Breakdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesYoutubeRegisterLog in

Photobucket
Pokemon Showdown!
Support Breakdown by clicking below

SandPOWAAHHH

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SupahGassy
Inspired
Inspired
SupahGassy

Rep : 1

SandPOWAAHHH Empty
PostSubject: SandPOWAAHHH   SandPOWAAHHH EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 3:46 pm

So i was looking to put together a good team for sand without using too many rock/ground/steel types etc. But obviously that didn't get put together too well so i went and did the basics.

SandPOWAAHHH Tumblr_metbxbscXx1ryxo9ko1_500
BULLSHIT (Terrakion) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Justified
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Taunt

You might be asking, why Terrakion as a lead? Well for starters its unexpected really, it fucks with the opponents head going "OMG STRAIGHT OFF THE BAT A POWERFUL Nas TERRAKION!" but actually it Taunts other rock users and whatnot that are commonly slower as leads and gets up rocks itself while also being a good threat later in the game if it survives. Close Combats and Stone Edges from this guy hurt bad and trust me sometimes you wont even taunt or sr first turn, you'll Stone Edge a lead Ninetales and automatically win weather there.

SandPOWAAHHH Tumblr_mg9pm4AX2i1r72ht7o1_500
Its Godziwahh! (Tyranitar) @ Choice Band
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 180 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

Well it should be obvious why i picked Tyranitar. But this set just puts the icing on the cake if you know what i mean ;D But seriously though who doesn't love CB Tar? This things Crunch can KO basically anything that doesnt resist it. A CB Stone Edge will hurt just about anything, and trapping silly Espeon, Reuniclus, Chandelure, etc is just great because its one less threat to my team. His role is simply to get rid of psychic types that would otherwise demolish my team.

SandPOWAAHHH Tumblr_ma27ynO2Rn1rrkoj1o1_500
ShRoOmZ (Breloom) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 236 HP / 252 SDef / 20 Spd
Careful Nature
- Spore
- Drain Punch
- Bulk Up
- Seed Bomb

Breloom never lets me down as one of my favorite 3rd gen pokes. His useful typing allows this set to do so much. He comes in on some obnoxious Rotom or other poke who really can't hurt him sets up some Bulk Ups, Sleeps something and its pretty much gg from there. But why this set? Well this set was used pretty early on in BW when VoltTurn teams were being abused and as such this set did all it did to stop those silly teams in their tracks. Its also great for getting the advantage on rain teams which are a pain in the Nas for me :c

SandPOWAAHHH Tumblr_m3os7aVG7l1qd87hlo1_500
Gary (Gastrodon) @ Leftovers
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Def / 172 SDef
Calm Nature
- Earth Power
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic

Gastrodons role here should explain itself really, it tanks things, toxics them, and lets no Rotoms pass. Really i couldn't think of a better fit to this team then Gastrodon, hes used on every sand team for this reason really, because stab water moves in the rain are a Butch from Team Rocket and Gastrodon takes those down. Hats off to you Gastrodon!

SandPOWAAHHH Tumblr_lyj3pbJSAO1qaven0o1_500
WHAT AM I?!? (Sigilyph) @ Flame Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spd
Bold Nature
- Psycho Shift
- Cosmic Power
- Roost
- Stored Power

Sigilyphs ability Magic Guard allows him to void sand damage and the burn from Flame Orb. Honestly hes this team's best bet against most Fighting types such as Breloom, Lucario, etc. He burns anything in his path and sets up bulky Nas Cosmic Powers and keeps his hp with Roost. He fits the old role of Reuniclus and does it much better on this team as he is both a powerhouse and a defensive tank with CP Stored Power.

SandPOWAAHHH Tumblr_lx61qia1gt1qd87hlo1_500
Cumplosion (Heatran) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Toxic
- Substitute

Finally SubToxic Heatran one of the greatest Heatran sets i will ever use. It comes in on something like Ferro or Forre and then subs so if the opponent switches i get a free hit and if he stays in i still get a free hit as their pokemon can do nothing to me. It also a big check to things such as Volcarona, certain Venusaur, and all together Sun teams. Also when blisseys come in and get toxic'd is so great Smile

All in all the team needs some work. I found theres a huge weakness to breloom here and the only way to really combat it is with my own breloom. Reuniclus is a key issue as the TR set is good but not enough bulk and the CM set is good but too much bulk not enough power. I think i could replace Reuniclus with a Breloom counter of some sort but im not sure who. Let me know some input Smile

OLD MEMBERS:

SandPOWAAHHH Tumblr_m87g935gXV1qckwxco1_500
BLOBBY! (Reuniclus) @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Calm Mind
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock
- Recover

Steal It:
Spoiler:

Last edited by SupahGassy on Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:47 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Invalid
Zygarde Tier
Zygarde Tier
Invalid

Rep : 77

SandPOWAAHHH Empty
PostSubject: Re: SandPOWAAHHH   SandPOWAAHHH EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 4:06 pm

I like the idea of this team. I know Terrakion as a lead would completely Truck my head. I will try and test the team to see what I think of its viability, but for now I can say it seems effective, and in terms of creativity, no one should be complaining.

If you're looking to get rid of Reuniclus and you want some insurance against Breloom in return, I'd recommend just about any Latios set, and if that doesn't work out, you could try an offensive Sigilyph.
Back to top Go down
SupahGassy
Inspired
Inspired
SupahGassy

SandPOWAAHHH Empty
PostSubject: Re: SandPOWAAHHH   SandPOWAAHHH EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 4:12 pm

OMG thanks invalid im gonna test Sigilyph then soon, i didn't even think of using him. and i'll upload an importable for other people to (steal) test my team lol.
Back to top Go down
SupahGassy
Inspired
Inspired
SupahGassy

SandPOWAAHHH Empty
PostSubject: Re: SandPOWAAHHH   SandPOWAAHHH EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 3:17 pm

i just noticed a CB or SD terrakion or even a keldeo would run through my team still so i was thinking of replacing Gastrodon with Jellicent maybe?

SandPOWAAHHH Tumblr_m4aumwcxzw1qckwxco1_r1_500
Jellicent@Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 248HP / 216Def / 44Spd
Bold Nature
-Surf
-Will-o-Wisp
-Recover
-Taunt

this set would really help get rid of terrakion, keldeo and other fighting types my team usually has trouble with and probably do a better role then gastrodon...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SandPOWAAHHH Empty
PostSubject: Re: SandPOWAAHHH   SandPOWAAHHH Empty

Back to top Go down

SandPOWAAHHH
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Breakdown :: Pokemon Discussion :: Rate My Team-
Jump to: