Breakdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesYoutubeRegisterLog in

Photobucket
Pokemon Showdown!
Support Breakdown by clicking below

Tier Changing Nominations May 2012

Go down 
+7
SupahGassy
Yarxn
GarythePimp
kingtrace
steel dragons
Gap542
Frost
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Frost
Sableye Tier
Sableye Tier
Frost

Rep : 50

Tier Changing Nominations May 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Tier Changing Nominations May 2012   Tier Changing Nominations May 2012 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 5:14 pm

Ok people, if you have a Pokemon that you REALLY want to be in a different tier, post your votes here. These nominations will decide who is going to be voted for. Be sure to specify the change you want made to that particular poke.
Back to top Go down
Gap542
Creative
Creative
Gap542

Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: Tier Changing Nominations May 2012   Tier Changing Nominations May 2012 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 5:23 pm

Azelf - To UU
Sand Hippowdon - UU
Deo-D - to UU
Mamo - -to UU
Porygon Z- to UU
Virizon - to UU
Slowbro to UU
forretress to UU
Metagross-UU

Tornadus to OU
Gengar to OU
Heracross to OU
Jolteo to OU
Jirachi to OU
Genesect to OU

Darkrais to Uber
Back to top Go down
Http://Knight-Gaming.com
Gap542
Creative
Creative
Gap542

PostSubject: Re: Tier Changing Nominations May 2012   Tier Changing Nominations May 2012 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 5:44 pm

Gap542 wrote:
Azelf - To UU(from OU)
Sand Hippowdon - UU(from OU)
Deo-D - to UU(from OU)
Mamo - -to UU(from OU)
Porygon Z- to UU(from OU)
Virizon - to UU(from OU)
Slowbro to UU(from OU)
forretress to UU(from OU)
Metagross-UU(from OU)
Ninetaisl for UU (maybe)(from OU)

Tornadus to OU(from UU)
Gengar to OU(from UU)
Heracross to OU(from UU)
Jolteo to OU(from UU)
Jirachi to OU(from UU)
Genesect to OU(from Ubers)(He's meh)

Darkrais to Uber(From OU TESTING)

Err,Can't see the Edit button for my post.

In the Job of Taunting the opponent's stealth rock and then destroying it Aerodactyl works alot better thn Azelf,If they both go Aerodactyl could just OHKO it with crunch.Aerodactyl has 105 attack and 130 speed which is really good for a hard hitter and good taunt/rocks lead.While azelf stands behind with 115 speed and 125 attks.They both got almost the same Defences Aero: 65 def 75 sp def 80 HP and Azelf 75 hp 70 def 70 sp def.

Hippowdon just induces weather for those weather useres and tank every unboosted physical attack move.But he lacks everything else.Since Abomasnow is in UnderUsed tier with his epic hail. He can't just be there alone owning shit up,He needs competition.That's Hippowdowns Sand Stream.Also the fact that nobody uses Hippo in UU since TTar is better in almost every aspect.

Deo-D is just the General hazard support pokemon who's a really good tank for shit with his inmence defences.Yet He's not good enough to be in OU

Mamoswine,Eeh,He just isnt OU material does nothing.asides hitting Dnite hard and getting OHKOs by Scizors and sht.

Porygon-Z isn't much used in OU.He's just not that good

Virizon was in LU a few months ago at PO and moved recently to UU,Explains much the reason.

Slowbro is in between.He can get outclassed by other pokemons and stuff at OU and all he can do is tank 1 or 2 hits from Terrakion (if not x scissors)

Forretress is just a hazard supporter and a spinner.No offensive stuff super slow easy taunt huge sp def weakness.

Metagross isn't ou material imo and its barely ussed.

Ninetails ehh.It's like the worst weather js.but in the UU tier it can compete in weather wars with Hippo and Abomasnow. Aboma>hippo>=<ninetails>aboma

The UU to OU stuff are just OP shit from UU.
Darkrais can't be OU.
Jirachi not Uber
Dnite is uh... OP for OU but Outclassed at Uber.

Back to top Go down
Http://Knight-Gaming.com
steel dragons
Arceus Tier
Arceus Tier
steel dragons

Rep : 32

PostSubject: Re: Tier Changing Nominations May 2012   Tier Changing Nominations May 2012 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 12:53 am

Ok, my definite votes are for these:

Azelf to UU; it just doesn't go well in OU

Deoxys-D to UU; same as above.

Porygon-Z to UU, it just doesn't have the right tools for OU

Forretress should stay in OU; it is one of the better hazard setters and rapid spinners, plus it has a great defensive typing, and it even gets volt switch.

Tornadus and Gengar should be in OU; as they are simply powerful Pokemon with good speed and good move coverage.

Heracross should stay in UU; the other Fighting Pokemon in OU (Terrakion, Infernape, Conkeldurr) outclass it in most circumstances.

Jolteon to UU; sure, its fast and has decent special attack, but it is defensively frail, and it doesn't have the greatest movepool.

Jirachi should be in OU, as it is a good Pokemon, but not so powerful as to be in Ubers.

Dragonite should be in OU, as while it is powerful, it doesn't have the greatest speed and it can be played around.

For Darkrai, I say that we try it out in OU before banishing it to ubers again. Its not like it has awesome typing or defenses, and its sleep-inducing move Dark Void doesn't even have 100 percent accuracy.

Back to top Go down
kingtrace
Tesla
Tesla
kingtrace

Rep : 28

PostSubject: Re: Tier Changing Nominations May 2012   Tier Changing Nominations May 2012 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 6:29 pm

Azelf - To UU
Sand Hippowdon - UU
Deo-D - to UU
Mamo - -to UU
Porygon Z- to UU
Mienshao to UU

Tornadus to OU
Gengar to OU
Heracross to OU
Jirachi to OU
Dragonite to OU
Hitmonlee to OU

Darkrais to Uber
Back to top Go down
kingtrace
Tesla
Tesla
kingtrace

Rep : 28

PostSubject: Re: Tier Changing Nominations May 2012   Tier Changing Nominations May 2012 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 9:24 pm

I'm a firm opponent to fortress, virizion, and slowbro being moved down, as they are awesome. Moving on, i'd like to remind people before we get in too deep that tiers are NOT decided by a pokemon's viability in Ubers, but rather their opness in OU. If dragonite or genesect is getting raped up in ubers, oh well. We'll still vote, but I'd like this to be kept in mind.
Back to top Go down
GarythePimp
Creative
Creative
GarythePimp

PostSubject: Re: Tier Changing Nominations May 2012   Tier Changing Nominations May 2012 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 9:34 pm

Multiscale Dnite-OU
Contrary Serperior-OU
nuff said
Back to top Go down
Yarxn
Standard
Standard

PostSubject: Dragonite   Tier Changing Nominations May 2012 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 9:48 pm

Multiscale Dragonite-OU

Multiscale only blocks damage when he's at full HP, and most people don't waste a spot for Rest, as it puts him to sleep and leaves him wide-open for attacks.
Plus, Inner Focus is better for stopping flinch spammers such as Jirachi and Mightyena.
Back to top Go down
SupahGassy
Inspired
Inspired
SupahGassy

Rep : 1

PostSubject: Re: Tier Changing Nominations May 2012   Tier Changing Nominations May 2012 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 10:19 pm

you do know that roost can bring you back up to full health if used in the right sense? using a subroost dnite with multiscale is pretty hard to stop and it takes hits even better after a sub and getting back up to full hp. You don't need rest, thats a pretty dumb strategy that would never work.
The sub roost twave dtail set is also quite annoying as it can sub up, take a shit behind sub roost, para everything with twave and dragon tail other than grounds and volt absorb/motor drive pokes, but it can just dragon tail those out again. So overall Multiscale Dragonite should be OU and for very good reasons. Why it would even be in UU is questionable....
Back to top Go down
steel dragons
Arceus Tier
Arceus Tier
steel dragons

PostSubject: Re: Tier Changing Nominations May 2012   Tier Changing Nominations May 2012 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 10:42 am

I'm going to say again that I think that Heracross should be UU. The other fighting Pokemon in OU, like Terrakion, Infernape, Conkeldurr, and Lucario outclass Heracross in most ways.
Back to top Go down
Invalid
Zygarde Tier
Zygarde Tier
Invalid

Rep : 77

PostSubject: Re: Tier Changing Nominations May 2012   Tier Changing Nominations May 2012 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 4:22 am

Porygon-Z to UU
Virizion to UU
Sawsbuck to UU

Tornadus to Standard
Kyurem to Standard
Darkrai to Ubers (as suspect is gets auto nom anyway but w/e)

Now for the counterpoints and evidence that the people here aren't the smartest Sad

Gap542
Him
Me

In the Job of Taunting the opponent's stealth rock and then destroying it Aerodactyl works alot better thn Azelf,If they both go Aerodactyl could just OHKO it with crunch.Aerodactyl has 105 attack and 130 speed which is really good for a hard hitter and good taunt/rocks lead.While azelf stands behind with 115 speed and 125 attks.They both got almost the same Defences Aero: 65 def 75 sp def 80 HP and Azelf 75 hp 70 def 70 sp def.
Although you destroy your own argument by implying that Crunch is a good move to run on aerodactyl I'll continue. This isn't about the matchup between Azelf (who is typically sashed by the way so have fun OHKOing it) and Aerodactyl, if that were the case I could say Zekrom wasn't broken because it get's OHKO'd Landorus. By Naming off stats does not make an argument, it can help you move on to your next point, but it's not the end of an argument, if you're naming it's stats you better have something to say about them that pretains to whether or not it's broken. To sum it up you think it should be UU because something faster than it gets Taunt and Steath Rock, completely disregarding Azelf's other potential which is in no way matched by Aerodactyl, as a sweeper, screener, U-turner, Revenge Killer and Explosion user. The uses I just listed are what I believe make Azelf viable in OU, and too good for UU.

Hippowdon just induces weather for those weather useres and tank every unboosted physical attack move.But he lacks everything else.Since Abomasnow is in UnderUsed tier with his epic hail. He can't just be there alone owning shit up,He needs competition.That's Hippowdowns Sand Stream.Also the fact that nobody uses Hippo in UU since TTar is better in almost every aspect.
Your first sentence is why Hippowdon is Standard. Sentence three, (vomit) since when is Abomasnow Epic? As for your theory that Abomasnow is alone you are forgetting Hippopottas and Vulpix, which are fully viable and not Standard. And let's go ahead and let's not forget hippo has stealth rock, allowing Hippowdon in UU would be insane but not as horrible as what we'll get to in a minute.

Deo-D is just the General hazard support pokemon who's a really good tank for shit with his inmence defences.Yet He's not good enough to be in OU
Yes he is, he gets 4 layers of hazards up easily, unable to be pursuit trapped due to his massive defense, Deoxys D is one of the most reliable hazard supporters, especially considering it's survivability with recover.

Mamoswine,Eeh,He just isnt OU material does nothing.asides hitting Dnite hard and getting OHKOs by Scizors and sht.
This is a fail of a lie of an underhanded argument. Mamoswine is specially designed to take out over half the top 25 by usage, and only fully fails to Skarmory, to say it only handles Dragonite is a joke at best.

Porygon-Z isn't much used in OU.He's just not that good
He's good just scary to try to use, He would be far overpowered in UU, currently the hardest special hitter in UU (kyurem which I also believe is broken) has base 130, 5 below Porygon-Z, and Porygon Z also has two abilities that can make it's special attack even better, Download and Adaptability, I'll only talk about Download for now, Download Specs Porygon Z has 900 Sp attack, does that seem like something that should be running around in UU?

Virizon was in LU a few months ago at PO and moved recently to UU,Explains much the reason.
No it doesn't, you just demonstrated that Virizion is on the Rise, if you're going to make a vote I agree with try to back it up with a good argument or no argument at all. Virizion has great bulk and access to Calm Mind, Calm Mind is it's best option making it a bulky set up pokmeon. I think there are better options in standard for a bulky set up user and that Virizion doesn't get any use because it's overtiered. And also the calm mind set struggles too much with Latios, Tornadus, Latias, Reuniclus, and in my experience using Virizion, the sweeps it can get aren't worth the work it takes to set up.

Slowbro is in between.He can get outclassed by other pokemons and stuff at OU and all he can do is tank 1 or 2 hits from Terrakion (if not x scissors)
No, name one thing that outclasses Slowbro, your arguments are seriously painful to read, you use generalities like 'stuff' to avoid backing up any of your bullshit claims. All slowbro does it tank 1 or 2 hits from Terrakion? how about tanking 1 hit from Terrakion, killing it, and then switching out for regenerator maintaining near perfect health after? Slowbro is way too good for UU, this is just silly/

Forretress is just a hazard supporter and a spinner.No offensive stuff super slow easy taunt huge sp def weakness.
Steel Dragons already gave you my thoughts on that.

Metagross isn't ou material imo and its barely ussed.
Metagross is a rape train, 405 attack hurts, and with Excadrill banned Agiligross has a chance to see use, it just hasn't caught on yet. And I understand the argument for usage, but that's not what our tiers are based on. We'll be changing the name of underused to clear up confusion on the subject.

Ninetails ehh.It's like the worst weather js.but in the UU tier it can compete in weather wars with Hippo and Abomasnow. Aboma>hippo>=aboma
Ninetales in UU is Preposterous, if you want sun in UU so bad get a Vulpix.

The UU to OU stuff are just OP shit from UU.
Darkrais can't be OU.
Jirachi not Uber
Dnite is uh... OP for OU but Outclassed at Uber.
Uber play is not supposed to be an issue, if you're saying right here that Dnite is OP then you're saying it should be uber, nuff said.

Steel Dragons
Him
Me
Dragonite should be in OU, as while it is powerful, it doesn't have the greatest speed and it can be played around.
Steel did alright he didn't piss me off like Gap, I just wanted to leave a counter argument for this. While you say Draginite can be played around, the most common form of playing around dragonite is bringing in scarf landorus and using HP ice twice, since Dragointe was able to set up a dragon dance on the switch and can live an HP ice, it will be able to set up to +2. then outspeeding it and outraging to kill it and cause serious damage to the rest of the team with outrage. The other most common way is to 2hko with scizor which dies to a fire punch, in general dragonites counter's rely on hitting him twice which is hard to do considering it's powerful and has access to extreme speed. I still believe Dragonite should be uber.

Back to top Go down
steel dragons
Arceus Tier
Arceus Tier
steel dragons

PostSubject: Re: Tier Changing Nominations May 2012   Tier Changing Nominations May 2012 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 4:34 pm

I see what you're saying Invalid. However, Stealth Rocks greatly limit Dragonite's usefulness overall, and make Dragonite less able to take powerful hits. I still think that it should be OU, because multiscale can be broken in many ways (weather, status, or just plain attacks break it).
Back to top Go down
[UE]Ninjoshy
Creative
Creative
[UE]Ninjoshy

PostSubject: Re: Tier Changing Nominations May 2012   Tier Changing Nominations May 2012 EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 12:44 am

I vote for cloyster to be moved to uber.

He does massive damage with Icicle Spear and Razor, has massive defense, and with only one move, Shell Smash, he raises a shit ton of his stats. It's extremely hard to take down.
Back to top Go down
steel dragons
Arceus Tier
Arceus Tier
steel dragons

PostSubject: Re: Tier Changing Nominations May 2012   Tier Changing Nominations May 2012 EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 1:20 am

NO, Cloyster should not be Uber. It can be played around, usually by strong hits from the special spectrum or even super-effective hits. Also, Stealth Rock, or any other entry hazard nullifies its Focus Sash, and burns can usually cripple Cloyster. Sure, it can have amazing stats when it sets up, but it usually won't have much HP left over, making it vulnerable to most priority moves.

I'm just saying though, if we make Cloyster Uber, tehn Darkrai should definitely be uber as well.
Back to top Go down
Frost
Sableye Tier
Sableye Tier
Frost

Rep : 50

PostSubject: Re: Tier Changing Nominations May 2012   Tier Changing Nominations May 2012 EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 1:50 am

Honestly I think cloyster should just be banned or something. I know it's an incredibly radical decision but it's just such a dick move. If you have no hazards then a sash cloyester can destroy your team, end of story. Not everyone carries the carbon copy scizor-bullet punch or hazards on their team, and for those people cloyster is pretty damn hard to stop. Also it's just so tasteless in my opinion. It takes absolutely 0 know how or skill to use a damn cloyster. Any noob can just run in guns blazing with a shell smash. I'm not expecting this opinion to be popular, of course, but I still stand by it. Maybe we could just ban the sash combo? I doubt it will be touched anyway though :/
Back to top Go down
mathewxd
Meowth Tier
Meowth Tier
mathewxd

PostSubject: Re: Tier Changing Nominations May 2012   Tier Changing Nominations May 2012 EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 7:06 am

deoxys attack for ou because while it has great attacks it has weak defenses and ive been testin it and there alot of pokemon that can survive a hit from it even without boosts.
Back to top Go down
Killer. B
Standard
Standard
Killer. B

PostSubject: Re: Tier Changing Nominations May 2012   Tier Changing Nominations May 2012 EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 6:25 pm

I'd like to nominate Multiscale Dragonite to be unbanned and returned to standard play. This ability isn't metagame changing. It makes this single pokemon a tad bit bulky but it doesn't single handedly destroy teams. It's most capable usage is on stall teams because that is it's roll. I hope this makes it's way back to standard.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tier Changing Nominations May 2012   Tier Changing Nominations May 2012 Empty

Back to top Go down

Tier Changing Nominations May 2012
Page 1 of 1