback on the speed now.
Back to top Go down
Invalid
Zygarde Tier
Zygarde Tier
Invalid

Rep : 77

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 10 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 11:59 am

SupahGassy wrote:
Concept: A small lizard like pokemon that has enormous body heat all around and can run along water, nearly boiling it while it does so. It has large google like eyes and its only about a foot high, its long tongue is used to catch small bugs while it uses its large back feet to run on ponds and lakes. Its said when it rains it's skin nearly boils causing the pokemon to move at tremendous speeds.

Congratulations to Gassy for creating the CAP with the highest weight to date at: 20000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000080.0 kg
Back to top Go down
SupahGassy
Inspired
Inspired
SupahGassy

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 10 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 2:23 pm

dont you mean lowest weight? .-.
Back to top Go down
SupahGassy
Inspired
Inspired
SupahGassy

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 10 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 5:02 pm

We're allowed to do evolutions of existing pokemon? Surprised
Back to top Go down
Invalid
Zygarde Tier
Zygarde Tier
Invalid

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 10 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 8:39 pm

I'm opposed to the idea, at the minimum girafarig won't be getting an evo, and won't be getting written over... Evolving something by writing over it is silly. The thing clearly says NFEs so I don't know why he chose to do it that way.
Back to top Go down
Invalid
Zygarde Tier
Zygarde Tier
Invalid

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 10 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 7:57 pm

Adding a new rule: No evolutions ever.
Code:
Finally The Pokemon you submit cannot be evolutions for existing Pokemon. This poses two choices of problem, neither of which are acceptable, either the Pokemon becomes compatible with eviolite, or the Pokemon will be entirely outclassed competitively.
Back to top Go down
Frost
Sableye Tier
Sableye Tier
Frost

Rep : 50

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 10 EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 3:07 pm

Aurora, moves created by smogon's cap projects cannot be used in ours. They're two completely separate things.
Back to top Go down
kingtrace
Tesla
Tesla
kingtrace

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 5:04 pm

This is all about Noctelux, the first Gen 6 cap submitted yesterday.

Okay, when it starts getting to the point that I can make a full Illusion team, I think we need to start setting some limits on the ability.

Next, yeah, Frost is absolutely right, we cannot use Paleo Wave or ShadowStrike, both of which are odd coverage for this thing in first place. Those moves aren't our moves, and this CAP project doesn't currently allow the creation of moves.

Also, Night Daze, Psystrike, Aura Sphere, and Moonblast (even a good chunk of Fairy Types don't get Moon Blast.) are very, very exclusive moves, and having them all on one Pokemon, and spitting on flavor in a few cases, is unacceptable.

It is also the first and only non-Ice type to get Frost Breath, and the second Non-Fire type to get Lava Plume (the first being Groudon.) which I don't like for the same reason.

Why does it have such a heavy Ice movepool when the Pokemon has literally nothing to do with Ice?

Your concept is just describing the drawing, and that's insulting. The concept is meant to describe appearance AND flavor. How does it live? What does it eat? What kind of socializing does it do? How does it treat people? Does it have special abilities? Why does it have Illusion? Why does it have the best Ice type move pool this side of real ice types?

Also, if you stole that drawing you're fucked.
Back to top Go down
steel dragons
Arceus Tier
Arceus Tier
steel dragons

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 10 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 1:26 am

kingtrace wrote:
This is all about Noctelux, the first Gen 6 cap submitted yesterday.

Okay, when it starts getting to the point that I can make a full Illusion team, I think we need to start setting some limits on the ability.

Next, yeah, Frost is absolutely right, we cannot use Paleo Wave or ShadowStrike, both of which are odd coverage for this thing in first place. Those moves aren't our moves, and this CAP project doesn't currently allow the creation of moves.

Also, Night Daze, Psystrike, Aura Sphere, and Moonblast (even a good chunk of Fairy Types don't get Moon Blast.) are very, very exclusive moves, and having them all on one Pokemon, and spitting on flavor in a few cases, is unacceptable.

It is also the first and only non-Ice type to get Frost Breath, and the second Non-Fire type to get Lava Plume (the first being Groudon.) which I don't like for the same reason.

Why does it have such a heavy Ice movepool when the Pokemon has literally nothing to do with Ice?

Also, if you stole that drawing you're fucked.
First of all, I want to say that I totally agree with all of this.  I want to expound on a few things though:

1.  @Aurora: We already have a Dark / Psychic Pokémon with Illusion, and it has similar stats to Noctelux.  Even if everything else about your CAP is acceptable, we still wouldn't accept your CAP because of its striking similarities to Cotnoir, the other related CAP.  At the very least, its stats would have to be changed somewhat in order to be acceptable, as we don't want to simply copy other CAPs.  I'm not saying that it was your intention to copy Cotnoir, but still, we frown on CAPs that are very similar to other CAPs.

2.  @Aurora: Again, we frown on our CAPs having too many 'awesome moves' like Moonblast, Psystrike, and Aura Sphere all on the same set.  We want the CAPs to be able to compete in our standard (or OU) tier, but not to overwhelm it.  Also, you don't really need to stick 19 attacking moves on any one CAP, as mot of the time, half of those moves won't even be used.  Stick on the moves that it needs, some 'filler' moves, and some moves like Recover, Reflect, Hail, (Spikes may be good on it, as it fits the description) and moves like that as well on it.

3.  @Aurora: We don't want to discourage you from making more CAPs in the future; let me make that clear.  We just have strict guidelines for how to make CAPs, and we take them seriously.  If you want advice for how to make CAPs, just ask one of us, and I'm sure that we can give you some helpful advice.
Back to top Go down
Frost
Sableye Tier
Sableye Tier
Frost

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 10 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 8:39 pm

Name: Mythiaussade

Preferred Sprite: Drifloon

Concept:An angel-like sprite, it has a relatively small body and head with large striking eyes. Its most noticeable feature are its elaborate wings made entirely out of ribbons. A cruel and sadistic sprite, it delites in the torment of others. These ancient spirits lived along side the development of civilizations, and grew resentful of mankind for encroaching upon their habitats. It developed a hostile relationship with humanity when it was targeted for the ribbons in its wings. They often play spiteful tricks that sometimes leave their innocent victims injured or seriously harmed.

Type: Ghost/Fairy

Mythiaussade
(Drifloon)
Pixilate
CAP Discussion - Page 10 425
Standard
2xCAP Discussion - Page 10 GhostIC_BigCAP Discussion - Page 10 SteelIC_Big
1xCAP Discussion - Page 10 FlyingIC_BigCAP Discussion - Page 10 PoisonIC_BigCAP Discussion - Page 10 GrassIC_BigCAP Discussion - Page 10 IceIC_Big
CAP Discussion - Page 10 RockIC_BigCAP Discussion - Page 10 FireIC_BigCAP Discussion - Page 10 GroundIC_BigCAP Discussion - Page 10 FairyIC_Big
CAP Discussion - Page 10 ElectricIC_BigCAP Discussion - Page 10 WaterIC_BigCAP Discussion - Page 10 DarkIC_BigCAP Discussion - Page 10 PsychicIC_Big
1/4xCAP Discussion - Page 10 BugIC_Big
0xCAP Discussion - Page 10 DragonIC_BigCAP Discussion - Page 10 NormalIC_BigCAP Discussion - Page 10 FightingIC_Big
HP90290-384
Atk2040-152
Def125229-383
SpA135247-405
SpD5094-218
Spe80148-284
CAP Discussion - Page 10 GhostIC_BigCAP Discussion - Page 10 FairyIC_Big
Creator: Frost
BST: 500
Ability:Pixilate

Base Stats:
Spoiler:

Moves
Spoiler:

Last edited by Frost on Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
steel dragons
Arceus Tier
Arceus Tier
steel dragons

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 10 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 12:37 pm

@MKslayer: I think that you should change some things about Specterfied. First, its concept really needs some work (like how does it move, how is it Rock / Ghost, what does it do, how did Kingtrace become a god (I thought he was just another member of Breakdown, hmmm...)). Also, I don't see the need for a move like Calm Mind, as it has no special moves to speak of (besides Hidden Power and Hyper Beam) I feel like those things should be changed in order for Specterfied to be truly 'acceptable'.
Back to top Go down
kingtrace
Tesla
Tesla
kingtrace

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 10 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 3:10 pm

For the record, our new voting system for CAP is currently going to look like this (Invalid, if I'm wrong, feel free to correct me.)

You all probably know how to up vote posts. If you don't, the function is used by the little + or - in the upper right hand corner of a post.

Basically, we're using these to vote on all CAPs from Draffection on, including Draffection.

If a post has a total of three up votes and a ratio of positive votes to negative votes of minimally 2/1, then the CAP is implemented.

I'm not very good at explaining this, just note that if you want to implement CAPs, you have to click on the + sign, and if you're opposed to a CAP, click on the - sign.
Back to top Go down
kingtrace
Tesla
Tesla
kingtrace

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 10 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 8:00 pm

Steel, Slurgge is not sitting right with me for flavor, mostly because its secondary typing is Poison, despite the fact it isn't poisonous. It has a magical liquid that causes flowers to grow, and that is what its goo is. Its goo isn't poison. It likes people, and helps people, and it helps flowers.

If you change the typing to Grass or Water, then I'll accept it. Also, you can choose to change the flavor.
Back to top Go down
steel dragons
Arceus Tier
Arceus Tier
steel dragons

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 10 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 8:53 pm

Ok, I changed the description to match better with its typing. I also replaced Grassy Terrain for Flamethrower. Let me know if I need to change anything else.
Back to top Go down
Frost
Sableye Tier
Sableye Tier
Frost

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 10 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 9:55 pm

Updated Macarbre: Replaced Worry Seed with Defog at the suggestion of Invalid.

Also gave Magidécès Dazzling Gleam in place of Flamethrower since it's a fairly commonly distributed move.
Back to top Go down
steel dragons
Arceus Tier
Arceus Tier
steel dragons

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 10 EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 1:48 pm

@Diogo: Personally, I would give Mc'kirk the moves Steamroller and Needle Arm, as they fit well with the descrption, and Mc'kick could really use some non-fire / rock moves. Also, what does Mc'kick stand for? I'm just wondering, as it seems like an odd name.
Back to top Go down
diogofrp
Alphabet Soup Tier
Alphabet Soup Tier
diogofrp

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 10 EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 3:12 pm

Was co-made by me and a friend, this is his explanation for the name:

"http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/MC_Hammer

MC Hammer, nome verdadeiro é Stanley Kirk Burrel.

MC'Kirk --> Mc'Kirk

Porque é um ouriço com a cauda em forma de martelo (Hammer) e com espinhos ("U can't touch this")"

Translation:

MC Hammer, real name is Stanley Kirk Burrel

MC'Kirk --> Mc'Kirk

Because it's a hammer tailed hedgehog and with spikes.

Also, Steel, Needle Arm was already in it's moveset in my final version(Wasn't in the version I pasted there), and was also waiting for my friend's permission to put Sacred Fire in our cap.
Back to top Go down
Frost
Sableye Tier
Sableye Tier
Frost

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 10 EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 6:25 pm

En-Ghoul takes 2x from Fairy because it's Fighting type. As much as I wish it did, Ghost does not in fact resist Fairy. I have corrected this mistake myself.

Also I appreciate your work Steel. Nice job updating the charts overall. I know it must have been a cumbersome task, so thank your for taking it upon yourself to do it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

CAP Discussion
Page 10 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next