Breakdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesYoutubeRegisterLog in

Photobucket
Pokemon Showdown!
Support Breakdown by clicking below

November 2013 Tier Voting Discussion

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
kingtrace
Tesla
Tesla
kingtrace

Rep : 28

November 2013 Tier Voting Discussion  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: November 2013 Tier Voting Discussion    November 2013 Tier Voting Discussion  - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 5:14 pm

It doesn't matter. Do whatever you like. At this point, there are people that agree with me, and people that agree with you, and I'm under no illusion that either of those groups are actually reading this and formulating and opinion.

Any Steel type that resists Flying is a check, and that's a long check list.

There's a laundry list of counters that you detailed.

And then we'll just go ahead and ignore Talonflame's team support options because that has no bearing on Talonflame being Uber.

And again, pointed insults aren't getting you anywhere.
Back to top Go down
kingtrace
Tesla
Tesla
kingtrace

PostSubject: Re: November 2013 Tier Voting Discussion    November 2013 Tier Voting Discussion  - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 5:25 pm

lie2
lī/
noun
noun: lie; plural noun: lies

an intentionally false statement.

If I have to think about why it's a lie, it isn't a lie. That's simply by definition.
Back to top Go down
Frost
Sableye Tier
Sableye Tier
Frost

Rep : 50

PostSubject: Re: November 2013 Tier Voting Discussion    November 2013 Tier Voting Discussion  - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 5:27 pm

So after implying the opposition is "assasinating" and being dubious, calling our position uneducated, and continuously calling us unexperienced, you're gonna cry "Pointed insults?"

Hon, you've been doing it too the entire time.

This whole discussion has pretty much been derailed. We should probably take a breather and calm down because this is getting far too heated.
Back to top Go down
kingtrace
Tesla
Tesla
kingtrace

PostSubject: Re: November 2013 Tier Voting Discussion    November 2013 Tier Voting Discussion  - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 5:30 pm

I've never made a pointed personal insult, it was being assassinated behind closed doors because no one had bothered formulating any reasoning for it but was voting it up regardless, and unless they changed the definition of "inexperienced" Invalid definitely fits the bill, having admittedly played a number of gen 6 battles that ranks somewhere in the single digits.

On the other hand, Invalid is calling me both an intentional liar and a "big shot", and I'm going to be so bold to assume he doesn't mean Barret's Level 1 Limit Break.

The difference between an insult and an undesirable truth is that one is meant to injure, the other just is, regardless of personal or emotional harm.
Back to top Go down
Invalid
Zygarde Tier
Zygarde Tier
Invalid

Rep : 77

PostSubject: Re: November 2013 Tier Voting Discussion    November 2013 Tier Voting Discussion  - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 5:40 pm

An excerpt from my first post about Talonflame wrote:
In addition to it being an incredible wallbreaker, it has priority brave bird going for it.
An excerpt from my second post about Talonflame wrote:
Talonflame hits way the Truck harder than any priority user in the past. That is not the entirety of Talonflame though, it also has the whole rest of its set to work with. I don't believe that priority Brave Bird is all it takes to make a Pokemon Uber, that's why the calcs I listed include Flare Blitz and U-turn.
The third and fourth post did not involve me saying anything to negate my previous statements.
An excerpt from my fifth post about Talonflame wrote:
That's half my problem with it, the other half is that it comes in with priority about as strong as +4 Aegislash's Shadow Sneak.
An excerpt from my sixth post about Talonflame wrote:
There are more than 1 factor here, more than 1 factor.
An excerpt from my seventh post about Talonflame wrote:
I gave you the factors, and you're treating it like it only has one of the two when you do that.
An excerpt from my eighth post about Talonflame wrote:
It's not "back to being a Uber because it's a revenge killer" it's been Uber for both reasons the whole time.
For you to say that you didn't know my position was that the combination of its wall breaking power and its priority is borderline impossible. Don't come at me with:
kingtrace wrote:
If I have to think about why it's a lie, it isn't a lie. That's simply by definition.
Back to top Go down
Invalid
Zygarde Tier
Zygarde Tier
Invalid

Rep : 77

PostSubject: Re: November 2013 Tier Voting Discussion    November 2013 Tier Voting Discussion  - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 6:08 pm

and to the definition man.

in·sult
verb
inˈsəlt/
speak to or treat with disrespect or scornful abuse.
Back to top Go down
kingtrace
Tesla
Tesla
kingtrace

PostSubject: Re: November 2013 Tier Voting Discussion    November 2013 Tier Voting Discussion  - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 6:20 pm

I have made it clear, abundantly so, that the crux of my opinion that it isn't Uber is that it can't use Brave Bird and Flare Blitz at the same time. You choose to ignore that and then state your opinion piece by piece, then got agitated as I responded, piece by piece. In fact, I even dismiss the combination sweeper/wall breaker argument in the post where you claim you stopped reading due to lying.

Here's me rebutting that argument right before you dismissed me without reading what I wrote.

"So when we look at "all the factors" together, we have a very strong priority user who can wallbreak with adequate prediction, but on the flip side you have a predictable one trick pony that is susceptible to prediction as well. It's wallbreaking is comparable to other threats and spamming Brave Bird is never practical, which forces back into the awkward place where you have to predict. Not to mention a crippling 50% SR weakness and it's frailty preventing it from doing much else besides Banded with the same efficiency. With proper team support and a well played game, you can make Talonflame into a dangerous weapon, but it requires a high level of thought that allows it to operate much like any other dangerous Pokemon."

Also, I'm not seeing me being disrespectful, I'm only seeing me being disagreeable. But whatever.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: November 2013 Tier Voting Discussion    November 2013 Tier Voting Discussion  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

November 2013 Tier Voting Discussion
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3