Breakdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesYoutubeRegisterLog in

Photobucket
Pokemon Showdown!
Support Breakdown by clicking below

Team Alpha Storm

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
xXxTessaxXx
Standard
Standard
xXxTessaxXx

Rep : 0

Team Alpha Storm Empty
PostSubject: Team Alpha Storm   Team Alpha Storm EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 1:45 am

Team Alpha Storm (5th Gen DW OU)

At A Glance

Team Alpha Storm 302 Team Alpha Storm 485Team Alpha Storm 251Team Alpha Storm 479-wTeam Alpha Storm 212Team Alpha Storm 593

Team Building Process

Team Alpha Storm 302
Sableye @ Leftovers Prankster
252 Hp/4Def/252SpD
Careful
Moveset:
Will-o-Wisp
Taunt
Recover
Night Shade

I picked Sableye mainly because it is one of the few poke's who were blessed in getting the new ability Prankster. It's purpose is to taunt other leads and status bulkier poke's. This Sableye set has stalled newbish teams all by its lonesome, and has even given veteran's some trouble. This EV spread gives maximum bulk with Will-o-wisp. Leftovers are leftovers. Recovery is recovery.

Team Alpha Storm 485
Heatran @ Air Balloon Flash Fire
252Hp/4Def/252SpD
Calm
Moveset:
Stealth Rocks
Roar
Protect
Lava Plume

I picked Heatran because it is an amazing Stealth Rocker and phazer because of its many resistances. It is mainly used to sponge Draco Meteors because of his amazing Special Bulk. Lava plume is there for its high burn rate. Protect is to scout. The EV spread is for max bulk with high burn chance from lava plume. Air Balloon is to protect me from my disgusting 4x ground weakness.

Team Alpha Storm 251
Celebi @ Leftovers Natural Cure
252Hp/252Def/4SpD
Bold
Moveset:
Giga Drain
HP Fire
Earth Power
Calm Mind

I picked Celebi mainly because it pairs extremely well with Heatan and can find many opportunities to set up. It is also a great voltturn couter because it resists Volt switch and it can kill scizor with hp fire. The EV spread is for max bulk when boosting with calm mind.

Team Alpha Storm 479-w
Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf Levitate
4Hp/252Satk/252Spd
Modest
Moveset:
Volt Switch
Hydro Pump
HP Fire
Trick

I picked Rotom-W because it's just amazing. It's fast, powerful, and can cripple wall's like Chansey. What else could you ask for? This thing has helped me out soooooo much, it often ends up taking out 3-4 weakened poke's per match. The EV's are for power and speed... duh...

Team Alpha Storm 212
Scizor @ Choice Band Technician
252Hp/248Atk/8SpD
Adamant
U-turn
Bullet Punch
Pursuit
Superpower

I picked Scizor because it wrecks absolutely everything and pairs well with Rotom-W effectively finishing the Voltturn Combo. It takes out Tyranitar and Terrakion just to name a few, simply because of its superpowered attacks. Scizor is amazing. This set is for some bulk while still dealing HUGE amounts of damage.

Team Alpha Storm 593
Jellicent @ Leftovers Water Absorb
252Hp/216Def/44Spd
Bold
Will-o-Wisp
Taunt
Recover
Surf

I picked Jellicent because of its walling capabilities and its excelent typing. Jellicent finishes my 3 man core of Heatran, Celebi, and Jellicent.
It walls Keldo (without HP electric) like there's no tomorrow.

Spoiler:

Last edited by xXxTessaxXx on Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:02 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
SkyKingLan
Standard
Standard
SkyKingLan

Team Alpha Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Alpha Storm   Team Alpha Storm EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 1:59 am

its a good team,but you need the right tactic to pull it off
Back to top Go down
SkyKingLan
Standard
Standard
SkyKingLan

Team Alpha Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Alpha Storm   Team Alpha Storm EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 1:59 am

oh sorry,5 out of 5
Back to top Go down
Sweetie Luv
Standard
Standard
Sweetie Luv

Team Alpha Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Alpha Storm   Team Alpha Storm EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 10:46 am

there's an edit button for a reason....
q_q
Back to top Go down
Freak-Pokemon
Standard
Standard
Freak-Pokemon

Team Alpha Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Alpha Storm   Team Alpha Storm EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 10:34 pm

God, I hate looking at teams like this :c

Look dude, you should explain your Team Proccess and Team Battle-Style to the audience. For example, tell me what you centered the team around, why you added a certain pokemon, ect.

I am not going to rate this team because

1.) Above
2.) Lazy ><

If you update with Battle Style and Team Process, I will come back and rate your team!
Back to top Go down
steel dragons
Arceus Tier
Arceus Tier
steel dragons

Rep : 32

Team Alpha Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Alpha Storm   Team Alpha Storm EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 11:05 am

Ok, for my rate:

I'll start with the individual Pokemon:

- Heatran needs to have Leftovers. You have two Ground resistences / immunities, and no other Pokemon is weak to ground moves. Also, Heatran has no other method of recovery, besides of course using Rest, but that isn't recommended. Yeah, air balloon is nice, but it doesn't help this Heatran as much as Leftovers would.

- Rotom-W should probably have HP Ice. It should have it so that it can counter Dragons better, like Dragonite specifically. Also, a neutral, stabbed Hydro Pump does more damage than a super-effective HP Fire, and you have Pokemon that can take on Ferrothorn.

- Jellicent's EVs are slightly off; it should have 248 HP EVs instead of 252.

Now, for the general team:

- This team has trouble with most Dragons, as most of the attacks on this team don't damage the dragons too much. Sure, you have two Steel Pokemon and two Pokemon that can burn the dragons, but not being able to directly damage the Dragons can be costly in some games. I would suggest giving Rotom-W HP Ice, and probably replacing a team member with a Pokemon that can better take on dragons. I would probably replace Jellicent, since to me, it seems the least useful to the team, and kind of redundent along with some of the other Pokemon here. I'm thinking that a Mamoswine could work here, for a few reasons. It is another physical attacker (Scizor being your only other physical attacker), it has an electric immunity, and it has a solid attack stat to pair with a good priority move (Ice Shard).

- At any rate, this team could use another physical attacker, as you only have one physical attacker on this team currently.

This isn't a bad team at all, but it does need a few changes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Team Alpha Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Alpha Storm   Team Alpha Storm Empty

Back to top Go down

Team Alpha Storm
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Breakdown :: Pokemon Discussion :: Rate My Team-
Jump to: