Breakdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesYoutubeRegisterLog in

Photobucket
Pokemon Showdown!
Support Breakdown by clicking below

Ddog the Kingtrace's Creative Analysis Thread

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
kingtrace
Tesla
Tesla
kingtrace

Rep : 28

Ddog the Kingtrace's Creative Analysis Thread Empty
PostSubject: Ddog the Kingtrace's Creative Analysis Thread   Ddog the Kingtrace's Creative Analysis Thread EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 12:34 pm

For those of you that have seen my master work, Calm Mind Terrakion, this is the place I'd like to request more amazing movesets, and also where I'll post my own. Look forward to my art. Please feel free to post your own movesets, and review all the amazing genius!

Serious part!
Spoiler:

Last edited by kingtrace on Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
kingtrace
Tesla
Tesla
kingtrace

PostSubject: Re: Ddog the Kingtrace's Creative Analysis Thread   Ddog the Kingtrace's Creative Analysis Thread EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 1:03 pm

Set Name: Supah Speedy Skarmory

Skarmory
Trait: Weak Armor
Nature: Timid
Item: Carbos
4 SpA/ 252 SpD / 252 Speed
Moves:
-Automatize
-Agility
-Whirlwind
-Rock Smash

After much thought over what could possibly be better than a Calm Mind Terrakion, I've come up with a Skarmory set that will definitely outclass every Skarmory set currently in use. The goal of this set is to boost your speed to amazing levels to be faster. Automatize does this and has an added effect of causing Grass Knot's power level to lower, giving Skarmory a much higher survivability rate. Once you run out of PP on Automatize, you can use Agility, but you lose the STAB from Automatize, which is really unfortunate. Whirlwind is the crux of this set. Once you're at about +300 speed you can spam Whirlwind and be faster than everything else, phasing things out while they have no chance to retaliate because you're going first. Rock Smash acts as effective glue on this pokemon, making up for it's lack of attacking power by dropping your opponent's defense, letting you sweep easily. Timid nature is obviously to go faster, as is weak armor. Carbos is to boost your speed even higher while allowing you to switch moves, obviously making it superior to Choice Scarf. The evs were selected because this skarmory is going the distance, he's going for speed. The special bulk is necessary because that makes him specially defensive and thus nearly broken.

TEAMMATES
This set really needs entry hazards in order to be useful, but Stealth Rock is unfair so don't use that. The best hazard is two layers of toxic spikes, phazing through your opponents whole team so it looks all purple and dead and stuff. Beedrill makes an amazing hazard user here, as it's clear disposition to physical sweeping will give you the element of surprise when setting up Tspikes. In this same vein, this should always be run with a venoshock user like Drapion, even if you don't have Tspikes up, in case your opponents is running the popular Skill Swap Magic Bounce Toxic Spikes to set up Guts strategy.

COUNTERS AND CHECKS
Nosepass and it's amazing ability to defeat all steel types with Lock On Zap Cannon makes this skarmory terrified of switching in on it, but once you're super boosted you outspeed and whirlwind. This is the problem almost every possible counter will face, so be sure to use an Imprison Bronzong with Agility and Automatize to counter this set hard. I haven't really tested this very much, is there anything else that could really stop this? I don't think so.
Back to top Go down
steel dragons
Arceus Tier
Arceus Tier
steel dragons

Rep : 32

PostSubject: Re: Ddog the Kingtrace's Creative Analysis Thread   Ddog the Kingtrace's Creative Analysis Thread EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 4:37 pm

Wobbuffet w/ Flame Orb
Ability: Telepathy
Adamant nature
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 SpA
-Splash
-Charm
-Tickle
-Safeguard

Well, this set should be pretty self explanatory, right? Anyway, the goal is to weaken your opponent as much as possible with Charm and Tickle. Safeguard is just there because Wobbuffet CLEARLY doesn't have any better options. Anyway, after you get your opponent to -6 in attack and defense, you then start sweeping with Splash. Most people don't know this, but Splash is a base 9000 power move when the foes' defense stat is lowered to -6.

Anyway, Telepathy is there just in case you go into a battle by accident. No one tries to switch out of Wobbuffet anyway, so why bother with Shadow Tag? Flame Orb is there to protect Wobbuffet from any other status, as you don't want it sleeping or paralyzed. You should also max out its speed and attack EVs to increase its chances of sweeping with Splash.
Back to top Go down
kingtrace
Tesla
Tesla
kingtrace

PostSubject: Re: Ddog the Kingtrace's Creative Analysis Thread   Ddog the Kingtrace's Creative Analysis Thread EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 4:46 pm

I can see this Wobbuffet really starting to take off in Beta. The lack of Counter and Mirror Coat is barely even a problem with the sheer power of splash. They can even OHKO Multiscale Dragonite with maximum bulk, though I haven't tested that, it's likely true.
Back to top Go down
Black Panda
Meowth Tier
Meowth Tier

Rep : 2

PostSubject: Re: Ddog the Kingtrace's Creative Analysis Thread   Ddog the Kingtrace's Creative Analysis Thread EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 4:55 pm

Both of yours are good, but this one's better, too lazy to put Checks and Counters

Breloom (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Spore
- Fury Cutter
- Bulk Up
- Charm

This set allows Breloom to sweep with ease. Just use Charm and Bulk Up, then sweep with Fury Cutter, which is possibly the best move in the game. Tested on beta swept teams with just this pokemon. Fury Cutter is by far the best move in the game.

Watch out for Salamences using Taunt, it ruins this whole set.

This set works well with nothing. It's a sweeper by itself
Back to top Go down
kingtrace
Tesla
Tesla
kingtrace

PostSubject: Re: Ddog the Kingtrace's Creative Analysis Thread   Ddog the Kingtrace's Creative Analysis Thread EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 4:58 pm

Hmm... Fury Cutter is certainly an interesting option, and I'm really enjoying the inspired use of both Serene Grace and Eviolite in a way i've never seen them done before. This seems like it would work better with the item Stick, however, because then Breloom will be able to Fury Cut harder.
Back to top Go down
Black Panda
Meowth Tier
Meowth Tier

PostSubject: Re: Ddog the Kingtrace's Creative Analysis Thread   Ddog the Kingtrace's Creative Analysis Thread EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 5:02 pm

Interesting, but Stick would make it too broken; I want to give my opponents a chance. As of now I'm trying to get a Giratina set going though.
Back to top Go down
Black Panda
Meowth Tier
Meowth Tier

PostSubject: Re: Ddog the Kingtrace's Creative Analysis Thread   Ddog the Kingtrace's Creative Analysis Thread EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 5:07 pm

Giratina @ Damp Rock
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Fury Cutter
- Hyper Beam
- Sleep Talk
- Sunny Day

This is my Giratina set. I take advantage of its amazing attack power here, and once again am utilizing the best move in the game, Fury Cutter. Sunny Day is used to stop ice types, and Sleep Talk... DUH it's Sleep Talk switch it in to somebody putting it to sleep like Raticate. (also one of the better pokemon in this game)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ddog the Kingtrace's Creative Analysis Thread   Ddog the Kingtrace's Creative Analysis Thread EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 5:21 pm

Feebas (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Adaptability
EVs: 252 SAtk / 253 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Icy Wind
- Water Pulse
- Waterfall
- Whirlpool

this is the best special attacker in the game! Very Happy It can do HUGE damage with water pulse and kill everything with waterfall which even OHKO's other feebas! I added 253 speed so u cant outspeed it with ur own feebas! whirlpool is too good and ko's zekrom you can ohko even kakuna!
icy wind is strognest move and can even ko CARVAHNA :OOO i chose adaptability since u are alrady faster than other feebas
Back to top Go down
Frost
Sableye Tier
Sableye Tier
Frost

Rep : 50

PostSubject: Re: Ddog the Kingtrace's Creative Analysis Thread   Ddog the Kingtrace's Creative Analysis Thread EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 8:05 am

Rotom (Rotom-S) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SAtk
Hardy Nature
- Astonish
- Round
- Mud-Slap
- Snore

So this is a Rotom set I thought I'd try. You have 252 ev's into spattack and attack because it's a good offensive balance. 4 into hp cuz why the fuck nawt? Who cares if you take more stealth rock damage!

I used an air balloon so i could be really really REALLY sure i wouldn't have to deal with ground moves

For our moves:
astonish is a great move, they'll never see it coming! *badum chs*
Round is good cuz if you waste a move for it on every member of your team it's TOO POWAHFUL
Mud Slap is always fun cuz you can mud wrestle and it'll be super sexy timez!
Snore is so you can hopefully scare them off with your loud obnoxious snoring. It'll be so loud they won't be able to handle it and they'll ragequit! You can also try Flash instead. Hopefully they'll be so appalled by your hideous body they won't be able to hit you anymore!

Last edited by Frost on Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Invalid
Zygarde Tier
Zygarde Tier
Invalid

Rep : 77

PostSubject: Re: Ddog the Kingtrace's Creative Analysis Thread   Ddog the Kingtrace's Creative Analysis Thread EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 5:52 am

Brake Town (Shedinja) @ Life Orb
Trait: Wonder Guard
EVs: 216 HP / 20 Atk / 40 Def / 8 SAtk / 208 SDef / 16 Spd

Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Fina
l Gambit
- Sand
storm
- SolarBeam
- Dream Eater

The EVs are specifically to live Gyro Ball from Ferrothorn. Life Orb gives Shedinja the extra power it needs to take out sashers with Final Gambit. The last thing I said explained Final Gambit so I don't have to explain it now. Sandstorm is to troll Alakazam because when they see that, they won't know what to do. With Solar Beam boosted by Sandstorm which I already
explained once so I won't explain again. Dream Eater is to get back the health that you'll be losing from Life Orb, es
pecially when you predict Espeon. The other moves are for coverage but I usually only run 4 moves on mine, some people say it's better with 5 but I don't like to do that, it's like using legendaries.

Last edited by Invalid on Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Frost
Sableye Tier
Sableye Tier
Frost

PostSubject: Re: Ddog the Kingtrace's Creative Analysis Thread   Ddog the Kingtrace's Creative Analysis Thread EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 6:02 am

[b]TEH BEST SET EEEEEVVVVVAAARRR!111!12!2!q1
Unown @ (No Item)
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Def
Hardy Nature
- Hidden Power [Normal]

So This is my set for unown.

As you can see, we have 252 ev's in attack to make you TOO STRONF!
Agamidae
252 inb defense makes you a SUPAH WALL. Itz almost as bulky as spdef raikou and golurk!1!!1!!
Our only move is Hidden power Normal (wich is leik teh best 1!!11!!1z!)

I don't use 4 movez or idumz cuz i thing that iz az cheap as using 6
team mem
ber
  1. z nd
  2. legen
dz!!1!!11!!

Thiz set iz 2 gud against Spiritomb! They NEVAH C IT COMING, It wunt noe what do!

UNOWN 4 UBERZ!1!!11!!!11XCJKBSDVKLV
Back to top Go down
Black Panda
Meowth Tier
Meowth Tier

PostSubject: Re: Ddog the Kingtrace's Creative Analysis Thread   Ddog the Kingtrace's Creative Analysis Thread EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 3:15 pm

Infernape (F) @ Iron Plate
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Bulk Up
- Encore
- Ember
- Focus Punch

This set is amazing. End of story natural bulk ftw
Back to top Go down
Frost
Sableye Tier
Sableye Tier
Frost

PostSubject: Re: Ddog the Kingtrace's Creative Analysis Thread   Ddog the Kingtrace's Creative Analysis Thread EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 10:02 am

Eatin Some Shroooooommmzzz!!!!!!!!
Drugz (Amoonguss) (M) @ Iron Ball
Trait: Effect Spore
EVs: 69 HP / 69 Def / 69 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Spore
- Worry Seed
- Rage Powder
- Facade
So now I shall share with you the little know Worry Seed Spore combo! Most people don't realize that this is awesome! After you give them Insomnia they'll be much easier to put to sleep cuz theyz tired! Rage Powder is the best move in the game! They'll be sure to RAGE quit! *is shot*
Facade will be 2 STORNHG after you put them to sleep! That is how it works......right?
For our EV's we have all 69s! AWWW YEAH!
Amoonguss has an Iron Ball becaus he was arrested :/ Drugs are bad M'kay?
And lastly the ability is Effect Spore because Regenerator is unreleased and it's not like you can just use it anyway! Smogon and PO sayz noe!
Back to top Go down
Invalid
Zygarde Tier
Zygarde Tier
Invalid

Rep : 77

PostSubject: Re: Ddog the Kingtrace's Creative Analysis Thread   Ddog the Kingtrace's Creative Analysis Thread EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 4:36 am

Hap Town! (Happiny) (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spe / 4 SAtk
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Sing
- Drain Punch
- Skill Swap
- Sunny Day
What most people don't realize is that Happiny can do all the work of Chansey with none of the EVs or Moves. And what they won't tell you is that Eviolite is specifically coded to give Happiny 10x the defense it normally has. That's how the pros win every year. Happiny has more special defense than a mentally handicapped marine division. It has more Swag than TM 47. It has more Spirit than Goku, and it's hotter than a 2 dollar pistol. They call this thing the fat lady because the show isn't over until it sings. They call it the plumber because it drinks Drain Punch. They call it the Mentor because it Swaps Skills. They call it Jimmy Cliff because with this Pokemon it's going to be a bright bright bright sunshiny day. Long story short, don't ever think about not using this Pokemon on your team if you're not just handicapping yourself by not using the most broken Pokemon in all of existence, and there's one thing I left out of this article that makes every thing stated in it a perfectly true fact.

Smogon Said So!
Back to top Go down
kingtrace
Tesla
Tesla
kingtrace

PostSubject: Re: Ddog the Kingtrace's Creative Analysis Thread   Ddog the Kingtrace's Creative Analysis Thread EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 2:39 pm

Since this thread hasn't been used in over a year, I believe it's time I (and the rest of the forums) got back to work in making analyses. Since I'm not very good at that, I instead have decided to go back to my roots and continue my work in the creative moveset department.

I'm going to start with one of the new face brought to us by Generation 6, because no one really knows how to make any of the new guys go to work yet, and of course the best way to do it is with something no one would ever think of.

Naruto (lol geddit he's a frog ninja) (Greninja) (F) @ Muscle Band
Trait: Protean
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Def/ 252 SpD
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Hidden Power Steel
- Power-Up PAWNCH
- Mat Block
- Taunt

When look at Greninja's stats, the very first thing you should note is that it is a ninja. As we are all keenly aware of, being a ninja means that you should function primarily out in the open, getting hit in the face and always playing fair, because only bad guy ninjas sneak around and attack people that aren't prepared. HP Steel will turn you into a Steel type, which is the best defensive typing ever. The fact that it happens to be weak to one of the same things as Greninja will only increase your manliness.

PUPAH is there for MOAH POWWWWER! It'll get stronger EVERY. FUckING. TIME.

Too fucking cool, man.

Mat Block is basically Protect, but it's the much cooler fighting type instead of wussie Nas normal type. Don't listen to Bulbapeda or Serebii when they say it has crippling weaknesses. They just don't know.

Taunt is so Greninja will say cool shit like "I'll tear you to pieces!" and "i'm going to hit you a bunch of times!" and "Believe it!"

Evs in both Ds so your Cool stat rises through the roof and you have more time to taunt.

Muscle Band so the other guy knows you come from the Village Hidden in the MUSCLE!!!!!

So, that's my first moveset written this gen. Please, everybody else, get working on other stuff, too! Maybe even some real ones. XD
Back to top Go down
Frost
Sableye Tier
Sableye Tier
Frost

PostSubject: Re: Ddog the Kingtrace's Creative Analysis Thread   Ddog the Kingtrace's Creative Analysis Thread EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 3:02 pm

Omg Queentrance ur so dum. You should have HP grass because nyarutow is from the hidden leef village!
Back to top Go down
steel dragons
Arceus Tier
Arceus Tier
steel dragons

Rep : 32

PostSubject: Re: Ddog the Kingtrace's Creative Analysis Thread   Ddog the Kingtrace's Creative Analysis Thread EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 4:37 pm

Ok, here's my set:

Lilligant w/ Dancing Shoes
Trait: Own Tempo
EVs: 101.33 HP, 101.33 Atk, 101.33 Def, 101.33 SpA, 101.33 SpDef, 101.35 Spe
Careful Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Swords Dance
- Petal Dance
- Teeter Dance

This is the Pokémon that you would use when you need a dance partner. You want your partner to be well rounded (hence the EVs), you want your partner to be able to keep track of the tempo (hence the ability), and you want your partner to actually know some different dance styles (hence the dance moves) You also want your partner to be careful to not step on your feet (hence the nature), and have good dancing shoes (hence the item). The item dancing shoes increases the effect of 'dancing' moves by over 9000...so for this set, its good to have.

On a serious note:
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ddog the Kingtrace's Creative Analysis Thread   Ddog the Kingtrace's Creative Analysis Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Ddog the Kingtrace's Creative Analysis Thread
Page 1 of 1