Breakdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesYoutubeRegisterLog in

Photobucket
Pokemon Showdown!
Support Breakdown by clicking below

CAP Discussion

Go down 
+5
diogofrp
SupahGassy
Frost
Invalid
steel dragons
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
diogofrp
Alphabet Soup Tier
Alphabet Soup Tier
diogofrp

Rep : 4

CAP Discussion - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 12:58 pm

They're back in.(For now)

I wanna test how they are, if they don't go "too far",I won't remove them,
Back to top Go down
kingtrace
Tesla
Tesla
kingtrace

Rep : 28

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 1:17 pm

We're adding a new rule to Don't Be Stupid Clause: No more inanimate objects. So far we have two rocks, a torpedo, and fire. While these things can be interesting if worked into a concept, we will no longer be accepting Pokemon whose concept reads "A rock that's a on fire." or "Floating meteor with poison on it." These things are not alive, and are not Pokemon. If you could see it, catch, live with it, and not realize it was alive for several days, there's a problem.

Note, we will not be removing Pokemon that already exist that violate this rule, but we sure as hell won't take anymore. Also, if you're one of the people I've refrenced, we'd appriciate it if you'd expand your concept.
Back to top Go down
Invalid
Zygarde Tier
Zygarde Tier
Invalid

Rep : 77

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat May 18, 2013 5:05 pm

Changes have been made to En-Ghoul and Electricicle, En-Ghoul has lost the ability to have Drain Punch and Shadow Sneak on the same set, Electricicle's special attack was lowered from 140 to 118, it's special defense has been raised from 70 to 80.
Back to top Go down
Maxedofhaxed
Inspired
Inspired
Maxedofhaxed

Rep : 6

PostSubject: Temp Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat May 18, 2013 7:47 pm

diogo im pretty sure fire wouldbe 1/4x
Back to top Go down
Invalid
Zygarde Tier
Zygarde Tier
Invalid

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat May 18, 2013 8:48 pm

Maxed, fix your caps please, they're both pretty broken. Lycanite is definitely going to go uber as of now, and I'm not even going to implement the other one.
Back to top Go down
diogofrp
Alphabet Soup Tier
Alphabet Soup Tier
diogofrp

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat May 18, 2013 9:05 pm

Maxedofhaxed wrote:
diogo im pretty sure fire wouldbe 1/4x

It had Flash Fire at that time x)
Back to top Go down
kingtrace
Tesla
Tesla
kingtrace

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun May 19, 2013 9:36 pm

Diogo and Steel, we are not allowing you to make anymore CAPs until the following already implemented caps get an improved concept, meaning it must be realistically alive and somehow stands apart from inanimate objects. It also must have a concept that does not include a name of any currently existing Pokemon.

Diogo: Mevenetalo, Explocanus

Steel Dragons: Thramo, Goulia, Cometroc (Torkedo could also use improvement, but isn't required.)

Please understand we are tying to make this a thread for real Pokemon, and try not to be offended.
Back to top Go down
Invalid
Zygarde Tier
Zygarde Tier
Invalid

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun May 19, 2013 11:23 pm

I created some fan art. Here
Torkedoe: https://2img.net/h/i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc249/Toke2000/IMG_0128_zpsf5e7c80d.jpg
Thramo: https://s215.photobucket.com/user/Toke2000/media/IMG_0130_zpsb1e2ae09.jpg.html
Comatroc: https://s215.photobucket.com/user/Toke2000/media/IMG_0144_zpsa9f87663.jpg.html
Comatroc without spoilers: https://2img.net/h/i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc249/Toke2000/IMG_0136_zps9db78edd.jpg

Last edited by Invalid on Tue May 21, 2013 2:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Frost
Sableye Tier
Sableye Tier
Frost

Rep : 50

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun May 19, 2013 11:52 pm

/offtopic

That is probably the ugliest wallpaper I have ever seen in my life.
Back to top Go down
Invalid
Zygarde Tier
Zygarde Tier
Invalid

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun May 19, 2013 11:54 pm

It's the ugliest wallpaper I see every day of my life.
Back to top Go down
Frost
Sableye Tier
Sableye Tier
Frost

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 12:48 am

So I had a new idea i wanted to test on you guys:

Name: Invalid's Wallpaper

Type: Ground/Water

Stats:

HP:600
Attack:600
Special Attack:600
Speed:600
Defense:600
Special Defense:600

Ability:Intimidate

Moves

Spoiler:

Concept: The supreme being of the universe, lurking in our host's bedroom. It's horrifying appearance strikes fear into the hearts of all who behold it. It can be witnessed here, battling a Thramo
https://s215.photobucket.com/user/Toke2000/media/IMG_0130_zpsb1e2ae09.jpg.html
Back to top Go down
steel dragons
Arceus Tier
Arceus Tier
steel dragons

Rep : 32

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 12:50 am

@Kingtrace: I'm not going to pursue improving Comatroc any further right now, and I don't really care if it is never implemented at all. I will improve Thramo's and Goulia's concept though; I should have them done pretty soon in the near future.

EDIT: I just edited Thramo's and Goulia's concepts. Thramo's new concept is with its chart though.
Back to top Go down
kingtrace
Tesla
Tesla
kingtrace

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 12:52 am

Poor Thramo, as if it didn't have enough problems with being a miniture black hole, now it has to battle what I can only assume is God in wallpaper form? Mysterious ways, indeed.
Back to top Go down
Frost
Sableye Tier
Sableye Tier
Frost

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 12:55 am

Move over Arceus.
Back to top Go down
kingtrace
Tesla
Tesla
kingtrace

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 10:03 am

Alright, thank you, Steel. As long as you don't intend to have Cometroc implemented without improving the concept, these are fine changes. Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
diogofrp
Alphabet Soup Tier
Alphabet Soup Tier
diogofrp

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 10:58 am

I'm not editting anything else until Explocanus' post is fixed. It was alright, then I editted it and it went berserk. I can't fcking get it to separate different lines when I click Enter. I can't understand why, it's the first time this happens.
Back to top Go down
diogofrp
Alphabet Soup Tier
Alphabet Soup Tier
diogofrp

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 12:47 pm

Done on both.

Since Meventalno is now alive, Shift Gear came out and Shell Smash went in. If SmashPower(Shell Smash + Cosmic Power) proves to make it broken, Invalid will make them both "event" moves so they won't be able to be in the same set.
Back to top Go down
kingtrace
Tesla
Tesla
kingtrace

PostSubject: Temp Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 4:44 pm

Alright, thank you for fixing that, Diogo.
Back to top Go down
steel dragons
Arceus Tier
Arceus Tier
steel dragons

PostSubject: Temp Move To Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 10:20 pm

@Invalid: Should have given Rockug Head Charge

Quote :
The user charges its head into its target, using its powerful guard hair. It also damages the user a little
(from Serebii)
Back to top Go down
Invalid
Zygarde Tier
Zygarde Tier
Invalid

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 11:27 pm

steel dragons wrote:
@Invalid: Should have given Rockug Head Charge

Quote :
The user charges its head into its target, using its powerful guard hair. It also damages the user a little
(from Serebii)

I already gave it Shaymin's Signature move, I don't feel right taking Bouffalant's too. Also I think of their face as being pretty important to them and wouldn't think they'd want to damage it. And as a signature move, it's not really beneficial to the Pokemon so it's kind of unnecessary. All that said, the move does make sense, the description fits it well, I just don't want to use it, also I moved your post to CAP Discussion.
Back to top Go down
diogofrp
Alphabet Soup Tier
Alphabet Soup Tier
diogofrp

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue May 21, 2013 7:28 am

Name: Caleal

Preferred Sprite: Lillipup

Concept: A species of dog Pokémon who walks in search of a master. His mane is covered in a grassy fur that can conduct and amplify the electricity generated by it's body. It's fur looks like yellow leaves in the autumn. When it stands up, it's 1m high. It's fur can harden to form spikes.
It's a gentle and loving creature, but will become ferocious if it's master is threatned.
His paws look like ordinary dog paws, but can sprout hard claws when provoked. It's tail does not have a specific size and can change at will.

Type: Grass/Electric

Base Stats:

Ability: Intimidate or Static.

Moves:

This is not a yet made cap, i'm actually putting here so we can discuss it Razz
I won't make the chart because Ik i'll probably have to modify it.

Last edited by diogofrp on Tue May 21, 2013 4:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
steel dragons
Arceus Tier
Arceus Tier
steel dragons

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue May 21, 2013 8:47 am

@Diogo: I think that the best abilities for it would be Chlorophyll, Lightningrod, and Intimidate. You could also potentially give it Rough Skin, based on Caleal's descripton. I don't really think that you need to lower its speed if it is a Chlorophyll user, as its attacking stats are not the greatest in the world. For example, Venusaur has a better special attack than Caleal, and Sawsbuck has a higher attack than Caleal.

Also, I think that it could have Sunny Day added to its movepool over Harden, and I don't see how it can learn 'arm' moves (like Needle Arm), since it is like a dog.You could probably add a move like a 'tail' move like Dragon Tail or Tail Slap over Needle Arm. Also, Roar would make sense here as well.
Back to top Go down
diogofrp
Alphabet Soup Tier
Alphabet Soup Tier
diogofrp

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue May 21, 2013 9:36 am

Needle Arm was because it can grow spikes on itself, but true, he doesn't have arms, so it's off for roar. A tail move, he already had Iron Tail though.
And Caleal's speed lowerage would come in trade for an upping in attack/sp.atk.

Also, Sawsbuck and Venusaur have nothing to do with this, they are Normal/Grass and Grass/Poison respectively, while this Pokémon is Electric/Grass, with acess to moves like Thunderbolt, Volt Tackle, Fusion Bolt, Power Whip and Solarbeam. And to top that off, he has Growth, which has a double effect in the sun and doubles both Atk and Sp.Atk, and his defs aren't bad either.

It's a mixed attacker(kind of), as you can see by his moveset having STAB Phy and Sp moves that are very strong.

Caleal:
  • Hp: 70
  • Atk: 95
  • Def: 100
  • Sp.Atk: 85
  • Sp.Def: 90
  • Speed: 100

• BST: 540

Venusaur:
  • HP: 80
  • Atk: 82
  • Def: 83
  • SpA: 100
  • SpD: 100
  • Spe: 80

• BST: 525

Sawsbuck:
  • HP: 80
  • Atk: 100
  • Def: 70
  • SpA: 60
  • SpD: 70
  • Spe: 95

• BST: 475

The difference between it and Venusaur, for example, is it has no way to stop an opponent to get free turns unless it's lucky with Thunder Wave. It has way batter defenses than any of those 2, and worse even, it can actually do both of their jobs. But tbh, his Phy set doesn't have Horn Leech like Sawsbuck and his Sp set doesn't have Sleep Powder like Venusaur has.

Sawsbuck is weak to Fight, Bug, Poison, Ice, Fire and Flying.
Venusaur is weak to Ice, Fire, Flying and Psychic.
Caleal is weak to Ice, Fire, Bug and Poison.

The bold text is on the types that are common(attacking). Heatran, Mamoswine/Weavile and Scizor are examples of it.

And lots of Pokémon non-STAB attacks with those types. To add up to that, most caps atm run fire, which eats through any of those.
Back to top Go down
SupahGassy
Inspired
Inspired
SupahGassy

Rep : 1

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue May 21, 2013 2:03 pm

if you're going to give it Chlorophyll either drop its bulkiness down or drop its speed way lower. Due to its typing its STAB power whip or other moves such as superpower give it the ability to KO two other weather starters. tyranitar and politoed and give it the upper hand at allowing it to keep sun up later in the game. to compensate for that i say you either drop its speed lower or drop the bulkiness because it should be able to be easily outsped outside of sun like venusaur can be and base 100 speed doubled is kind of trolly along with the attack stat you gave it. it's stats are better than that of both sawsbuck and venusaur....
Back to top Go down
Invalid
Zygarde Tier
Zygarde Tier
Invalid

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue May 21, 2013 3:28 pm

Diogo, your CAP is so overpowered, that I have no recommendation for how to balance it. Also, try to limit yourself to one signature move. Volt Tackle, Needle Arm, and Fusion Bolt are each signature moves, and Power Whip is only distributed to 5 evolutionary families. Lowering the speed and raising an offense will accomplish nothing, all the speed points between 83 and 100 do not affect a Chlorophyll user competitively.

If this thing is going to lose Chlorophyll, I can imagine it not destroying everything.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

CAP Discussion
Page 3 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next