Breakdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesYoutubeRegisterLog in

Photobucket
Pokemon Showdown!
Support Breakdown by clicking below

Next-Gen Changes

Go down 
+3
steel dragons
Frost
Invalid
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
diogofrp
Alphabet Soup Tier
Alphabet Soup Tier
diogofrp

Rep : 4

Next-Gen Changes - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Changes   Next-Gen Changes - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 7:04 am

Dafuq did i just read.
Back to top Go down
Invalid
Zygarde Tier
Zygarde Tier
Invalid

Rep : 77

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Changes   Next-Gen Changes - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 12:38 am

Spoiler:

I'm super psyched that this works, big thanks to Orivexes for his help. Hopefully this leads to more similar abilities.

What it does: Jedi Mind Trick (working name) is an ability that makes your pokemon immediately swap items with the opponent when it's sent in (trick basically). It doesn't work on Suppression Orb and it activates whenever intimidate would activate. so if you switch and they switch in the same turn, the Pokemon that's out when Medicham is out will receive the item.

Utility: Slap a scarf on Medicham and now you suddenly have the ultimate answer to every setup move including Substitute. This ability doesn't go through substitute but it will activate before they have a chance to make their substitute. You can also give it any other hindering item, Flame Orb, Iron Ball, Lagging Tail, etc. Actually an ability like this makes even Ring Target viable.

This ability doesn't absolutely have to be for Medicham, but Medicham is a great candidate. Next gen has done practically nothing for fighting types or psychic types so far, and this will give Medicham a new completely support role as opposed to it's typical job with Pure Power.
Back to top Go down
diogofrp
Alphabet Soup Tier
Alphabet Soup Tier
diogofrp

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Changes   Next-Gen Changes - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 1:29 pm

Seriously people, help me out, what is this?:/
Back to top Go down
kingtrace
Tesla
Tesla
kingtrace

Rep : 28

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Changes   Next-Gen Changes - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 7:54 pm

Next Gen is our currently in development "BW2 +" tier. It will add new abilities, typings, items, stats, and mechanics to the current metagame.

Basically it's a pet project for fun. We intend to have it playable at some time in the future. If you want to make a suggestion, feel free, but note that we're trying to have a playable tier in here. Please keep it reasonable and don't be offended if you get denied.
Back to top Go down
diogofrp
Alphabet Soup Tier
Alphabet Soup Tier
diogofrp

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Changes   Next-Gen Changes - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 10:01 am

I see, that's cool
Back to top Go down
Invalid
Zygarde Tier
Zygarde Tier
Invalid

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Changes   Next-Gen Changes - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 10:41 pm

Under Consideration:

Curse Hitmonlee/Sceptile

An Unlock Orb that would let certain pokemon use all their abilities. (would just be a little hard coding for each pokemon idk how numbuh does it.) This would be for Pokemon that actually benefit from having more than one of their abilities at once, like Landorus or Conkeldurr, but something Creative or lower.

Air Balloon to be unpoppable, but only work on Pokemon that weigh less than 100 kg.

Roost to heal only 33% if the user isn't immune to ground moves.

Back to top Go down
Invalid
Zygarde Tier
Zygarde Tier
Invalid

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Changes   Next-Gen Changes - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 12:55 am

Maybe we could make an item that has the effect of download and is then used up, it would be primarily useful to unburden users, none of which are Standard.

Also some Pokemon that unlock orb would be somewhat good for. Mienshao, Venomoth, Sigilyph, Porygon-Z, Aggron, Yanmega, Tauros, and Hariyama. I think for the item to actually be useful it would have to double up the ability the Pokemon already has.
Back to top Go down
steel dragons
Arceus Tier
Arceus Tier
steel dragons

Rep : 32

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Changes   Next-Gen Changes - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 3:57 am

Suggestions:

Make a item that enables the Pokemon that holds the item to directly copy the opposing Pokemon's ability, while ignoring the Pokemon's own ability. For example, if Spiritomb was holding the item and Spiritomb switched into battle while a Shedinja was out, then Spiritomb would get Wonder Guard and ignore its own ability, Pressure. I believe that this item should only work directly when the Pokemon with the item switches into battle, and that it shouldn't change the Pokemon's ability if the opponent switches the opposing Pokemon for something else (referring to the first example, if Shedinja switched out to Sceptile, then Spiritomb would not lose Wonder Guard)

Also (if we haven't already), mke something like a 'speed orb', which works just like life orb, except that it gives a 1.5x boost to the Pokemon's speed (possibly less if 1.5x is too much)

You should also change the cell battery function slightly, so that it gives an immunity to electric moves before being consumed (as opposed to just raising attack)

Also, you should give Rotom-Fan the ability Lightningrod instead of Levitate.

Quote :
An Unlock Orb that would let certain pokemon use all their abilities. (would just be a little hard coding for each pokemon idk how numbuh does it.) This would be for Pokemon that actually benefit from having more than one of their abilities at once, like Landorus or Conkeldurr, but something Creative or lower

How would the unlock orb work anyway, and what if that Pokemon has three possible abilities? I just think that it would get too tricky to figure out, and I don't think that there would even be an item like that in the next generation of Pokemon anyway.

Quote :
Curse Hitmonlee/Sceptile

Why have those moves in particular? Is it because of White Herb + Unburden?
Back to top Go down
Invalid
Zygarde Tier
Zygarde Tier
Invalid

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Changes   Next-Gen Changes - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 2:53 pm

The goal here is to help low tiered Pokemon, Speed Orb doesn't really do that and is just a sweeping change to the metagame. Cell Battery and Absorb Bulb are likely going to be changed to signature items. One turn of type immunity still isn't enough to make them useful. The Trace Orb seems cool, but it's too good, Suppression Orb becomes completely useless when you can just run Trace Orb. Since Trace Orb is clearly intended to help Spiritomb, we'd be much better off just giving Spirtomb a new ability, and Trace would be fine, but We've already done everything for ghosts, so Spiritomb will have to wait until post release at the minimum.

and yes, it's because of White Herb Unburden. And it will be going to Hitmonlee.
Back to top Go down
Invalid
Zygarde Tier
Zygarde Tier
Invalid

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Changes   Next-Gen Changes - Page 2 EmptyThu May 30, 2013 11:17 pm

Newest Changes:
Poison:
Weezing is now Poison Dark and has 10 higher HP
Drapion now has Adaptability and 10 higher Atk
Scolipede now has Wonder Skin and Dragon Dance

Electric:
Electivire now has Niflheim

Reckless is now a 1.3x boost, and negates recoil (not crash damage)

Rock Head now adds a 1.3x boost to Rock moves, in addition to already removing recoil.
Back to top Go down
Invalid
Zygarde Tier
Zygarde Tier
Invalid

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Changes   Next-Gen Changes - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 3:49 pm

Unown, as of yet uncoded.

We would like to raise its bst to 600 to make it like an alternate form which counts as a legendary (yeah yeah flavor w/e). Also we want to give it Judgment, Weather Ball, Natural Gift, and turn Stored Power into a second hidden power for Unown that's type depends on Unown's letter. The extra 11 types will have Psyshock's switch hitter thing. Also we want to give it Harvest. We also plan to increase the Base Power of Synchronoise to 210, but not give it to Unown.

If this is implemented, Psychic won't be getting anything else for the initial release.
Back to top Go down
SupahGassy
Inspired
Inspired
SupahGassy

Rep : 1

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Changes   Next-Gen Changes - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 2:18 am

If i may make a suggestion....

Remember in 4th gen and 3rd gen when Fog was a weather in the game but you could never actually start the Fog weather with a pokemon or ability.... Now as you know the effects of Fog are:
-Lower accuracy for all pokemon in the fog.
-Doubles the power of weather ball, Castform stays in its regular form.
-Moonlight, Morning Sun and Synthesis recover 1/4th hp.

To be honest i believe we should make a Fog inducing ability, and a Fog inducing move, while also changing Defog to get rid of Fog weather AND hazards on your side of the field (like a rapid spin but better) But some changes to the weather....
-Acc on pokemon is lowered 10%, except for Dark,Ghost or Flying type pokemon or any pokemon with the ability Forecast, Cloud Nine, Air Lock or the Fog Inducing ability.

any other ideas ill think on for now, but its just a good idea for a weather or maybe completely useless idk... we can work with it....

Also:
>Make a type immune to dragon...thats not fairy...
>Wheres the Charizard love?
>Evolutions for pokemon that really need them?! (i'm looking at you Farfetch'd)
>idk..

Yeah just throwing out ideas for now...
Back to top Go down
Frost
Sableye Tier
Sableye Tier
Frost

Rep : 50

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Changes   Next-Gen Changes - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 3:15 am

Evolutions are impossible. We can't create new pokemon or new sprites. We literally just can't. All we are able to do is write over already existing things.

New types pretty much fall under the same jurisdiction. I myself don't know how possible it is to make a new type, but I am going to assume that it's beyond what we're capable of. Even if we somehow could do it, we can't make new moves or pokemon, so it would be pointless.

Basically, teambuilder is very limiting. There are very few "new" things we can create. And even most new things, like abilities, that we have made use pre-existing frameworks as a base.

As for Defog we're already using that for something. It's not quite done due to technical issues, hence the reason it's not posted here, but it's already been changed to do something else.
Back to top Go down
Frost
Sableye Tier
Sableye Tier
Frost

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Changes   Next-Gen Changes - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 3:34 am

As for my opinions on everything else you suggested:

While I like the sound of a Fog weather, the whole evasion clause thing is a problem. Also while I love them, and I get why you decided this, Ghosts really don't need any more help right now. Maybe we could make Fog do something else? I realize accuracy does make the most sense, but why bother with something that violates evasion clause anyway? It exists for a reason: evasion/accuracy are only cheap and annoying to deal with.

Honestly Charizard may end up fine in the long run. After Solar Power, the only thing really holding it back was stealth rocks and those have been nerfed to not take half its health away already. I dunno, I can't really say whether or not it needs anything. On one hand its stats suck, but with Solar Power and the Stealth Rock thing resolved I think it could run a good scarf set, maybe.
Back to top Go down
Invalid
Zygarde Tier
Zygarde Tier
Invalid

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Changes   Next-Gen Changes - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 3:34 pm

I can either drop next gen, or publish it as is, we have like a month and a half before gen 6 is out and I'm not motivated to work on it. If we do release it, it will probably be a motivating factor, and balance will be easier because we'll have playtesters. If we don't, then we can acknowledge this mod as a precursor to Breakdown CAP that was never published, I'll leave it up to the people who can see this section to decide.
Back to top Go down
diogofrp
Alphabet Soup Tier
Alphabet Soup Tier
diogofrp

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Changes   Next-Gen Changes - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 5:29 pm

I'd like to see it enabled to see what it's like
Back to top Go down
SupahGassy
Inspired
Inspired
SupahGassy

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Changes   Next-Gen Changes - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 12:03 am

I say publish it for now and we'll see how it plays out.
Back to top Go down
SupahGassy
Inspired
Inspired
SupahGassy

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Changes   Next-Gen Changes - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 3:48 pm

Just some ability suggestions....

Demeanor- Lowers Opponent's Special Attack by One Stage. (like a special intimidate)
Beknight- This pokemon is immune to Dragon type attacks.
Terrify- The opponent can not attack when this pokemon switches in.
Reverse- This pokemon switches stat changes with the opponent when it switches in. (hence if you got set up on and the opponent has +6 and this pokemon comes in, they switch stat changes)

Abilities that should change:
Leaf Guard- This pokemon cannot be burned, poisoned, etc while Sun is present.
Normalize- All moves used by this pokemon and the foe are now Normal-type

Just some suggestions. I've always thought Normalize could have so much potential as an ability but Delcatty having it only makes it suck and turning all the moves to normal type but not the opponents now is annoying. Also Leaf Guard should prevent Leafeon being statused in sun, or be like a Sun Hydration ability. like vaporeon has. you know? I mean these are just suggestions.
Back to top Go down
Frost
Sableye Tier
Sableye Tier
Frost

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Changes   Next-Gen Changes - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 8:44 pm

I'm not a fan of Beknight on principle. I think abilities that deliberately target and sabotage a type are stupid and pointless (I'm look at you, Scrappy.) Also Fairy is coming out in literally 49 days. You can wait.

Terrify and Reverse both sound very broken to me, especially the latter. Reverse would have to be on something pretty terrible for me to be ok with it, and personally I just don't like Terrify existing.

I agree that Leaf Guard and Normalize should be changed somehow as well.
Back to top Go down
SupahGassy
Inspired
Inspired
SupahGassy

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Changes   Next-Gen Changes - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 9:53 pm

Honestly if something like spinda got reverse I think wed bbe ok or at least make it like psych up and copy the fooes stat changes, you know?

Example:
Switch Reverse to Psychedelic.

Psychedelic- The pokemon copies the foes stat changes when it switches in.

It would be a lot more balanced than Reverse because the opponent still has its stat boost but your pokemon copies them like Psych Up does. I think it could be useful to help stop some Hyper Offense in this metagame.

Demeanor on the other hand is an ability i think the fanbase has cried for for awhile because seeing Intimidate being such a good ability vs physical attackers there should be a copy of it for special attackers.

Leaf Guard should be like Hydration for Sun. The pokemon heals itself of any status ailments in the Sun. It would give Leafeon somewhat of a chance. Same with Tangrowth and Jumpluff perhaps.

I also feel Healer can be updated somewhat as well. Maybe it can randomly heal a teammates status or hp by 25%? idk.

Last edited by SupahGassy on Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Invalid
Zygarde Tier
Zygarde Tier
Invalid

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Changes   Next-Gen Changes - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 10:12 pm

If it copies, it will be weak, if it steals it will be OP. In general this ability doesn't need to exist because ditto does. We usually don't make an ability then try to find a Pokemon it will be good on btw, we have, but we don't like to. We prefer to pick a Pokemon in need and figure out what to do with it.
Back to top Go down
diogofrp
Alphabet Soup Tier
Alphabet Soup Tier
diogofrp

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Changes   Next-Gen Changes - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 4:19 pm

Gassy, what you want should be an ability that RESETS stat changes. Like Clear Smog's effect. That would be better.
Back to top Go down
SupahGassy
Inspired
Inspired
SupahGassy

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Changes   Next-Gen Changes - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 5:22 pm

That'd be a lot better actually... maybe we could change clear body to do that actually?
Back to top Go down
Frost
Sableye Tier
Sableye Tier
Frost

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Changes   Next-Gen Changes - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 5:43 pm

Not Clear body. Metagross does not need or deserve anything that useful. Remember that this is a project intended largely to help worse off Pokemon. We could probably just make a new one entirely and give it to some things. Besides, Clear Body isn't a useless ability. Writing over it would be a waste when abilities are things we can actually create.
Back to top Go down
kingtrace
Tesla
Tesla
kingtrace

Rep : 28

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Changes   Next-Gen Changes - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 5:48 pm

Alright, time to get some shit sorted out.

de·mean·or
/diˈmēnər/
noun
noun: demeanour; plural noun: demeanours; noun: demeanor; plural noun: demeanors
outward behavior or bearing.
"a quiet, somber demeanor"

As you can see, Gassy just picked a word that sounded good to him without bothering to even figure out what it means. Obviously, if we do implement this ability, it will be named something that actually makes sense, and not "behavior".

Secondly, we had already thought of this ability before, this is not news.

As for reset stat changes, I have good news for you all. That ability is all ready to go, and in fact, it's so good we're putting it in all of Breakdown's tiers. From now on, Bibarel and Quagsire will have this new ability, and we'll call it "Unaware."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Changes   Next-Gen Changes - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Next-Gen Changes
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Breakdown :: Community :: General Discussion-
Jump to: