Breakdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesYoutubeRegisterLog in

Photobucket
Pokemon Showdown!
Support Breakdown by clicking below

Dancin' In the Rain

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kratos
Creative
Creative
Kratos

Rep : 1

Dancin' In the Rain Empty
PostSubject: Dancin' In the Rain   Dancin' In the Rain EmptySat May 11, 2013 6:34 pm

Dancin' in the Rain

The Team:

Dancin' In the Rain 382Dancin' In the Rain 380Dancin' In the Rain 649Dancin' In the Rain 598Dancin' In the Rain 487-originDancin' In the Rain Arceus-fighting

Introduction:

I was chilling in the school bus and I said to myself "Why don't I build a team around a Latias-Genesect offensive core?". And yeah, I've been using this team for 3 weeks before I took a hiatus from Pokémon (I currently am) and this team actually works pretty well if your luck isn't that horrible. When you see the team, you probably notice I don't have a spinner, to be honest I coudn't fit one. I'll go ahead and show you the team.

Dancin' In the Rain 382
Kyogre @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Roar

Kyogre is one of the best Pokémon in Ubers (If not the best),sets up rain,sky-high Sp.Atk as well as good defensive stats. I chose this set because I figured it would be the most viable for this team since I already have a pretty nice offensive core in the form of Genesect-Latias, Physically defensive helps me check setup sweepers such as Arceus, Lugia,Rayquaza and Groudon (Rock Polish). I love Scald, it has a 99.5% chance of getting a burn, which is really nice, makes it really useful gainst Pokemon that switch in to Defensive Kyogre, such as Giratina-O and Lati Twins. Roar is my phazing move and helps me get rid of Set Up Sweepers, Rest and Sleep Talk are pretty good for this Kyogre set being able to heal your own status makes it very annoying to deal with.

Dancin' In the Rain 380
Latias (F) @ Soul Dew
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 120 HP / 192 SAtk / 196 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf
- Recover
- Thunder

Latias is probably my favorite Pokémon to use in Ubers, I think it's a very viable specimen, having access to Soul Dew makes it a very good option for an offensive as well as defensive Pokémon. It is my Kyogre switch in, it is also Genesect's partner being able to murder Dragons such as Giratina, Palkia and Kyurem(s). I chose Dragon Pulse over Draco since I feel Lugia could become a problem if I have a -2 Latias on the field. Recover is my recovery move, Surf is for taking care of support Excadrill and Ho-Oh in the rain (If I manage to win the weather war obviously). I had Psyshock instead of Thunder first, decided to change it because I needed something that could handle Lugia better since this team is awfully weak to it. I had Psyshock for Tentacruel and Chansey but, in the end it doesn't even matter since Tentacruel gets 2HKOd by Thunder and Chansey can be taken care of with Genesect or Ferrothorn.

Dancin' In the Rain 649
Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Download
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Ice Beam
- Explosion

Most Viable set in my opinion, being able to check the Lati twins, Mewtwo and Darkrai with U-turn makes it a very good Pokémon to use in Ubers, I run Naive nature just because I prefer giving opposing Genesect the Sp.Atk boost rather than the Physical one. Ice Beam just to check scarfed Zekrom, Skymin and Rayquaza. Iron Head is to check Kyurem and Explosion takes care of Ho-Oh as well as other bulky Pokémon. U-Turn also keeps the offensive momentum as my opponent is forced to switch into his/her Genesect switch in such as Giratina, Ho-Oh and Reshiram and I can take those out with my move of choice such as Dragon Pulse or Surf which is why I call it The Dragon Slayer duo(Oh snap Ho-Oh is not a dragon).

Dancin' In the Rain 598
Ferrothorn (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Ferrothorn is one of the most important members if this team since it cripples Calm Mind users such as Arceus formes and Lati twins, it also sets up Stealth Rocks and checks every Kyogre set but baring Specs. Not really that much to explain about this poke since most of the moves are very standard on Ferrothorn. Toxic is not that seen on Ferrothorn but it works haha. Also baits Forretress to come in and set up hazards/spin them away, I predict that and go to Giratina.

Dancin' In the Rain 487-origin
Giratina-O @ Griseous Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 212 Atk / 252 Def / 44 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Tail
- Shadow Sneak
- Earthquake
- Magic Coat

Giratina-O is my favorite Uber, it's just so fun to use, it has a lot of viable sets. It is probably this team's MVP. It is my Groudon as well as Extremekiller Arceus switch in, it looks like a weird set but it does wonders against those 2 Pokémon. Shadow Sneak 2HKOs Mewtwo and Deoxys-S. Eartquake is to support Arceus-Fighting (getting rid of Tentacruel). Magic Coat is this Pokémon's surprise it completly shuts down Forretress, if you predict correctly you can have Spikes and Toxic Spikes on your opponent's side of the field without having them on your own, the surprise factor is also a good thing, unexperienced players don't really expect that. I had Will-o-Wisp instead of Earthquake but Tentacruel was always annoying so decided to change it.

Dancin' In the Rain Arceus-fighting
Arceus (Arceus-Fighting) @ Fist Plate
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 160 HP / 4 Def / 92 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Recover

Arceus-Fighting is a very good Arceus Forme in my opinion, it completly destroys unprepared teams. Decided to give it a more bulky spread so it can take a +1 Explosion from Genesect at full health. I have the proper support to get rid of most of the things that wall it (Mewtwo,Lugia,Ho-Oh and Ghost Arceus). Ice Beam takes care of Giratina. Judgment is the most viable STAB move it has since Focus Blast never hits and has very few PP. Fightceus also takes care of Ferrothorn which is annoying to this team. Alongside Giratina it helps me beat Sand teams.

Expelled Member:

Dancin' In the Rain Arceus-ground
Arceus-Ground @ Earth Plate
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Recover

It almost never got a sweep, replaced it with Arceus Fighting since I needed something better for Ferrothorn. The disadvantge of doing this is that now I'm fairly weaker to Mixed Zekrom and Ho-Oh.

Threats:

Dancin' In the Rain 249
Most annoying one, if my opponent sets up hazards and Lugia happens to be the Sub-Toxic variant I pretty much lose.

Dancin' In the Rain 250
Life Orb or Choice Banded Ho-Oh being more specific, it gets a kill everytime it comes in but then again Offensive Ho-Oh is hard to wall anyways because most of teams without Physically defensive Giratina have trouble with this 2 sets although they aren't as common as the Tanking set.

Dancin' In the Rain 646-white
Choice Specs gets a kill everytime it comes in if my opponent is not an idiot. Kyurem's sacriest set haha.

Dancin' In the Rain 483
Life Orb is hard to deal with but I can check it with Arceus. Support Dialga is annoying if it has Thunder Wave since it cripples Arceus and Judgment doesn't OHKO.

How to play against common teams:

Generic Sun
Dancin' In the Rain 383Dancin' In the Rain 250Dancin' In the Rain 205Dancin' In the Rain 493Dancin' In the Rain 380Dancin' In the Rain 649

Kill Groudon and Arceus-Ghost and you're good to go if Ho-Oh isn't Life Orb or Banded, if it is you'll have some trouble.

Sun Offense

Dancin' In the Rain 383Dancin' In the Rain 649Dancin' In the Rain 491Dancin' In the Rain 487-originDancin' In the Rain 484Dancin' In the Rain 386-attack

Groudon can be taken care of by Giratina, Genesect + Palkia is very annoying but Arceus does decent against that duo. Spikes Deoxys-A is annoying as hell since it keeps a lot of pressure. Giratina can also be annoying if it's the Sub Variant. Kill Groudon and Giratina and you're good to go.

RainStall

Dancin' In the Rain 382Dancin' In the Rain 598Dancin' In the Rain 483Dancin' In the Rain 073Dancin' In the Rain 249Dancin' In the Rain 493

This one is tricky to play against, you should know when to reveal Magic Coat against Ferrothorn, Arceus Ghost can be annoying if it is Calm Mind seeing as the opposing team has a Ferrothorn and a Tentacruel that can set up hazards on your predicted Leech Seed/Toxic.

Rain Offense

Dancin' In the Rain 382Dancin' In the Rain 386-speedDancin' In the Rain 141Dancin' In the Rain 649Dancin' In the Rain 484Dancin' In the Rain 487-origin

Giratina can be annoying if it is the Sub-3 Attacks set. My own Giratina shuts down Deoxys-S. Palkia + Genesect may be annoying to play against but Ferrothorn and Giratina can handle it. Kabutops is a big threat if it is Swords Dance but Giratina should be able to check it.

Sand

Dancin' In the Rain 248Dancin' In the Rain 598Dancin' In the Rain 530Dancin' In the Rain 380Dancin' In the Rain 493Dancin' In the Rain 249

Can be annoying if it has a Lugia on it, Giratina takes care of any Excadrill variant. Tyranitar is easy to kill since I have Genesect and Fightceus. Calm Mind Arceus would give Ferrothorn and Kyogre a lot of pressure but it can be checked by one or the other.

Hello to all the people, it's been a long time.

Back to top Go down
Invalid
Zygarde Tier
Zygarde Tier
Invalid

Rep : 77

PostSubject: Re: Dancin' In the Rain   Dancin' In the Rain EmptySat May 11, 2013 6:56 pm

The How to play against common teams section is pretty cool, did you think of that yourself?
Back to top Go down
Kratos
Creative
Creative
Kratos

Rep : 1

PostSubject: Re: Dancin' In the Rain   Dancin' In the Rain EmptySun May 12, 2013 12:46 pm

yup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dancin' In the Rain   Dancin' In the Rain Empty

Back to top Go down

Dancin' In the Rain
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Breakdown :: Pokemon Discussion :: Rate My Team-
Jump to: