Breakdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesYoutubeRegisterLog in

Photobucket
Pokemon Showdown!
Support Breakdown by clicking below

[Gen 5][4Drag2Mag][Offensive] Ceci N'est Pase Une Tournament Team

Go down 
3 posters

How useful was this article? Please vote only if you used this as a learning tool.
[Gen 5][4Drag2Mag][Offensive] Ceci N'est Pase Une Tournament Team I_vote_lcap0%[Gen 5][4Drag2Mag][Offensive] Ceci N'est Pase Une Tournament Team I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
[Gen 5][4Drag2Mag][Offensive] Ceci N'est Pase Une Tournament Team I_vote_lcap0%[Gen 5][4Drag2Mag][Offensive] Ceci N'est Pase Une Tournament Team I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 0

AuthorMessage
Invalid
Zygarde Tier
Zygarde Tier
Invalid

Rep : 77

[Gen 5][4Drag2Mag][Offensive] Ceci N'est Pase Une Tournament Team Empty
PostSubject: [Gen 5][4Drag2Mag][Offensive] Ceci N'est Pase Une Tournament Team   [Gen 5][4Drag2Mag][Offensive] Ceci N'est Pase Une Tournament Team EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 4:55 pm

Ceci N'est Pase Une Tournament Team
Do not use this shit in Gen 6. You will get wrecked by Furry Type.
This team is designed for fast laddering1. Battles with this team tend to last 25 turns or less. Testing has shown that this team is simple to learn how to use. I've given it to my friends who have all picked up on it pretty easily. Now let's get to the actual team.

[Gen 5][4Drag2Mag][Offensive] Ceci N'est Pase Une Tournament Team 612
Ceci (Haxorus) (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Superpower
- Earthquake
- X-Scissor

With Choice Band2, an Adamant nature and 252 attack EVs Haxorus reaches 648 Attack. With STAB3 Outrage effectively has 180 Base Power. The Damage Power4 of a Haxorus Outrage is 116,640. While that number doesn't explain too much, just understand that it means Outrage hits like a truck. On the first turn Haxorus should almost always be using Outrage unless the opponent is a Ferrothorn or Bronzong, in which case, consider using Superpower or Earthquake5. Once you choose Outrage you'll be trapped in for 2-3 turns, typically that would give your opponent a chance to set up, but in Haxorus's case it will be doing so much damage, setting up won't be an option. Haxorus's job is wall breaker, it two hit KO's physical walls with physical moves, Hippowdon be damned6.

[Gen 5][4Drag2Mag][Offensive] Ceci N'est Pase Une Tournament Team 381
N'est (Latios) (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Surf

Latios is the special and faster version of Haxorus. With Choice Specs, a Timid nature, and 252 Special Attack EVs Latios reaches 538 Special Attack. With STAB Draco Meteor effectively has 210 base power. The Damage Power of a Latios Draco Meteor is 112,890, which means it hits like whatever the special version of a truck is. Psyshock7 is a secondary STAB move that can reliable kill Calm Mind8 Keldeo and unboosted9 Conkeldurr, while decent damage to Chansey and Blissey.  Thunderbolt is a great way to deal with Gyarados in one hit, and a reliable way to deal more than 60% damage to a Recover10 spamming Jellicent. Surf is an additional coverage move, it's a reliable way to kill fire, rock, and ground types when you specifically don't want to pick Draco Meteor. Make sure to switch out after the first Draco Meteor when necessary because it will only be half as powerful after the first time you use it.

[Gen 5][4Drag2Mag][Offensive] Ceci N'est Pase Une Tournament Team 373
Pas (Salamence) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Fire Fang
- Earthquake
- Aqua Tail

Salamence is a sweeper11 and revenge killer12. Its job is to kill off a weakened opponent with outrage, once it does that it will get an attack boost and be able to do huge damage to the next thing, if it kills that it will have +2 attack and be able to kill almost anything that's still alive at the time you bring it in, be warned confusion will set in at the end of the second or third turn. It's advised that you switch out once you get confused unless you absolutely can't. Fire Fang and Earthquake are revenge kill moves, they aren't intended to sweep, but they can kill plenty of things. Aqua Tail used to be for revenge killing Excadrill but now its powerful set is banned, so Aqua Tail is mostly a remnant with some rare uses.

[Gen 5][4Drag2Mag][Offensive] Ceci N'est Pase Une Tournament Team 149
Une (Dragonite) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- ExtremeSpeed
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Waterfall

Multiscale13 Dragonite has been up for vote to be banned a few times, and at the time of this post, it's currently being voted on. This Dragonite can live almost any hit other than STAB Ice, and hit back with an Outrage almost as powerful as Haxorus's. After Multiscale is broken Extreme Speed is still a great way to revenge kill. Fire Punch is there for Ferrothrorns which are actually a huge issue for this team. Waterfall was originally for Excadrill and may be replaceable, having fire and water coverage still tends to help Dragonite against opposing Sun14 and Rain teams.

[Gen 5][4Drag2Mag][Offensive] Ceci N'est Pase Une Tournament Team 082
Tour (Magneton) @ Leftovers
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 80 HP / 164 Def / 12 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Thunder Wave
- Substitute
- Charge Beam
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Magneton is a troll, it's job is to come in on a steel type that can't hurt it15, set up a Substitute16 to protect it from Leech Seed or other status moves, then paralyze the opponent and use Charge Beam17 each turn you have a Substitute up, and set up a new Substitute when the old one breaks. Once Magneton has +6 special attack it's ready to do some damage, kill the set up fodder with your Substitute intact. Electric ice coverage insures that the next thing to come in will usually take neutral or better damage, which means it will almost always be One hit KO'd. some opponents will only have one Pokemon faster than Magneton that threatens it, which means it will actually be able to sweep their whole team. While Magneton is considered a gimmick, it's invaluable to this team thanks to its ability to take out pesky steel types18.

[Gen 5][4Drag2Mag][Offensive] Ceci N'est Pase Une Tournament Team 462
Team (Magnezone) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon

Magnezone is the quick and easy solution for most steel types when Magneton isn't able to set up. With Flash Cannon it's also an effective check for Weavile and Mamoswine which give the team trouble. Thunderbolt is mainly used for Skarmory, keep in mind it will only do 99% thanks to Skarmory's ability Sturdy, so at least Skarmory will be able to get a layer of a hazard19 up against you.

Alternate Options:

Surf on Latios can be replaced with Ice Beam, Bolt/Beam or ice electric coverage is one of the most reliable combinations for neutral coverage. Magneton can be replaced outright with Bronzong, Bronzong makes up for its inability to get rid of other steel types by its ability to set up Stealth Rock and its better ability to wall opposing dragons. Be sure to give Bronzong 2 Speed IVs so it will have low speed and ice type Hidden Power.

[Gen 5][4Drag2Mag][Offensive] Ceci N'est Pase Une Tournament Team 437@ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Atk / 80 Def / 92 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake

Threats:

The biggest threats to this team are Weavile and Mamoswine, Other issues include Skarmory who never fails to set up hazards against it and can tank outrages while it sets up, Ferrothorn that carry Bulldoze and Registeel that carry Earthquake, fortunately the last two aren't very common. There's also a very specific Gliscor that can give this team issues, which will be listed below.

[Gen 5][4Drag2Mag][Offensive] Ceci N'est Pase Une Tournament Team 472@ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 236 HP / 56 Def / 216 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Ice Fang

Importable:
Spoiler:

1 Laddering is the process of clicking find battle on a server repeatedly to get a high ranking
2 Choice Items are any items with names that start with the word "Choice" these items boost one stat by 50% and force you to choose one move to use until you switch out. Band = Attack, Specs = Special Attack, Scarf = Speed.
3 STAB is short for Same Type Attack Bonus, if you use a move of the same type as your Pokemon it will be 50% more powerful.
4 Damage Power = offensive stat x base power
5 Mold Breaker prevents your opponent's ability from hindering your moves, which means Bronzong's Levitate won't protect it from Haxorus's Earthquake
6 Hippowdon can occasionally stand up to Haxorus in a lead match up, and won't fail to set up Stealth Rock otherwise.
7 Some moves are powered by a Pokemon's attack and some are powered by the Pokemon's special attack. Moves that are powered by Attack are refereed to as physical moves. Moves that are powered by special attack are referred to as special moves. Typically a physical move's damage depends on the target's defense and a special move's power depends on the target's special defense. Psyshock is a special exception, it's a special move that's damage is determined by the target's defense. The only other moves like this are Psystrike and Secret Sword.
8 Calm Mind raises special attack and special defense, using moves that boost in this way is called setting up. Since Psyshock uses defense, it can kill Keldeo no matter how many calm minds it sets up.
9 Boosting is another word for setting up, items can also be considered boosts.
10 Recover restores 50% of the user's HP, if Latios used Draco Meteor it will do a little over 60% which Jellicent will Recover back, the next Draco Meteors will be too weak to threaten it without a critical hit.
11 A sweeper is a Pokemon that is intended to kill several Pokemon in a row once it's sent in.
12 A revenge killer is a Pokemon intended to finish off a weakened opponent, often right after a Pokemon of your own dies.
13 Multiscale reduces all damage done to the user by 50% when the user has 100% HP, when the user's health is not full it has no effect.
14 Weather is a common strategy. The four weathers are Sun, Rain, Sandstorm, and Hail. Sun boosts the power of fire moves. Rain boosts the power of water moves. Sandstorm does damage to all Pokemon but steel, ground, and rock types, and boosts the special defense of rock types by 50%. Hail does damage to all but ice types every turn.
15 The main Pokemon Magneton is able to set up on are Ferrothorn, and Scizor which have been locked into Bullet Punch.
16 Substitute takes away 25% of your health and creates a dummy to take your hits. While substitute is up your opponent won't be able to deal any damage to you or use status moves on you, other than Whirlwind, Roar, and Perish Song.
17 Charge Beam has a 45% effective chance to raise your special attack by 1 stage each time you use it.
18 Magnet Pull prevents opposing steel types from switching out.
19 Hazards are the moves Stealth Rock, Spikes, and Toxic Spikes. Stealth Rock deals 12.5% base damage to opponents that switch in, it's damage is modified by the Pokemon's weakness or resistance to rock type, you can have at most 1 stealth rock active per side of the field. Spikes deal damage to Pokemon that aren't flying type when they switch in, 1 layer does 12.5%, 2 layers do 18.75%, 3 layers do 25%, you can have at most 3 layers of spikes up per side of the field. Toxic Spikes affect Pokemon which aren't steel or flying type, 1 layer regularly poisons, 2 layers badly poison, you can have at most 2 layers of Toxic Spikes. Skarmory is able to learn Stealth Rock and Spikes.

Last edited by Invalid on Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:23 pm; edited 11 times in total
Back to top Go down
steel dragons
Arceus Tier
Arceus Tier
steel dragons

Rep : 32

PostSubject: Re: [Gen 5][4Drag2Mag][Offensive] Ceci N'est Pase Une Tournament Team   [Gen 5][4Drag2Mag][Offensive] Ceci N'est Pase Une Tournament Team EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 6:24 pm

This is a nice, simple team. The only things that I would change is that I would give Haxorus Dragon Claw instead of Facade and give Salamence Dragon Claw instead of Fire Fang. It is good sometimes to have a Dragon move thats not Outrage, as Outrage locks your Pokemon in battle (keeps it from being switched out) for two to three turns. Also, its not likely that you would be using Facade or Fire Fang that much anyway. (for example, Outrage always has more power than a boosted Facade, and Fire Fang is just a weak move in general).
Back to top Go down
Invalid
Zygarde Tier
Zygarde Tier
Invalid

Rep : 77

PostSubject: Re: [Gen 5][4Drag2Mag][Offensive] Ceci N'est Pase Une Tournament Team   [Gen 5][4Drag2Mag][Offensive] Ceci N'est Pase Une Tournament Team EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 6:40 pm

Facade is crap, I agree, I put it on a long time ago because I thought it overrode the attack drop of being burned, I'll be switching it with X-Scissor though. By the way, this really isn't a rate my team. I already know it works and it's just here for people to learn from.
Back to top Go down
kingtrace
Tesla
Tesla
kingtrace

Rep : 28

PostSubject: Re: [Gen 5][4Drag2Mag][Offensive] Ceci N'est Pase Une Tournament Team   [Gen 5][4Drag2Mag][Offensive] Ceci N'est Pase Une Tournament Team EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 3:45 pm

Your importable for Mence has Intimidate, js. XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Gen 5][4Drag2Mag][Offensive] Ceci N'est Pase Une Tournament Team   [Gen 5][4Drag2Mag][Offensive] Ceci N'est Pase Une Tournament Team Empty

Back to top Go down

[Gen 5][4Drag2Mag][Offensive] Ceci N'est Pase Une Tournament Team
Page 1 of 1