Breakdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesYoutubeRegisterLog in

Photobucket
Pokemon Showdown!
Support Breakdown by clicking below

XY Leads

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Invalid
Zygarde Tier
Zygarde Tier
Invalid

Rep : 77

XY Leads Empty
PostSubject: XY Leads   XY Leads EmptySun Apr 13, 2014 7:53 pm

First for anyone stumbling onto this article thinking it is pointless because leads are useless thanks to wifi clause, 1. Breakdown does not use wifi clause. 2. Leads can still be useful even with wifi clause. Now, onto the point of this page. I still haven't made a Gen 6 team that I'm happy with, every time I start to make a team, I get frustrated because I don't know enough good lead options this generation and I usually just end up picking either Deoxys-D or Galvantula. I'd like this thread to have a nice easy to look at list of acceptable leads to use so when I'm making a team I may refer to it and make the process less boring to me. I'll be adding sets to this page on my own, but I really want other people to post sets here to save time and just get things in that I wouldn't think of.

Uber
XY Leads Groudon
Groudon @ Leftovers
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Dragon Tail
Run Max SpD instead of Atk with a careful nature  and you will be able to survive a Specs Modest Kyogre's Water Spout 225/256 times. Thanks to FlamingFrozenGnome.

Standard
XY Leads Darkrai
Darkrai @ Focus Sash
Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Dark Void
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
Put your opponent to sleep before they can do anything with their lead, then take the free setup. Focus Blast can be swapped for Sludge Bomb to trip up fairy types, but if you do, replace Sash with Life Orb if you ever want it to kill anything.

XY Leads Deoxys-defense
Deoxys-Defense @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Recover
If Deo-D is a lead, this is probably the set you want. one move can be swapped out for night shade if you afraid of faster taunters and magic bounce users shutting you down completely.

XY Leads Deoxys-speed
Deoxys-Speed @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Superpower
The Offensive move is incredibly subjective, Superpower is a good option for hitting other leads, but if you want something to use later, or you'd just rather have coverage against different leads, consider Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Psycho Boost, or Dark Pulse (Espeon and Xatu insurance). The other three moves are basically must haves. Adamant (or modest if you chose special coverage) can be used for the extra damage with very little consequence, you will only miss out on speed ties with other Deoxys-S.

XY Leads Galvantula
Galvantula @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sticky Web
- Thunder
- Bug Buzz
- Disable
This thing has a seriously weird niche, Sticky Web is a no brainer, Lowering every non-flyer on the opponent's team is no joke for sweeping potential. 108 is a classic good speed for a lead. Compound Eyes boosts Thunder's accuracy making it a reliable hard hitter for a lead. Bug Buzz hitting through Substitute is nice, but that's more useful for later in the match when it will threaten Substitute setters for the rest of the match. Disable is 100% optional, it can be swapped out for Volt Switch, U-turn, Giga Drain or a Hidden Power depending on preference.

XY Leads Gengar
Gengar @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Icy Wind
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Destiny Bond
Gengar can do some amazing things this Generation, but this Anti-lead set is more than amusing. It's immune to fake out, so it will almost always get two hits off, because the first move it uses is Icy Wind, which slows the opponent down while also breaking their sash. Gengar's STAB coverage is better this generation, Only certain Dark types resist it. Destiny Bond can get Gengar an extra kill, just the threat of it is enough to turn the second Pokemon on your opponent's team into a serious mind game. This set which has been dormant since Gen 4 just might make a come back.

XY Leads Greninja
Greninja @ Leftovers
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- U-turn
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
This is a very fast taunter, You're going to be outspeeding most of the leads you see with it. Nothing matches Greninja in fast powerful U-turns because of Protean. Protean is awesome with its other moves just because you can choose your type depending on what move you predict. Greninja is also the fastest Toxic Spikes user in the game.

XY Leads Infernape
Infernape @ Focus Sash
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Spd / 4 HP / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Fake Out
Fake Out gets rid of any sashes. Taunt keeps the opponent from setting up. Stealth Rock to set up yourself. Overheat to do a lot of damage and potentially kill (especially with the Blaze boost after using its own sash). Thanks to MKSLAYER97.

Creative
XY Leads Sableye
Sableye (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Recover
- Foul Play
As a lead, Sableye is in the perfect position to do its job. It can burn other offensive leads right away with WoW. It also immediately foils any kind of hazard setup or baton pass chains with Taunt. Foul Play is a good offensive option, which, barring Justified, few things enjoy coming in on. From the lead position, Sableye can lock down an opponents team from setting up, and can also scare physically offensive pokes from coming in. Overall, it's a very solid lead for any team. Highly viable in Standard. Thanks to Frost.

Tesla
XY Leads Accelgor
Accelgor @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Bug Buzz
- Encore
- Yawn
Not only the fastest lead in Tesla, but also the fastest lead in Inspired. If you're using it in either of these tiers all you have to worry about are Pranksters taunting you, and Whimsicott and Liepard don't like Bug Buzz. Personally I'd recommend Max SpA over HP since this thing has Focus Sash. 0 Atk is to weaken Foul Play and confusion damage. Highly viable in Inspired. Thanks to Immanency.

Last edited by Invalid on Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:18 pm; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
Immanency
Meowth Tier
Meowth Tier
Immanency

Rep : 4

XY Leads Empty
PostSubject: Re: XY Leads   XY Leads EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 2:34 am

In Inspired I've found Accelgor to be a good lead.

Accelgor @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Bug Buzz
- Encore
- Yawn

It beats a lot of common leads like Azelf and Uxie, yawns, sashes, and spikes if wanted.
Back to top Go down
MKSLAYER97
Creative
Creative

Rep : 8

XY Leads Empty
PostSubject: Re: XY Leads   XY Leads EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 6:55 pm

Standard:

Infernape @ Focus Sash
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Spd / 4 HP / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature
IVs: null Atk
- Overheat
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Fake Out

Fake Out gets rid of any sashes
Taunt keeps the opponent from setting up
Stealth Rock to set up yourself
Overheat to do a lot of damage and potentially kill (especially with the Blaze boost after using its own sash)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

XY Leads Empty
PostSubject: Re: XY Leads   XY Leads Empty

Back to top Go down

XY Leads
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Breakdown :: Pokemon Discussion :: Analysis-
Jump to: