Breakdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesYoutubeRegisterLog in

Photobucket
Pokemon Showdown!
Support Breakdown by clicking below

Kabutops

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kratos
Creative
Creative
Kratos

Rep : 1

Kabutops Empty
PostSubject: Kabutops   Kabutops EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 4:30 pm

Hi, how have you been?

So I wanted to use Kabutops in ubers because It looks like a really good pokemon when you think about it, also I needed a new team LOL.

Kabutops 386-speed
Kabutops Arceus-ghost
Kabutops 382Kabutops 141Kabutops 649
Kabutops 384

(I indeed made that on purpose so it could look like a downside arrow lol)

Team:

Kabutops 386-speed

Deoxys (Deoxys-S) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psyshock

I chose Deoxys-Speed because I think it's the best team supporter for Hyper Offense (thanks to its incredible speed and movepool)
it is the best choice for hazards, as you may know it sets hazards pretty easily. So I obviously want a bunch of hazards on my opponent's
side of the field so they would take a lot of damage from them. Now, I chose Psyshock over Psycho Boost for Tentacruel, Tentacruel has
is 2 Hit KOd by this (252 SpAtk Deoxys-S Psyshock vs 252 HP/0 Def Tentacruel: 82.42% - 97.25%2 hits to KO (with Leftovers), with
Stealth Rock and 1 layer of Spikes is a guaranteed OHKO. Hidden Power Fire helps me to take out Bugs like Genesect
(252 SpAtk Deoxys-S Hidden Power Fire vs 0 HP/4 SpDef Genesect: 90.46% - 107.42% 43.75% chance to OHKO, Dies after SR switch in) and Forretress
that are lead matchups against this thing (Sp.Defensive Forretress is 2 Hit KOd by HP Fire also they'll switch out after I reveal HP Fire and I'll get SR up
although the 30 Speed Ivs makes it slower than the other Deoxys-S and can't even risk the Taunt Speed tie,
me knowing this can give me an advantage and get a kill with Specs Kyogre and then Rapid Spin with Kabutops.

Kabutops Arceus-ghost

Arceus-Ghost @ Spooky Plate
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- ExtremeSpeed
- Brick Break

Arceus-Ghost (My favorite Arceus type) is my spin blocker as well as late game sweeper. I know Calm Mind is a better set, but Swords Dance supports the team
better, Arceus Ghost helps me beating Normal Extreemkiller 1v1 seeing as Extreemspeed doesn't affect this thing. A +2 Brick Break should take it out after SR
if it doesn't,No Problem, I can just click Extreemspeed. Also, Exteemkiller helps me deal with Chansey and Ferrothorn (both defensive threats to the team).
Can set up Swords Dances on those too very easily but, if they have Thunder Wave (Sike) Arceus is pretty much crippled since it's strongest move (Shadow Claw)
doesn't have priority things like Palkia or Mewtwo (that can take a +2 Extreemspeed when hazards aren't up) can come in and revenge kill.

Kabutops 382

Kyogre @ Choice Specs
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SAtk / 96 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Surf
- Water Spout
- Thunder
- Ice Beam

Nothing much to explain here. The weird EV spread it's because I want to outspeed Sub Ho-Oh variants and Surf as well as all Giratina-Origin variants. Water Spout is
the strongest move in the game. Surf can come in handy if Kyogre's HP is lowered to the point that Surf wil be stronger than Water Spout. Thunder 2HKOs Palkia and I can
always hope for the paralysis. Ice Beam for the Dragons that can come in to this thing. Also, something I forgot to mention, this is Hyper Offensive Rain so Kyogre is Mandatory
on this team (Specs Kyogre is mt favorite Kyogre set also).

Kabutops 141

Kabutops (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Low Kick
- Waterfall
- Rapid Spin
- Stone Edge

Probably this team's MVP, Kabutops is a Pokemon that can abuse rain pretty well thanks to its ability Swift Swim. It also has access to Low Kick,Superpower and Rapid Spin.
I decided to use an all out attacker set instead of Swords Dance, I couldn't really think about a 100% chance of Kabutops getting a Swords Dance. I chose Low Kick over
Superpower since it does the same damage as Superpower in most of the cases (Arceus, Palkia, Dialga, Kyogre), also I don't get the Defense and Attack drops which is really
nice for late game cleaner, Both Low Kick and Superpower KO Arceus after Stealth Rock and 1 layer of Spikes. Kabutops can take 1 +2 Extreemspeed from Adamant Arceus
and then Low Kick. Waterfall destroys Mewtwo after Stealth Rocks and 1 Layer of Spikes (252 Atk Life Orb Kabutops (+Atk) Waterfall vs 0 HP/0 Def Mewtwo:
79.32% - 93.77% 2 hits to KO).
Rapid Spin gives the team support if I'm getting destroyed by Stall or if my opponent has too many hazards up, Spinning is priority in Ubers.
Stone Edge 2HKOs 0 HP Evs Giratina Origin after Stealth Rocks. It also 2HKOs Physically defensive Lugia after Multiscale is broken.
252 Atk Life Orb Kabutops (+Atk) Stone Edge vs 252 HP/252 Def Lugia (+Def) : 62.02% - 72.84% 2 hits to KO.

Kabutops 649

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Download
EVs: 252 Atk / 32 SAtk / 224 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Ice Beam
- Explosion

Genesect is a crucial member of this team, with it I can check Mewtwo,Darkrai,Skymin,+1 Speed Rayquaza, Kyogre, Palkia (Locked into a Dragon type move obv), Tyranitar,
Zekrom and Groudon. Physical Scarfer is the best set in my opinion, Iron Head helps you against CM Arceus Ghost as well as the Kyurems. U-turn helps you keep your momentum,
and also it helps you revenge kill Mewtwo and Darkrai, as well as scouting what Kyogre set your opponent is running (If it does 50-57% it's an ofensive set,
If it does less than Half is either Specs, T-wave or Defensive,counting the Atk Boost ofc). Ice Beam helps me check +1 DD Rayquaza and Giratina Origin.Explosion is really useful
since it lets me destroy any of this Pokemon: Palkia,Ho-Oh,Kyogre and Arceus (when I get the Att boost). Ho-Oh tends to be a a "Counter" but not anymore haha.
Also as you caN see I don't carry Max Speed, I only carry enough to outspeed Timid/Jolly Scarfed Kyurems as well as +1 Rayquaza, the rest is on Special Attack so I can always
OHKO Rayquaza even if Rocks aren't up.

Kabutops 384

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Trait: Air Lock
EVs: 40 Atk / 252 SAtk / 216 Spd
Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor

In My Opinion this is the best Rayquaza set. When they see Rayquaza they tend to bring Groudon or a Physical Wall, the Mixed DD set lets you take care of that since a Life Orb
Max Sp.Atk Draco Meteor takes out Groudon in one shot, also,Ferrothorn can take a Draco and then die to a -2 Fire Blast.
252 -2 SpAtk Life Orb Rayquaza (+SpAtk) Fire Blast vs 252 HP/252 SpDef Ferrothorn (+SpDef) : 77.27% - 90.91% 2 hits to KO (with Leftovers).
In other words, every time this thing comes in, you can expect something to die. 40 Atk EVs Outrage 2HKOs 0 HP EVs Arceus so it's not setup fadder.
Rayquaza also attracts threats like Scarfed Palkia and Genesect (both setup fadder for Arceus Ghost). Rayquaza helps me check things like Excadrill, Manaphy and other
weather dependant Pokemon since it has Air Lock and it can easily outspeed them and Draco/Fire Blast them. Draco Meteor also 2HKOs Lugia after Stealth Rocks.

Threats:

CM Arceus Electric
CM Kyogre
Scarfed Terrakion
Haban Palkia
Rock Polish Genesect (If it gets the SP.Atk Boost)
Dual Status Darkrai
Swords Dance Excadrill
Life Orb Ho-Oh with Tailwind
CM Arceus Ghost
Swords Dance Arceus Ghost
Mixed Zekrom
Specs White Kyurem

Biggest threats:

Double Dancer Groudon
Bulk Up Dialga
Dialga's Smashpass set

Wallceus.
Back to top Go down
Black Panda
Meowth Tier
Meowth Tier

Rep : 2

Kabutops Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kabutops   Kabutops EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 10:51 pm

every time you make an ubers team i learn more about the tier XD
Back to top Go down
Invalid
Zygarde Tier
Zygarde Tier
Invalid

Rep : 77

Kabutops Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kabutops   Kabutops EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 11:02 pm

Cute arrow
Back to top Go down
Cake Is Lie
Creative
Creative
Cake Is Lie

Rep : -3

Kabutops Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kabutops   Kabutops EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 9:44 am

Hi! I want to make a couple of changes on Genesect. Firstly, Explosion's power is not very impressive after the huge power nerf this generation, even after a boost. Thunder is a much better choice, as it rounds off the coverage with Ice Beam. This should be more consistent, as Explosion is really not that great without STAB this generation. I would also suggest mixing the Physical and Special EVs to hit the right targets (I will need to run calcs to get specific numbers). I am going to come back later for more rate, as you lack the free turns to set up.

As for Kabutops. Since you have an obvious Terrakion weakness, I would switch Kabutops' Adamant Nature to a Jolly nature. This will allow our fossil friend to outrun Jolly Scarf Terrakion.

And on Rayquaza, Extremespeed > Dragon Dance, as Rayquaza has difficulty setting up, despite the promising power. Also, switch its Nature from Rash to Hasty Nature, and change your spread to 32/252/220; this allows you to outrun the standard Gliscor, which can be very annoying. Also, Rayquaza can still attempt OHKOing Groudon with Draco Meteor after Stealth Rock.

These are just nitpicks, and I hope you do a good job. I would recommend the Smogon team for a further rate, as your team possesses a vast amount of weaknesses (#ratemyteam, be sure you tell them that there is no Team Preview). I wish you luck.
Back to top Go down
kingtrace
Tesla
Tesla
kingtrace

Rep : 28

Kabutops Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kabutops   Kabutops EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 6:40 pm

Hi! I'd like to inform you that Kratos has never played Gen 5, and thereforth probably is completely aware of the nerf. Also, on this clearly physical set, Explosion does exactly what he listed it to do, and well enough that I can see why he'd do it. He's taking down typical genesect checks with it. And mixing the evs would make it terrible all around, in that case you should just go special.

And I ain't one of them fancy smogonite, but I'm pretty sure his Terrakion weakness is covered by the fucking Acreus-Ghost. Scarfed stone edge won't do enough damage, and Banded is outsped.

The reason that mixed Dragon Dance Rayquaza looks appealing is because it is. With one turn of setup it can rip through unprepared teams very easily. Maybe switching fire blast for v-create would be better, but I don't really know about that.

These are just my little nitpicks, and I have no idea where you get your air of superiority from. Smogon, I assume, since you reference it in sig and in almost every post. You have no idea about practical pokemon battling, you seem to be copy pasting your ideas with checking if they even apply. Please go back to the good team on Smogon, or start learning how to contribute yourself, thanks.
Back to top Go down
Kratos
Creative
Creative
Kratos

Rep : 1

Kabutops Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kabutops   Kabutops EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 4:48 am

Hi, to the Smogon dude, I got to #1 on both Showdown's and PO's uber ladder with this team, The team was based around Kabutops destroying everything after 1 layer of Spikes and Stealth Rock. Special Genesect in Ubers doesn't do anything Physical scarf with Ice Beam is way better since you kill Mewtwo with U-turn after Spikes and Stealth Rock. Explosion helps me take it's main counter in the tier: Ho-Oh.. My terrakion Weakness is not that huge since Terrakion cannot KO Genesect,Kabutops while locked into Stone Edge and cannot KO Rayquaza and Arceus when locked into Close Combat, it is basically setup fodder. Kingtrace, DD + V-Create doesn't really work :[

I replied to this 2 weeks later Truck. Hope everything is alright guys :]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kabutops Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kabutops   Kabutops Empty

Back to top Go down

Kabutops
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Breakdown :: Pokemon Discussion :: Rate My Team-
Jump to: