Breakdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesYoutubeRegisterLog in

Photobucket
Pokemon Showdown!
Support Breakdown by clicking below

CAP Discussion

Go down 
+5
diogofrp
SupahGassy
Frost
Invalid
steel dragons
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
steel dragons
Arceus Tier
Arceus Tier
steel dragons

Rep : 32

CAP Discussion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 2 EmptySat May 11, 2013 2:37 am

I had a recent issue; I couldn't give Macarbre Protect and battle with it. I assume that it just was not included for whatever reason.
Back to top Go down
SupahGassy
Inspired
Inspired
SupahGassy

Rep : 1

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 2 EmptySat May 11, 2013 3:02 am

i think it was purposely not given protect

but my set has been pretty annoying for it

Marcarbre @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Def
Calm Nature
- Leech Seed
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave
- Night Shade
Back to top Go down
SupahGassy
Inspired
Inspired
SupahGassy

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 2 EmptySat May 11, 2013 1:55 pm

can we create a section to put sets for these CAPs? just to share and give people the general idea of what these pokes run.

Also, Choice Band Lycanite guys, its too strong and good :p
Back to top Go down
Invalid
Zygarde Tier
Zygarde Tier
Invalid

Rep : 77

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 2 EmptySat May 11, 2013 2:38 pm

Actually people are allowed to make analysis for CAP Pokemon in the Analysis section. For people who don't want to make an entire analysis, there's this thread to post sets to and discuss.
Back to top Go down
SupahGassy
Inspired
Inspired
SupahGassy

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 2 EmptySat May 11, 2013 3:11 pm

Ahhh okay well i guess i'll do some analysis's
Back to top Go down
Invalid
Zygarde Tier
Zygarde Tier
Invalid

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 5:29 pm

I'm adding the CAP mod to random battle, as of now I'll be picking out the set that looks best to me and setting it as the "viable moves" which will be the Pokemon's moves in Random Battle. I've already figured out how to set them to the right levels, all CAP standard Pokemon will be level 74 and all CAP Uber Pokemon will be level 70. if anyone has a preferred moveset for the cap in random battle, let me know, otherwise it will get my choice of 4-6 moves.
Back to top Go down
Invalid
Zygarde Tier
Zygarde Tier
Invalid

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue May 14, 2013 1:05 pm

Everyone please obey the new rule

Don't Be Stupid:
Concept is neccessary, include something descriptive that doesn't use the names of other Pokemon whatsoever. Give us a clear idea of what the CAP is.
Back to top Go down
steel dragons
Arceus Tier
Arceus Tier
steel dragons

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed May 15, 2013 9:30 am

@Diogo: Mevenetalno, if it has a base 130 defense, can only have a max BST of 520, not 530. In this case, the 130 base defense takes away 20 total BST points. The defense is 10 points over the maximum, and if you go over the maximum, you lose 2 BST points for every point over 120 (so 2 x 10 = 20 here).

Also, I would give it something like Thunderbolt instead of Water Gun, as it really wants some other decently-powered coverage move that isn't a Poison or Steel-typed move.
Back to top Go down
diogofrp
Alphabet Soup Tier
Alphabet Soup Tier
diogofrp

Rep : 4

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed May 15, 2013 11:10 am

Water gun was just a filler xD

Also, aren't the stats good on it?Or are you only talking about the total?
Back to top Go down
diogofrp
Alphabet Soup Tier
Alphabet Soup Tier
diogofrp

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed May 15, 2013 11:16 am

110 + 80 = 190
120 + (2*10) = 140
140 + 190 = 330
330 + 80 = 410
410 + 110 = 520
520 + 20 = 540

It goes right to me Neutral

Back to top Go down
steel dragons
Arceus Tier
Arceus Tier
steel dragons

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed May 15, 2013 11:48 am

diogofrp wrote:

The stats are all right now since no stat exceeds 120 and the BST doesn't exceed 540. So, you're all good.

For the moves, I don't think that Waterfall 'fits' this Pokemon. In other words, I couldn't see this Pokemon covering itself in Water and making a tackle like that. I think that moves like Flamethrower and Flame Charge fit it better.
Back to top Go down
SupahGassy
Inspired
Inspired
SupahGassy

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed May 15, 2013 2:13 pm

when is Skoison gonna go up? j.w.
Back to top Go down
diogofrp
Alphabet Soup Tier
Alphabet Soup Tier
diogofrp

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed May 15, 2013 3:15 pm

steel dragons wrote:
diogofrp wrote:

The stats are all right now since no stat exceeds 120 and the BST doesn't exceed 540. So, you're all good.

For the moves, I don't think that Waterfall 'fits' this Pokemon. In other words, I couldn't see this Pokemon covering itself in Water and making a tackle like that. I think that moves like Flamethrower and Flame Charge fit it better.

Waterfall works fine, it's not supposed to be full covered. Waterfall takes care of stuff like Heatran. What I could do is take out Thunderbolt for Flamethrower since i'm not sure why I need Thunderbolt unless i'm fighting an Empoleon. Flame Charge is not good because it has Gyro Ball and a low speed.
Back to top Go down
steel dragons
Arceus Tier
Arceus Tier
steel dragons

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed May 15, 2013 5:06 pm

diogofrp wrote:
Waterfall works fine, it's not supposed to be full covered. Waterfall takes care of stuff like Heatran. What I could do is take out Thunderbolt for Flamethrower since i'm not sure why I need Thunderbolt unless i'm fighting an Empoleon. Flame Charge is not good because it has Gyro Ball and a low speed.

I'm just saying to add moves to Pokemon that fit Mevenetalno itself, and not just to cover specific threats. Waterfall is a good move in general, but I don't see how a meteor that fell in Toxic Waste has the ability to climb waterfalls, or make tackles while being cloaked in water (something like that anyway). I see moves like Flare Blitz and Flamethrower fitting on it better, as it likely caught on fire from falling from space and still has some of that 'heat' inside it. I'm not saying that every single move on every single Pokemon has to make perfect sense (like how does Rhyperior learn Surf?), but that they have to somewhat make sense.

Also, this Pokemon can't do much to Steel Pokemon right now, at least not from its Poison and Steel-typed moves. Having something like Flamethrower will discourage some Steel Pokemon from switching into battle. Also, if Muk (who is a sludge monster basically) can learn Flamethrower and Thunderbolt, so can Mevenetalno (who is a meteor covered in toxic sludge).
Back to top Go down
diogofrp
Alphabet Soup Tier
Alphabet Soup Tier
diogofrp

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed May 15, 2013 5:49 pm

Flame Wheel still makes more sense.
Waterfall doesn't mean it's clean water, but something like Muddy Water would fit it better though
Back to top Go down
steel dragons
Arceus Tier
Arceus Tier
steel dragons

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed May 15, 2013 5:59 pm

SupahGassy wrote:
when is Skoison gonna go up? j.w.

You have to talk to Invalid, since he is 'The Implementer'. I got Torkedoe put up because I talked to Invalid about it, and he added it in.
Back to top Go down
Frost
Sableye Tier
Sableye Tier
Frost

Rep : 50

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed May 15, 2013 7:06 pm

Mevenetalno is only a little bit less bulky than Arceus. Considering it has 1 mildly uncommon weakness, this will probably be a problem. You don't have to change anything if you don't want to, but I'm just throwing my 2 cents in.
Back to top Go down
diogofrp
Alphabet Soup Tier
Alphabet Soup Tier
diogofrp

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu May 16, 2013 5:35 am

Well, I had lowered his bulk before to 100 HP/Def/Sp.Def, but Invalid said 110 of each would be fine, unlike Arceus, he has no viable recovery, it can RestTalk or Pain Split, but considering his huge HP stat, Pain Split doesn't heal as much as someone would expect.

I don't really see it being broken, although maybe taking out pain split would help.
Back to top Go down
diogofrp
Alphabet Soup Tier
Alphabet Soup Tier
diogofrp

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu May 16, 2013 10:18 am

Btw, what I think would actually make it be a very fcked up wall, is the fact that his fire weakness is easily covered if he's used in a Rain Team...
Back to top Go down
Invalid
Zygarde Tier
Zygarde Tier
Invalid

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 12:46 am

No. I refuse to implement this, I also refuse to implement Maxed's. From hear on out, I will be judging these before implementing them. There is very little creativity going into any of this, it's a contest to see who can make a cap that counters the other CAPs and who can get away with making the most broken CAP. Gassy, yours will go in.
Back to top Go down
SupahGassy
Inspired
Inspired
SupahGassy

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 1:10 am

thats sort of why i made mine with low stats except in speed. i think it may be one of the fastest caps outside of Horsear (who has speed boost) and with Tinted Lens moves that are 1/2x effective against other caps are 1x effective and moves that are 1/4x effective are 1/2x effective etc which is why i gave it a low atk stat coupled with coil, which is like a better bulk up
Back to top Go down
steel dragons
Arceus Tier
Arceus Tier
steel dragons

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 2:50 am

Quote :
No. I refuse to implement this, I also refuse to implement Maxed's. From hear on out, I will be judging these before implementing them. There is very little creativity going into any of this, it's a contest to see who can make a cap that counters the other CAPs and who can get away with making the most broken CAP.

In terms of my CAPs, I disagree with the fact that there is little creativity going into my CAPs. I try to make an interesting Pokemon with each new CAP that I make. Also, I'm not just making CAPs just to counter other CAPs or to make broken Pokemon. Granted, Thramo might have been leaning toward the broken side, but it is not my goal to create broken Pokemon.

I would also like to know: Is there something I can do to make Thramo 'implementable' without destroying its main concept too much?

On a side note, I will want Fecterlow implemented next. I'll make the chart for it soon.
Back to top Go down
diogofrp
Alphabet Soup Tier
Alphabet Soup Tier
diogofrp

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 5:33 am

Will my CAP not be implemented as well?:/
Back to top Go down
diogofrp
Alphabet Soup Tier
Alphabet Soup Tier
diogofrp

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 5:43 am

Flame wheel out, Amnesia in
Waterfall out, bubblebeam in
Wild charge out, electro ball in.

I don't need it to have coverage, it's a wall after all
Back to top Go down
steel dragons
Arceus Tier
Arceus Tier
steel dragons

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 12:47 pm

Quote :
Flame wheel out, Amnesia in
Waterfall out, bubblebeam in
Wild charge out, electro ball in.

Thats disappointing, those moves really help it hit stuff. Its not like those moves are extremely powerful or anything like that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

CAP Discussion
Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next