Breakdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesYoutubeRegisterLog in

Photobucket
Pokemon Showdown!
Support Breakdown by clicking below

The Sinister Room

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Frost
Sableye Tier
Sableye Tier
Frost

Rep : 50

The Sinister Room Empty
PostSubject: The Sinister Room   The Sinister Room EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 9:43 pm

So, this is a Trick Room team I've been toying with. It can't really be used on ladder because it becomes hopelessly predictable in Wifi Clause, but in the limited use I've had with it in no preview, it's been a great success! It revolves around the idea of a Trick Room team that won't lose momentum easily. This team has a grand total of three potential Trick Room setters, all of which have excellent bulk. This makes it easier to keep the trick room up and get things done. Thank you to Invalid for his team contributions, as well as the lame title for this RMT. And thank you to Kingtrace for additional advice.

The Sinister Room Cofagrigus_human_form_by_enocinoco-d4mc5d9
Reine (Cofagrigus) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Mummy
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Quiet Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Trick Room
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
Reine, The Queen. My Trick Room lead, she's usually at the very least able to set Trick Room. Depending on their lead, she might even be able to set up a nasty plot. She's dependible for not getting ohko'd thanks to her excellent bulk, so Nasty Plotting is usually pretty safe. For offense, we have HP fighting and Shadow Ball for unresisted coverage. If it gets the chance to set up, Cofagrigus can do pretty solid damage to their team. People will sometimes try to setup hazards with a lead anyway, so in that case if you Nasty Plot first and Trick Room later, they may not see the sweep coming. However, watch out for Taunt, from Deoxys in particular.

The Sinister Room 4cc6b9626b1311e2b3af22000a1fb856_6
Crocaderp (Conkeldurr) (M) @ Flame Orb
Trait: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Stone Edge
My first real use of Conk, and I can safely say I'm reasonably impressed. His bulk isn't bad, and he hits like a truck. Just a standard Conkeldurr, really. After Flame Orb kicks in Drain and Mach Punch will do incredible damage, and the former will help keep momentum up. Ice Punch provides solid coverage for annoyances like Gliscor who will try to protect stall Trick Room out. Stone Edge rounds off the set with more coverage, and is especially useful in dealing with Volcarona and Gyarados.

The Sinister Room Elastic-bandages-6w-yards-ben-_i_lbm40669
Dissipé (Dusclops) (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Seismic Toss
Just gonna say it now, I love Dusclops. This thing is impossibly bulky, and it does an excellent job as a backup Trick Room user. If the other two get taken out, he can set Trick Room up for the rest of the team and keep things moving smoothly. Will-O-Wisp also helps beat back annoying physical attackers for the rest of the team. Pain Split will allow Dusclops to restore its health pretty well, although it's not too reliable. Lastly, Seismic Toss, because its the only presentable way Dusclops has of doing any damage (aside from Night Shade, of course.) It tanks physical hits with ease, and even lives special ones well too. It's a fantastic mixed wall, and it serves its purpose well.

The Sinister Room Attract-People-Like-A-Magnet
How? (Magnezone) @ Life Orb
Trait: Magnet Pull
Quiet Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk / 2 Spd
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Magnets, How Do They Work? I'll tell you how, they trap annoying things like Ferrothorn and Scizor and burn them to death! This is the closest thing I have on my team to hazard protection, and it does a pretty adequate job most times, granted the user is a steel type of course. And it's got powerful stab, so it still sees use outside of steel trapping. It hits pretty hard, although the coverage isn't the best, especially when Gastrodon is involved. Thunderbolt is the obvious powerful STAB, while Volt Switch lets you, well... switch. It can be used for prediction, and it's very helpful for saving time in Trick Room, which is crucial. Flash Cannon is another STAB which is somewhat limited in its utility, but it works well for Tyranitar and can sometimes be used to finish off ground types. Be cautious however, as you don't want to take an Earthquake to the face.

The Sinister Room 1289260034n68z3S
ThxInvalid (Reuniclus) (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
Shiny: Yes
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
What would a Trick Room team be without Reuniclus? It really is perfect for the job. This is pretty much the exact set taken from Invalid's analysis, hence the name. The only difference is Psyshock, because I hate being forced out by Chansey. Shadow Ball and Focus Blast provide even more unresisted coverage, provided the latter doesn't miss. Reuniclus has the bulk to survive most special hits and set Trick Room up for itself, which comes in handy. All in all it's a solid Trick Room sweeper.

The Sinister Room 250px-McD-Big-Mac
FatBeotch (Chansey) (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
Ah the queen of fatness, Chansey. One of the best compliments to Dusclops; the two form an awesome core together. Her main job is wish support, mostly for Dusclops, but sometimes other stuff too. Occasionally she gets to lay hazards down, but it's not really crucial for the team. She can tank almost everything, and with Cofagrigus and Dusknoir around, in most cases fighting moves are a non issue. However, opponents can still predict switches to your ghost types and pick the appropriate moves, so bear that in mind.

So, as far as weaknesses go: For starters, this team is sort of Breloom weak. I normally have to sleep fodder something, which is kind of a pain. What it is depends on how much of the team I've seen. But Dusclops walls it fairly well provided Bullet Seed doesn't crit too much. This team is also total taunt bait. However, as far as Trick Room setters go it's normal so it's not too much of an issue. I also have no method of disposing of hazards, however Magnezone does a pretty good job of stopping them from being set up in most cases. Gastrodon can also be a potent annoyance at times, provided the enemy is smart about it. It can make things difficult for Magnezone, and switching into Scald can sometimes be a pain. However, Conk, Reuiniclus, and Chansey don't really mind a burn. Still, on a life orb set (yes that is a thing, I've had the annoyance of encountering it enough despite how dumb it sounds) the damage can be unwelcome. Sableye and its Taunts can be a nuisance, and even worse still, it can stall out Reuniclus in Trick Room. Opposing Trick Room pokemon like other Reunliclus or Conkeldurr can be a problem because of speed tying.

Last edited by Frost on Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Invalid
Zygarde Tier
Zygarde Tier
Invalid

Rep : 77

The Sinister Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sinister Room   The Sinister Room EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 12:20 am

Good team. And I like Conkeldurr's face.
Back to top Go down
steel dragons
Arceus Tier
Arceus Tier
steel dragons

Rep : 32

The Sinister Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sinister Room   The Sinister Room EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 1:01 am

First of all, nice team Frost. You obviously know what you're doing here. I have a few thoughts though:

- One thing I noticed is that Chansey and Dusclops will find it hard to deal damage to Ghost-typed Pokemon. Granted, your other team members can deal with them most of the time when Trick Room is up, but if Chansey / Dusclops are the last Pokemon standing, it could be problematic. Maybe replace Chansey's Stealth Rock with Toxic or something like that, since you said yourself that you only occasionally set up Stealth Rock.

- I think that Conkeldurr and Sableye could also be listed as major threats to this team. Sableye is obvious; its priority Taunts are bad for this team, and its typing allows it to combat Reuniclus and Conkeldurr well. Conkeldurr can set up on Chansey and Dusclops, and can probably (I think anyway) live a Magnezone Thunderbolt at full health and retailate with Drain Punch. Conkeldurr would also outspeed your Conkeldurr and Reuniclus when Trick Room is not up, which could be bad.

Again, just a few litle nitpicks. This team is very good.
Back to top Go down
Frost
Sableye Tier
Sableye Tier
Frost

Rep : 50

The Sinister Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sinister Room   The Sinister Room EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 1:37 am

Thank you very much, both of you :3

Steel, in regards to your comments:

I've considered giving Dusclops nightshade, however it really can't stand up to Ghosts anyway without a special defense investment. Then again, it can't do much to the only relevant normal types with Seismic Toss, so I might just put it on anyway. We'll see Razz. And while I don't always use Chansey's hazards, they are still generally appreciated, especially against the occasional Volcarona.

As for Sableye, one nitpick about it facing conk. It really can't combat conkeldurr very well. It should be specially defensive, so it will take heavy damage from Ice Punch, and it won't be able to weaken it. However, the Taunts can definitely be annoying, especially for Cofagrigus. And Sableye is capable of stalling out Reuniclus' Trick Room. So I will add it in later as a possible threat.

As for Conkeldurr, without Payback it doesn't threaten this team very much. It's still a pain to deal with, especially if it comes in after Reuiniclus is ko'd, but it's more manageable.With payback however, it can be a major nuisance, especially because Reuinclus' psyshock does not ohko. So again, I will add it to the threats, since it can be a major one in some situations.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Sinister Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sinister Room   The Sinister Room Empty

Back to top Go down

The Sinister Room
Page 1 of 1