Breakdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesYoutubeRegisterLog in

Photobucket
Pokemon Showdown!
Support Breakdown by clicking below

Annoy Your Opponents with Darkrai on an Electric Gym!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Invalid
Zygarde Tier
Zygarde Tier
Invalid

Rep : 77

Annoy Your Opponents with Darkrai on an Electric Gym! Empty
PostSubject: Annoy Your Opponents with Darkrai on an Electric Gym!   Annoy Your Opponents with Darkrai on an Electric Gym! EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 2:14 pm

Importable:
So, I do RMTs so people will use my teams, don't feel bad at all about it, you're not stealing anything. I hope that posting this will remind some people that the section exists so they'll post in it and we'll get some people playing and stuff. This is an Electric Gym team that I'm using in an actual league, but I'm not too worried about counter teaming because 1: I don't care much about the league, 2: I doubt anyone who wants to counter team will join it, and 3: It's not my only team for the league.

Annoy Your Opponents with Darkrai on an Electric Gym! 068
Hormones (Machamp) (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Dynamic Punch
- Payback
- Ice Punch
- Stone Edge

Classic Gen 4 Machamp. I'm using it because I don't need rocks, and I don't need to prevent rocks. Since that's the case Machamp is great for starting off the match by forcing most opponents to pick something to die. It lives a hit from anything but boosted psychic or flying types and then hits back hard. If the opponent leads with Jellicent, Dusknoir, or Cofagrigus, switch, otherwise, you're probably fine. Name is either a gender transition, or puberty reference, whichever you like.

Annoy Your Opponents with Darkrai on an Electric Gym! 145
Beakachu (Zapdos) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Toxic
- Substitute
- Roost

My favorite Zapdos set, except Heat Wave is replaced by Defog. Defog makes sure I don't have to worry about hazards. If I were to change anything about this set, it would be to drop Substitute for Heat Wave so I don't have to switch out of Steel types not named Heatran. The reason I'm not doing that is because while I have Heal Bell support, that's a back up, not a main strategy for the team. Lanturn is very rarely going to get off more than 1 Heal Bell per match. Name is the greatest thing ever and I'll be hurt if you change it.

Annoy Your Opponents with Darkrai on an Electric Gym! 462
How do they work? (Magnezone) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Substitute
- Charge Beam
- Flash Cannon

I'm getting used to doing this with Magnezone, I used to do the same thing with a speed invested magneton all the time, but the bulk and SpA you get with this set seem to be doing a lot more for me. If you can trap a Ferrothorn, congratulations, just consider that dead and yourself +6 behind a sub. But the cool thing about this is you don't need to trap a Ferrothorn, you can actually sub up on a lot of things, paralyze something and get kills while setting up charge beams. It takes some getting used to, but if you use it right, it's a huge pain in the Nas. Name is an ICP joke.

Annoy Your Opponents with Darkrai on an Electric Gym! 479
OHHHHHHH! (Rotom-Heat) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

I fucking love Rotom, in Gen 4 it was my favorite, Pokemon, but then Reuniclus existed. Rotom is still my second favorite, and I don't like to just use Rotom-W. That's convenient though because Rotom's other formes are not bad. Rotom-H has proven itself in the past as the best counter for the Genesect Heatran core that plagued gen 5 DW. That wasn't its only use, and if you run it you'll probably notice the crazy cluster of resistances that allow it to deal with so many things that you might struggle against otherwise. Anyway, this is pretty much the only way to run Rotom-H, since switching out is a very bad thing for it normally, though defog helps with that. Name is a Regular Show thing.

Annoy Your Opponents with Darkrai on an Electric Gym! 491
Uscared? the (Darkrai) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Dark Void
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot
- Sludge Bomb

This is Standard right now, get out there and use it before it gets banned, it's a load of fun and it may or may not need to be banned. I'm leaning towards banning it, it's just too damn easy to get an opportunity to set up to +2 and beyond. Sludge Bomb is so it isn't hard walled by every Fairy type ever. Keep in mind, +2 sludge bomb does only 80% to Togekiss, so this thing isn't without its problems. If you do find yourself in that situation, just use it, and if you get T-waved, you have Heal Bell. Also the name is a reference to Ddog and his awfulness, also Ddog Baby!

Annoy Your Opponents with Darkrai on an Electric Gym! 171
Raditz (Lanturn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 200 Def / 252 SAtk / 56 SDef
Modest Nature
- Heal Bell
- Scald
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Don't run HP investment on Lanturn, I've done the math and it wastes bulk compared to running it in defenses. This actually does a decent job because it's so much better invested than most Lanturns. It manages to have better bulk and better offenses, which is hilarious, because to someone used to seeing crappy Lanturns, when it hits it looks like it must be Specs, and when it takes a hit it looks like it must be max bulk. It can get a heal bell off on pretty much everything that isn't Excadrill, but you'll probably want to get Heal Bells on things that aren't threatening to Lanturn, unfortunately that's a short list, but there's usually at least one thing per team. I run Water Absorb on this team because I already have plenty of Electric resists, normally you should have Volt Absorb. The name is copied from a horrible RMT I used to run.

Enjoy the team, and if I've left some mistake in the team, let me know.
Back to top Go down

Annoy Your Opponents with Darkrai on an Electric Gym!
Page 1 of 1