Breakdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesYoutubeRegisterLog in

Photobucket
Pokemon Showdown!
Support Breakdown by clicking below

"Dual Sweeper" Semi-Stall Sand team

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Blade
Standard
Standard
Blade

Rep : 0

"Dual Sweeper" Semi-Stall Sand team Empty
PostSubject: "Dual Sweeper" Semi-Stall Sand team   "Dual Sweeper" Semi-Stall Sand team EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 7:48 pm

"Dual Sweeper" Semi-Stall Sand Team

Hi guys, this is Blade here, and my new team that I am currently testing. This is mean't to be fully competitive, and I hope you guys like it! rendeer clown flower

*At a Glance*

"Dual Sweeper" Semi-Stall Sand team 248"Dual Sweeper" Semi-Stall Sand team 479-w"Dual Sweeper" Semi-Stall Sand team 472"Dual Sweeper" Semi-Stall Sand team 286"Dual Sweeper" Semi-Stall Sand team 485"Dual Sweeper" Semi-Stall Sand team 227

*Import*

Spoiler:

*Closer Look*

"Dual Sweeper" Semi-Stall Sand team 248
Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Pursuit
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast

The lead and first poke of my team is Tyranitar. It is my sand stream poke, and counters other weather teams well. I have a complete special defensive one, and it works very well for me. Pursuit is mostly for the lati twins, and traps them very well. Thunder wave and stealth rocks are moves to cripple switch-ins and speedy problems to my team, such as a switch-in Genesect or scarfed Rotom-W. Fire blast in mostly for incoming steel problems like Skarmory and Genesect.

"Dual Sweeper" Semi-Stall Sand team 479-w
Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Rotom is another good edition to this team. It stops walls to my sweepers, as well as being a good all around poke. I love the pain split variant for many reason. You can catch something like an unsuspecting Gliscor that switched in on volt switch. You can catch a full health wall to rotom like Ferrothorn with pain split and regain most of Rotom's Hp if it is about to die. Hp grass decimates regular walls to rotom like Quagsire and Gastrodon, which, without Breloom, pretty much destroy my team.

"Dual Sweeper" Semi-Stall Sand team 472
Gliscor (M) @ Flight Gem
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Acrobatics
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

Gliscor is one of the 2 main sweepers on my team. If the prediction is right, Gliscor can decimate the popular Volt-turn team that is dominating the OU metagame. With just one substitute, and no walls to Gliscor such as Skarmory, you will be able to pull of a full or mini-sweep, putting a hole in your opponent's team, which can be finished off by the other sweeper(Breloom) or stalled out by my walls(Skarmory, Tyranitar, and Heatran). The moveset should explain itself. You sub, sd, and go from there in most occasions. Gliscor has been working extremely well for me, and as long as my opponent doesn't spam water/ice pokes(Countered by Breloom or Heatran for the most part), Gliscor is amazing.

"Dual Sweeper" Semi-Stall Sand team 286
Breloom (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Spore
- Swords Dance
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed

Breloom is the 2nd sweeper on this team. While a techniloom isn't exactly fitted for sand, it has been working extremel well. Also, it is my best counter for rain, and most of my sweeps take place while rain is up. This is a standard techniloom, so the moves should be self explanitory. This set is walled by a speedy psychic type, but those are mostly taken care of by Tyranitar, which is one reason why Breloom is placed in sand. However, you must not carelessly set up a swords dance, since any damage on Breloom(even sand damage) could be crucial. This set has been working for me, nonetheless.

"Dual Sweeper" Semi-Stall Sand team 485
Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Roar

This Heatran is a filler, and works well as a wall to pokes like Jirachi, though Skarmory would be better. This is a standard dub set, and spams roar with Skarmory well. It is fully special defensive, and carries no hax inducing moves because Lava Plume often scares off physical attackers. Not much else to say, but Heatran has been doing some work.

"Dual Sweeper" Semi-Stall Sand team 227
Skarmory (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Skarmory is a great physical wall, and has been doing well. The hazards and whirlwind spam have been extremely useful, and put a limit to switching on my opponent's team. Also, the rocky helmet cripples dragon types or any physical attacker for the most part. You can take pokes without even attacking. This is a great switch in to stuff like Fake Out. Also, it can stop sweeps cold with the sturdy and whirlwind. Skarmory is a great addition to the team, and works well.

Overall, this team has been working well, but I'm not quite satisfied yet. It can be weak to pokes like Starmie, and doesn't always work in all. There is no spinner, but I can play around it. Overall, I hope you guys like the team, and good luck using it...
Back to top Go down
[LoD]SPS
Meowth Tier
Meowth Tier
[LoD]SPS

PostSubject: Re: "Dual Sweeper" Semi-Stall Sand team   "Dual Sweeper" Semi-Stall Sand team EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 7:54 pm

you may want to run fight gem over life orb on breloom, for the reason that it limits damage you take every turn. Very solid team in general.
Back to top Go down
Blade
Standard
Standard
Blade

PostSubject: Re: "Dual Sweeper" Semi-Stall Sand team   "Dual Sweeper" Semi-Stall Sand team EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 7:56 pm

Thanks man, a clan-mate said to try fight gem too :3
I'll try it some time... clown afro flower king cherry rendeer santa geek jocolor Surprised rabbit pig Face troll :3
Back to top Go down
Blade
Standard
Standard
Blade

PostSubject: Re: "Dual Sweeper" Semi-Stall Sand team   "Dual Sweeper" Semi-Stall Sand team EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 7:57 pm

Thanks man, a clan-mate said to try fight gem too :3
I'll try it some time... clown afro flower king cherry rendeer santa geek jocolor Surprised rabbit pig Face troll :3
Back to top Go down
Blade
Standard
Standard
Blade

PostSubject: Re: "Dual Sweeper" Semi-Stall Sand team   "Dual Sweeper" Semi-Stall Sand team EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 7:57 pm

Meant to be 1 comment...
Back to top Go down
Gap542
Creative
Creative
Gap542

PostSubject: Re: "Dual Sweeper" Semi-Stall Sand team   "Dual Sweeper" Semi-Stall Sand team EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 1:37 pm

Suggest taking off flight gem and acrobats on the gliscor to Ice fang and brightpowder. Ice fang allows you to get rid almost the same as acro but it allows your get rid of these dragons and since you'll be using brightpwder acro wouldn't be that much of a help.Bright powder gives about 20% more evasion plus the sand veil which will be about -40% off the opponent accuracy which is very good to set up sub and SD

I suggest trying T orb and t heal on the loom with another set,LO+sand damage makes that Breloom last 2-3 turns. Tech loom isn't really that strong it does nice damage but not OHKO material.

Everything else seems okay I suposse.
Back to top Go down
Http://Knight-Gaming.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Dual Sweeper" Semi-Stall Sand team   "Dual Sweeper" Semi-Stall Sand team Empty

Back to top Go down

"Dual Sweeper" Semi-Stall Sand team
Page 1 of 1