Breakdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesYoutubeRegisterLog in

Photobucket
Pokemon Showdown!
Support Breakdown by clicking below

CAP Discussion

Go down 
+5
diogofrp
SupahGassy
Frost
Invalid
steel dragons
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
steel dragons
Arceus Tier
Arceus Tier
steel dragons

Rep : 32

CAP Discussion - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 9 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 5:12 pm

@CJRebs, you violated the BST limit by having the special attack stat over 120 (you're at 125) and not adjusting the BST limit to be under that.  You have to take away two BST points for every BST point in a stat that is over 120 (in your case, the BST total has to be 530 or lower.

Also, your CAP is pretty strong.  Having multiscale with only one true weakness can make it hard to take down.  Also, having Tail Glow on a Pokémon with base 125 special attack is somewhat ridiculous.  I would replace Multiscale and Tail Glow with different abilities / moves, make the BST right, then we can talk about implementing your CAP.
Back to top Go down
Invalid
Zygarde Tier
Zygarde Tier
Invalid

Rep : 77

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 9 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 7:15 pm

Multiscale+Shell Smash+Respectable Offenses is a terrifying mixture.
Multiscale+Other Set Up+Respectable Defenses is another terrifying mixture.
If this thing were implemented as is, I have no doubt that it would be the deciding factor in whether a team was good or not. Honestly I like a lot about this, but it's just too good, to keep the general theme intact yet still limit the Pokemon, I have two ideas in mind.

1: Remove Shell Smash, lower HP Def and SpDef by 15 each.
or
2: Remove Multiscale and drastically lower it's special attack, 90 would be about right.
Back to top Go down
steel dragons
Arceus Tier
Arceus Tier
steel dragons

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 9 EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 1:46 am

Hey guys, I'm just going to say something in general here.  Don't just put Shell Smash on all / most of your CAPs, as it simply doesn't make sense on some of these CAPs.  Sure, if your CAP has a shell, you can include Shell Smash, but don't just include Shell smash because its a great move; include Shell Smash only if it makes reasonable sense.
Back to top Go down
SupahGassy
Inspired
Inspired
SupahGassy

Rep : 1

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 4:51 pm

Guys, sorry i haven't been on a lot but my laptop broke so ive had to use the house computer a lot.

Anyway, i've had an idea for CAP that i'll need some others help with.... i kind of want to make a legendary CAP trio like Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres etc. but i don't want to make all 3 alone it would be great if two others would like to help along in creating this trio so that they still have some unique features to them but also have similiarities in design and stat distrubution. I personally was thinking of a Fight/Psychic/Dark trio but it'd be great if someone else could voice an opinion. Also i'd like to kind of create a duo legendary thing like Dialga/Palkia Ho-Oh/Lugia etc. and maybe with Invalid's permission we can make them intentionally Uber... idk... But anyway let me know guys.
Back to top Go down
Invalid
Zygarde Tier
Zygarde Tier
Invalid

Rep : 77

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 10:22 pm

Gassy, when we both have more time to discuss this, I'd like to. Message me whenever you're able to be a little more active. I've been offline for like 4 days without talking to anyone, to anyone reading this and saying, "YES YOU HAVE YOU BASTARD," sorry.
Back to top Go down
Frost
Sableye Tier
Sableye Tier
Frost

Rep : 50

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 11:17 pm

"YES YOU HAVE YOU BASTARD"

Also if one of them would be a ghost I would totes be interested JS
Back to top Go down
steel dragons
Arceus Tier
Arceus Tier
steel dragons

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 11:29 pm

@Gassy: I would be up for that Gassy, in regards to making a legendary Fighting / Dark / Psychic trio.  I wouldn't want to necessarily make them uber though, as I believe that CAP standard is more played than CAP ubers.  We could make them like the Terrakion / Virizion / Cobalion trio; or we could have them be good, but not game-breaking good.

@Frost: We could also put in a Ghost typing, although I'm not sure how that would fit in well with a trio of Pokémon.  We could use it as a secondary typing maybe, but the Ghost typing has already been used with the Fighting and Psychic types for CAPs already, and I don't want to have a Ghost / Dark Pokémon be too good.

@Invalid: Also, where have you been Invalid?
Back to top Go down
Frost
Sableye Tier
Sableye Tier
Frost

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 9 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 6:15 am

The Ghost thing was mostly tongue-in-cheek. In part it was more like a "qualifier" for my participation, not a request.
So yeah.

Back to top Go down
diogofrp
Alphabet Soup Tier
Alphabet Soup Tier
diogofrp

Rep : 4

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 9 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 8:00 am

Do Fire/Water/Grass trio with a Psychic as main.

The backstory can be easily written about a trio of mystic beings who control the powers of nature. :p
Back to top Go down
SupahGassy
Inspired
Inspired
SupahGassy

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 9 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 2:10 pm

well i thought of doing Bug/Ghost/Dark and the backstory being that humans were so afraid of them that they were shunned into the shadows until one day overnight a deadly Psychic type pokemon attacked the humans and the Bug/Ghost/Dark trio came and saved the humans without them actually knowing. or something along those lines. But i didn't just want them to be plain Bug/Ghost/Dark maybe we could make them half dragon or something idk

@Steeldragons: about the ubers i meant like if we do a legendary duo such as Dialga/Palkia, not the trio, i'd like the trio to be Standard like the Swords of Justice.
Back to top Go down
Frost
Sableye Tier
Sableye Tier
Frost

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 9 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 12:43 am

Gassy, you've got my interest. Especially if these are intentionally uber, because I think the CAP uber metagame could use some filling up.

I've also thought up a backstory if you're interested. I know you kind of have your own, but if you want I could share it with you. I am a amateur writer, ya know.

Anyway I will gladly offer my services for this project if you want.
Back to top Go down
SupahGassy
Inspired
Inspired
SupahGassy

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 9 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 12:56 am

Okay well you can tell me your own backstory and ideas if you like. But are we still gonna do Dark/Ghost/Bug or you have an idea for something else? And the only ones I want to make intentionally uber is the duo which I'm still unsure of what types they should be. I don't wanna do the usual type/dragon type/dragon duo like palkia/dialga and zekrom/reshiram maybe make them both part psychic or something idk just so it would match up with the story of the trio saving the humans or such
Back to top Go down
Frost
Sableye Tier
Sableye Tier
Frost

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 9 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 2:12 am

Macarbre has been given a buff due to its lackluster performance is Standard. Basically I increased its bulk by 40 overall.

If this causes any imbalance or problems, please let me know and it will be corrected accordingly.

HP:100
Atk:20
Def:80
SpAtk:85
SpDef:150
Spe:45
BST:480

Also Gassy I'll write one up for you when I have it all completely drafted out and more time.
Back to top Go down
SupahGassy
Inspired
Inspired
SupahGassy

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 2:30 am

so far this is what i have for the trio with Mist Ball being their signature move all together

http://pastebin.com/PbUduu20
Back to top Go down
steel dragons
Arceus Tier
Arceus Tier
steel dragons

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 9 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 8:39 pm

@Supahgassy: Hey, I have a few questions about Jescorch and Lizshrub. First, why are they both listed for ubers, when they don't really seem like Uber Pokémon? Also, why does Jescorch have Splash...it could have an infinite number of moves that are better than Splash.

Also, Jescorch may be a bit OP in weather, but I'm not quite sure what the impact of its implementation would be.

Back to top Go down
SupahGassy
Inspired
Inspired
SupahGassy

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 9 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 9:16 pm

oh sorry that should be standard not uber. and i wanted to really limit its movepool if it has swift swim because i don't want it to be too broken but i dont want it to be too weak so i gave it useful moves to use while also limiting it so that it won't break everything. i just wanted to try and get a good rain dance user with swift swim because we haven't had anything like that yet and being part fire also limits it more i guess because ill need a rapid spinner in order to help run it effectively really
Back to top Go down
kingtrace
Tesla
Tesla
kingtrace

Rep : 28

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 9 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 2:43 am

Occrusher is getting a second set of balance changes. This time his attack is dropping to 120 and he's becoming a pure normal type.
Back to top Go down
steel dragons
Arceus Tier
Arceus Tier
steel dragons

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 9 EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 11:25 pm

@Diogo: A few things about Kamponaa:

1.  It has a whole lot of attacks; 19 out of 20 possible attacks to be more precise.  I prefer that there be at least a few more non-attacking moves, but that is just my preference.  I try to not simply include 20 attacks on my CAPS, and include some non-attacking moves. (probably at least 4) If a Pokémon has all attacks, its effectiveness can be limited at times.

2.  Iron Fist can be a decent ability.  However, why not give it Compoundeyes instead?  You said yourself that Kamponaa could see up to 5 km, which fits in perfectly with compoundeyes.  If you go that route, you could possibly replace one of Kamponaa's moves with Stone Edge.

I like Kamponaa in general, but I would prefer to make these changes if it were me.  You don't absolutely have to make those changes if you don't want to.
Back to top Go down
diogofrp
Alphabet Soup Tier
Alphabet Soup Tier
diogofrp

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 9 EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 9:55 am

steel dragons wrote:
@Diogo: A few things about Kamponaa:

1.  It has a whole lot of attacks; 19 out of 20 possible attacks to be more precise.  I prefer that there be at least a few more non-attacking moves, but that is just my preference.  I try to not simply include 20 attacks on my CAPS, and include some non-attacking moves. (probably at least 4) If a Pokémon has all attacks, its effectiveness can be limited at times.

It is a full forward attacker, I did intend to put Bulk Up, but I went with Curse so that bulking up would make it more of a target for most attackers which are faster.

But!I can remove Hammer Arm for another move, but it'll have to fit the cap concept, which is a basic full-forward attacker that does not stop to think and it does not use it's legs in battle. It will also lack stuff like Toxic, Rest, and Sleep Talk.

steel dragons wrote:
2.  Iron Fist can be a decent ability.  However, why not give it Compoundeyes instead?  You said yourself that Kamponaa could see up to 5 km, which fits in perfectly with compoundeyes.  If you go that route, you could possibly replace one of Kamponaa's moves with Stone Edge.

I like Kamponaa in general, but I would prefer to make these changes if it were me.  You don't absolutely have to make those changes if you don't want to.

diogofrp wrote:
It has very strong arms which are the base of all it's attacks, using them to throw or punch the opponent which eventually led them to be very strong punchers

Also, it gets basically no advantages from having Compoundeyes, since most moves are 100% accurate.

Iron Fist, however, boosts 15 of his 20 moves.
Back to top Go down
kingtrace
Tesla
Tesla
kingtrace

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 9 EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 7:15 pm

Diogo, I'm scared as hell about your newest CAP. 130 HP, 120 Atk, 60 Def, and 100 SpD is a recipe for the world's scariest Curse user. Bonus points if it has two move perfect coverage and Drain Punch with Iron Fist. Not to mention it's also ungodly bulky and extremely quick for such great bulk.
Back to top Go down
diogofrp
Alphabet Soup Tier
Alphabet Soup Tier
diogofrp

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 9 EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 9:41 pm

Snorlax has more bulk, and this one has more weaknesses and a 4x weakness.

But yes, it has a powerful coverage and iron fist boosts 15 of it's 20 moves, and it gets acess to curse, but as intended, Curse is made to make it slower and more subjectible to other Pokémon.

What I can do is maybe trade in some Sp.D for HP, wasting away more BST easily, and lowering the special defense for Fire and Psychic types that commonly use Sp.A.

I do accept other suggestions though, as I said before to Invalid, I also think it might be a bit OP, but I don't see it being broken, although I don't know. I was looking for something that boosted Atk and Sp.Def, but no such thing exists, that's what I wanted in the place of Bulk Up, so that his Def would stay low.

I can also lower his speed, although seeing as he has almost perfect coverage just by Priority moves, I don't know if it makes that much of a difference.
Back to top Go down
kingtrace
Tesla
Tesla
kingtrace

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 9 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 12:30 am

Snorlax is weak to the omnipresent Fighting, while your CAP is weak to the equally present Fire, but it's other weaks are the rare Psychic and the incredibly rare Flying. In return, it resists Bug and Dark, which don't matter, and resists Ground and Fighting, two of the best physical attacking types in the game.

The priority moves don't matter as much unless you run it Banded, which you could. The speed allows it to force switches and set up a sub, and then Curse like a sailor until it's unbreakable. This is the same complaint people had with En-Ghoul, but now it can run Drain Punch/Sucker Punch or even Bullet Punch.

130 HP is fucking massive. This is the same HP as Vaporeon, with the same Phys Bulk, more SpD, and better set-up and non-weather dependent recovery.
Back to top Go down
kingtrace
Tesla
Tesla
kingtrace

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 9 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 12:46 am

Double post because I just saw Apollyon, and I just have a few comments.

100 Atk / 100 SpA / 100 Spe doesn't sound bad, and 90 HP isn't as bad either. It has Swords Dance and Nasty Plot, but it's crappy phys movepool means it's pretty much guaranteed to be a special sweeper. The access to Blizzard is neat, and OH SWEET MOTHER OF GOD THIS THING HAS SHELL SMASH!?!?!!!?!

I mean, seriously, it now is the fastest, bulkiest Shell Smasher, and as icing on the cake, it has great SpA AND Atk, so it can run Ice Shard to pick off weakened priority users, mostly Breloom. Nothing outspeeds plus 2 at base 100 speed, so no worries there.

Oh well, guess we could use a new type in ubers.
Back to top Go down
SupahGassy
Inspired
Inspired
SupahGassy

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 9 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 6:49 am

I honestly don't think diogos cap is going to be broken because for one a ghost type has to actually attack for it to land a sucker punch and curse is really bulk up with a downside which I like and its nice to see another bug/fight type to be honest because hercross gets boring also apollyon or w.e it is is gonna be broken already idk why but shell smash recover and ice body all on one pokemon just worrys me esppecially if it has priority ice shards.... and chiro just seems good all around. I like that its versatility makes up for it beingbase 90 in everything like pharule has sorta. Bulk up, recover, calm mind, swords dance and nasty plot, that thing might just be a pain in the butt.
Back to top Go down
diogofrp
Alphabet Soup Tier
Alphabet Soup Tier
diogofrp

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 9 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 10:10 am

kingtrace wrote:
Snorlax is weak to the omnipresent Fighting, while your CAP is weak to the equally present Fire, but it's other weaks are the rare Psychic and the incredibly rare Flying. In return, it resists Bug and Dark, which don't matter, and resists Ground and Fighting, two of the best physical attacking types in the game.

Remember this is CAP, although i've already told Invalid Idk how present Flying is in this tier, although there are lots of flying types xD

But yes, I'm going with your reasoning, although with the presence of Cottnoir, I don't think Psychic is that rare anymore, but even though it takes 2x from Psy, Psy also takes 2x from it Razz

kingtrace wrote:
The priority moves don't matter as much unless you run it Banded, which you could. The speed allows it to force switches and set up a sub, and then Curse like a sailor until it's unbreakable. This is the same complaint people had with En-Ghoul, but now it can run Drain Punch/Sucker Punch or even Bullet Punch.

130 HP is fucking massive. This is the same HP as Vaporeon, with the same Phys Bulk, more SpD, and better set-up and non-weather dependent recovery.

With the prioritys it has, the only Banded moves would be Mach Punch and Bullet Punch, which both have 40 BP.
Iron Fist boosts them to 60, which is a nice improvement, but it lacks the coverage which you can use with Sucker Punch, although being Banded to sucker punch is very bad.

The HP thing was to be able to lower it's overall bulk, a bit like Chansey's HP to Def ratio, but as you've made me see, HP might work as an improvement to both Defenses.

Even then, I asked for suggestions Queen, can you give me some or are we just gonna discuss it?Razz
I suggested a change of Sp.Def/HP, can you give me a feedback on that?

'Cause Ik it's not Breakdown CAP yet, but i'll accept any suggestions that will make it more viable without basically changing it's base concept.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CAP Discussion   CAP Discussion - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

CAP Discussion
Page 9 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next