Breakdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesYoutubeRegisterLog in

Photobucket
Pokemon Showdown!
Support Breakdown by clicking below

Breakdown CANG Discussion

Go down 
+3
DaShrink
kingtrace
Invalid
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Invalid
Zygarde Tier
Zygarde Tier
Invalid

Rep : 77

Breakdown CANG Discussion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breakdown CANG Discussion   Breakdown CANG Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 10:41 am

Sturdy Shedinja is currently implemented. Randbat is properly set up for it. I ran 7 test battles and found that 12 out of 14 teams were capable of dealing with Shedinja, as for the other 2, if someone had gotten a shedinja against them, they'd have had no way of winning. Considering the old Shedinja also had a decent amount of randbat teams that were completely incapable of killing it, I don't think this new change will be a problem.
Back to top Go down
Invalid
Zygarde Tier
Zygarde Tier
Invalid

PostSubject: Re: Breakdown CANG Discussion   Breakdown CANG Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 11:05 am

My honest opinion on Pigeot is that I don't care, it won't be worth a shit either way, and mirror move doesn't do the same thing as copycat, It only copies a move that was used by the target, meaning it doesn't repeat the same move over and over like Riolu used to. Post it in submission if you want it in, but I'm not voting for it.
Back to top Go down
Invalid
Zygarde Tier
Zygarde Tier
Invalid

PostSubject: Re: Breakdown CANG Discussion   Breakdown CANG Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 1:35 pm

New thing very likely to be implemented, Bronzong will be getting Wonder Guard and a new ability.

New Ability: Grants immunity to all moves that would be super effective, will likely remove natural immunities, if it turns out to be broken we'll make it remove natural resistances too.

The new ability is as of yet unnamed. Here's a list of ideas for the name: X Guard, Blunder Guard*, Cross Guard, Royal Guard, Hyper Filter, Unbreakable.

*Blunder Guard would make no sense because the ability is better than Wonder Guard imo.

If any of these names speak to you, post about it. If they all suck and you have a better name in mind, post about it.
Back to top Go down
steel dragons
Arceus Tier
Arceus Tier
steel dragons

Rep : 32

PostSubject: Re: Breakdown CANG Discussion   Breakdown CANG Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 5:16 pm

I think that Wonder Coat could work for the new ability.  It is a strange ability to begin with, so I think that that name fits.  Also, there are actually 3-4 'Guard' abilities already in place, so another 'Guard' ability may not be the best idea.

Also...

steel dragons wrote:
Suggesting two things:

1. Changing Sceptile's type to Grass / Dragon (as it learns several dragon moves already)
2. Adding Draco Meteor to Sceptile's movepool (as I believe that all fully-evolved dragons get the move)

I posted this a while back, and no-one gave me any feedback about this.  Do you all think that this is a good idea, or not?  If this is implemented, it would make the first Grass / Dragon Pokémon, and Sceptile would also be one of the fastest Dragons out there, since it has base 120 speed.
Back to top Go down
Invalid
Zygarde Tier
Zygarde Tier
Invalid

PostSubject: Re: Breakdown CANG Discussion   Breakdown CANG Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 6:18 pm

Sceptile: I still think it would suck, but I'm not going to vote against it. It just seems unneccesary since it won't get much done.

Guard: I don't see why you'd go against the convention just for the sake of going against the convention, all the guard abilities offer complete protection from something, aside from No Guard. If you like the name Wonder Coat, that's fine, but it's a weird reason to not like guard as part of the name.
Back to top Go down
Invalid
Zygarde Tier
Zygarde Tier
Invalid

PostSubject: Re: Breakdown CANG Discussion   Breakdown CANG Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 8:23 am

Forecast is fixed in the weirdest way, you can try it out to see what it does now. The weird shit it does was chosen specially to never affect the outcome of a match.

Also have fun with Diancie, Hoopa, or Volcanion showing up in 90% of randbats, because I set that up too. Praise me.
Back to top Go down
Invalid
Zygarde Tier
Zygarde Tier
Invalid

PostSubject: Re: Breakdown CANG Discussion   Breakdown CANG Discussion - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 13, 2014 8:43 pm

[19:18:57] immanency: I think that Toxic Boost should cancel poison damage

He was offline by the time I noticed this. I agree, it should have something to make it not just nerfed Guts. Either no poison damage, a little more than 50% boost, or a 50% boost to physical and special.

Naturally, if the last option was chosen, the same would be done for flare boost.
Back to top Go down
kingtrace
Tesla
Tesla
kingtrace

Rep : 28

PostSubject: bfefbaeofbaejk   Breakdown CANG Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 5:40 pm

Masquerain, a Pokemon I can't believe I forgot, will be becoming a Water/Bug type.

On top of that, I am taking suggestions on any possible way to make it Standard material.
Back to top Go down
Immanency
Meowth Tier
Meowth Tier
Immanency

Rep : 4

PostSubject: Re: Breakdown CANG Discussion   Breakdown CANG Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 3:57 pm

Give Masquerain the standard water-type movepool; surf, scald, ice beam, and also Hurricaine. Possibly give it an ability that gives it 1.5x on Hurricaine and Air Slash? I don't know.

Other than that, straight up stat buffs would be the only real option for Masquerain
Back to top Go down
Immanency
Meowth Tier
Meowth Tier
Immanency

PostSubject: Re: Breakdown CANG Discussion   Breakdown CANG Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 3:12 am

Should I just assume that Fire-Grass Lilligant is not going to happen? Should I come up with another way to make my poor, sweet Lilligant viable?
Back to top Go down
steel dragons
Arceus Tier
Arceus Tier
steel dragons

PostSubject: Re: Breakdown CANG Discussion   Breakdown CANG Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 3:52 pm

Immanency wrote:
Give Masquerain the standard water-type movepool; surf, scald, ice beam, and also Hurricaine. Possibly give it an ability that gives it 1.5x on Hurricaine and Air Slash? I don't know.

Other than that, straight up stat buffs would be the only real option for Masquerain

Masquerain already gets decent Water moves though; it gets Hydro Pump, Scald, and Ice Beam already. I suppose that we could give it Surf, but is that really necessary? I wouldn't mind giving it Hurricane though.

We could give Masquerain Swift Swim, especially since Surskit gets it. Actually, if we keep Masquerain Bug / Flying and give it Swift Swim, then it could use Rain Dance + stabbed Hurricane very effectively, and it would be the only Pokémon that can use both Swift Swim and Stabbed Hurricane at the same time. If we go that route, then I would recommend increasing its special attack so that it can actually do decent damage, and maybe increase its special defense and speed as well.

Immanency wrote:
[19:18:57] immanency: I think that Toxic Boost should cancel poison damage

I agree with the option to cancel Poison damage for Toxic Boost, and by association I also agree with doing the same sort of thing with Flare Boost. That change would definitely make both Zangoose and Drifblim more viable to use.
Back to top Go down
Immanency
Meowth Tier
Meowth Tier
Immanency

PostSubject: Re: Breakdown CANG Discussion   Breakdown CANG Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 7:03 pm

Hey Everyone in CANG!

Invalid and I will be skyping at 7 EST, 4 PST, today, mostly discussing CANG. We want a couple ideas bounced around. If you'd like to be involved, ask us to add you to the call! Thanks everybody!
Back to top Go down
Invalid
Zygarde Tier
Zygarde Tier
Invalid

PostSubject: Re: Breakdown CANG Discussion   Breakdown CANG Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 7:16 pm

The Lilligant type change will be implemented. I haven't done it yet because of the hotpatch issue. Fiery Dance will be fine, but Ancient Power gives it the exact same niche as Rockug only better, so it's a no on that. I'm not just saying all this now, we've discussed it in the past.
Back to top Go down
steel dragons
Arceus Tier
Arceus Tier
steel dragons

PostSubject: Re: Breakdown CANG Discussion   Breakdown CANG Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 7:30 pm

I can't be on Skype, but I would like to suggest some things right now, so that you all can talk about them:

1. Giving Escavalier a good move to compliment Megahorn / Iron Head, as currently it has none. In particular, Drill Run seems like a good fit here.
2. Giving Klinklang a good complimentary move with Gear Grind, as currnely it doesn't really have one.
3. Possibly making Dedenne better, as it just plain sucks right now.
Back to top Go down
Immanency
Meowth Tier
Meowth Tier
Immanency

PostSubject: Re: Breakdown CANG Discussion   Breakdown CANG Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 7:37 pm

1. Escavalier has Drill Run. You nailed that he needed it, and he got it in Gen VI.
2. Definitely. I completely agree.
3. I was hoping we could forget about Dedenne because if we bring up Dedenne we have to drag up Plusle, Minun, Emolga, Pachirisu... yuck. Maybe we could give them a shared ability or something that could buff all of them into viability.
Back to top Go down
steel dragons
Arceus Tier
Arceus Tier
steel dragons

PostSubject: Re: Breakdown CANG Discussion   Breakdown CANG Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 9:02 pm

Quote :
I was hoping we could forget about Dedenne because if we bring up Dedenne we have to drag up Plusle, Minun, Emolga, Pachirisu... yuck. Maybe we could give them a shared ability or something that could buff all of them into viability.

We should make something like this:

Item: Pika Orb

Use: Increase attack and special attack by 50% (or something similar) for all 'Pikachu' Pokémon. That would include Pikachu, Raichu, Pichu, Plusle, Minun, Pachirisu, Emolga, and Dedenne. Since all of those Pokémon have almost no use competitively, this item would give them a major boost when dealing with the other, 'better and cooler' Pokémon out there.
Back to top Go down
Immanency
Meowth Tier
Meowth Tier
Immanency

PostSubject: Re: Breakdown CANG Discussion   Breakdown CANG Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 10:27 pm

Hey Everyone! I didn't take great notes, but here they are:

Explore Klingklang's bulky stuff. Magnetic Flux is a good move in theory.

Plus-Minus switch thing, probably a 2x spatk increase, bulk increase, take Plus/Minus away from Manectric, maybe Ampharos. If not quite good enough, make it stack.

Manectric gets shield dust / vital spirit.

Masquerain needs 10 in every stat, and to be water bug

Hawlucha needed elemental gems

Unown buffs w/ Judgment

Pyroar with Sheer Force

We're all Pro-Technician Weavile

Technician Haxorus

Infiltrator:
Braviary
Cacturne
Heliolisk
Magmortar
Toxicroak
Vivillon
Jinx
Kingtrace's Cat
Octillery
Shiftry
Sawk

Dark/Electric Luxray
Fangster: All Fang Moves are 1.5x bp and priority?

Analytic Escavalier

Invalid does his Spinda magic with Assist V-Create

Zangoose Toxic Boost +1 +1

Hazard Absorption Abilities (4 abilities)
Spikes +1 Atk
Toxic Spikes +1 Spatk
Sticky Web +1 Spd
Stealth Rock Immunity to Status
Back to top Go down
Invalid
Zygarde Tier
Zygarde Tier
Invalid

PostSubject: Re: Breakdown CANG Discussion   Breakdown CANG Discussion - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 19, 2014 9:16 pm

New Notes:

Parting Shot List: Honchkrow, Bannette, Serperior, Sableye, Hydreigon, Scrafty, Zoroark, Liepard, Umbreon, Zebstrika, Ambipom, Claydol

Contrary to Pangoro.

Dazzling Gleam: Mr. Mime, and Chandelure.

Draining Kiss: Mr. Mime
Back to top Go down
Immanency
Meowth Tier
Meowth Tier
Immanency

PostSubject: Re: Breakdown CANG Discussion   Breakdown CANG Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu May 29, 2014 2:02 pm

Suggesting a change to Groshomme: Remove the line from its description about looking like a large vagina. Change it to another description if need be.
Back to top Go down
steel dragons
Arceus Tier
Arceus Tier
steel dragons

PostSubject: Re: Breakdown CANG Discussion   Breakdown CANG Discussion - Page 2 EmptySat May 31, 2014 2:50 am

I'm just wondering...what is Groshommes concept exactly? We know that it likes to explode, but what else does it do? I'm fairly certain that all of the other CAPs have clear concepts, and I think that Groshomme should have a clearer concept before it should be implemented.

Also, going along with the previous post, I think that a portion of Groshomme's current description can be perceived as offensive to some people, and that it should be changed.
Back to top Go down
Invalid
Zygarde Tier
Zygarde Tier
Invalid

PostSubject: Re: Breakdown CANG Discussion   Breakdown CANG Discussion - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 4:36 am

New things to work on:

Make the Floette guys better:
Light of ruin 100% accurate, 25% recoil
Make Flower boost give passive natural cure to incoming grass types.\

Roar Boosts residual damage that turn by .3x.
Swimming Goggles
Neuter Kangaskhan (reduce damage output of Pokemon with Parental Bond by 33%)
Change Crit Mechanics to what we all dreamed they might be.

Potential Orbs: add not replace ability
Hustle
Infiltrator
Intimidate
Overcoat
Pixilate
Blaze and his amazing friends
Trace Orb (probably won't work)
Truant Orb
Back to top Go down
Ao1 Navy
Standard
Standard

Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: Breakdown CANG Discussion   Breakdown CANG Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2016 1:18 pm

Ability: Bonus gauge

Uses a volatile status coded like move:spikes. Each turn (after any switching) if the user is on the field, add 1 counter to the status. Any time a status move is used by the player who has bonus gauge layers, the gauge is dropped to 0 (zero) and an effect happens based on how full the gauge is. I'll post the sample effects later, I need to make this post quick.

Edit1:

Sample bonus gauge levels:

0: Nothing happens (this would be a lot of work to change as well as unbalanced as this counter doesn't require the active Pokemon to have the ability in order for the effects to happen. This is purposeful.)

1: +6.25% health.

2: :stage 1: +6.25% more health, and restore any lowered stats on the user.

3: :stage 2: +6.25% more health, and cure any status ailments on the user.

4: :stage 3: +6.25% more health, and activate the effect of safeguard, which is to prevent any status ailments for 5 turns.

5: :stage 4: +25% more health, boost all stats one stage, but make it impossible for the user to switch out afterwards.

This ability seems obviously broken. It's kind of an improved toxic heal. But it has several liabilities: 1. It can only cure statuses later, not prevent them immediately like toxic heal. 2. Any Pokemon attempting to use it must have at least 1 status move on the set to activate the ability. 3. You can't use a status move without activating the ability. 4. If you build up 5 stages, you have just crippled your teams ability to stall, because any Pokemon which uses a stall move will be trapped.

I'm only trying to lead the conversation away from torches and pitchforks preemptively, I do believe this is an extremely good ability, and Pokemon that have it need very limited move pools.

Really good combination moves:

U-turn and volt switch, using these moves with the Pokemon will add 1 level to the status and let you get away.

Baton pass: will activate the effect and let you pass the stat boosts to a Pokemon without status moves.

Protect: safely take your boosts.

Set up moves: get the normal effect of a setup move along with the ability's boosts.

Specifically sigilyph with cosmic power/calm mind and stored power: make stored power 160bp in one turn and enjoy the speed along with it. This is the main thing I'm pretty worried about, but i think it will be manageable.
Back to top Go down
Ao1 Navy
Standard
Standard

PostSubject: Re: Breakdown CANG Discussion   Breakdown CANG Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 25, 2017 8:49 pm

Ao1 Navy's proposal to eliminate Worthless Abilities, Luck Based Abilities, and to Truck over knock off cause I still hate it.

Part 1

Sticky Hold - Does what it already does, but also reflects the move Knock Off.

Pick Up- at the end of each turn, 'pick up' 1 layer of entry hazards. (may also add a special effect based on picked up hazards)

Hustle - (remove other effects) any time the user is hit by moves like Encore, Taunt, Torment (Mental herb moves), it's speed will increase one stage.

Moody - (remove other effects) any time the opponent uses a move that the user also has, it fails, and the Moody user gets a +1 (Perhaps 2) boost to all stats (Atk, Def, SpA, SpD, Spe)

Anger Point - (remove other effects) any time the opponent uses a move that the user also has, it fails, and the Anger Point user's Atk is maximized.

Serene Grace - (remove other effects) The user's contact moves do not make contact. The user's STAB moves never miss.

Flame Body - 30% effect increased to 100% effect.
Poison Point - 30% effect increased to 100% effect.
Static - 30% effect increased to 100% effect.

Poison Touch - (Remove old effects) Any time the user hits with a contact move, it's target is poisoned.

Effect Spore - (Remove old effects) If the user is hit with a contact move, it's opponent is inflicted with a status. Super effective = sleep, neutral = poison, resisted = paralyzed.

Harvest - Chance of activating in rain is 0%. Chance in sun is 100%. Chance in all other weathers is also 100% but, cannot activate on the turn the berry was used.

Run Away - Grants the effect of Shed Shell, also the user switches out after every move (like U-turn)

Healer - If the users health is increased by a move, grant a wish on the next turn of equal health that was restored this turn.

Plus - If the opponent has electric move(s), then it will automatically, select 1.

Minus - If the user's Electric move would be 0x effective, it is instead 50% effective.

Super Luck - (Remove old effects) If the user moves second, the player may change their mind about what move to use. If they change their mind, the user will have to recharge next turn.

Magma Armor - All water type moves that hit the user are treated as normal type moves.

Oblivious - Mental Herb moves don't affect the user until 1 turn later.

Unnerve - Current ability is worthless imo. (Remove old effects) All Mental herb moves stay in effect until the opponent switches.
Back to top Go down
Ao1 Navy
Standard
Standard

PostSubject: Re: Breakdown CANG Discussion   Breakdown CANG Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 27, 2017 10:08 pm

Part 2

Anticipation - Useless enough no one uses it, keep old effect, add If the opponent uses a super effective move, the move is delayed 1 turn, like future sight. Hello broke-xicroak.

Cute Charm - (Remove old effects) If the user is hit by a contact move, the opponent drops -2 attack.

Damp - Useless enough no one uses it, add If the opponent uses a Normal Type move, change it to the move's type to water. I want it to apply before refrigerate, pixelate etc, but I think that would require a lot of recoding.

Can we make slow start arguably good?

Slow start - (remove old effect) When this Pokemon uses a move, it activates 1 turn after it was selected, even if the user switched out.
Probably doesn't sound that great, until you think about the move protect. So you can give any pokemon a true safe switch without explosion or u-turn. Explosion is a bigger investment, and U-turn is less effective.

Flower Veil - Status (Poison and stuff) can't affect the user.

Friend Guard - The effects of Light Screen and Reflect don't weaken moves used against the Friend Guard user. When the user Switches it, either reflect, or light screen are activated. Light Screen if the opponent has higher SpA than Atk. Reflect if it's a tie or Atk is higher.

Gluttony - Same effect as before, plus the user will always eat an opponents berry if it's HP is less than half.

Heavy Metal - There are a lot of fun things that could be done with this ability. make moves that involve throwing fail... reduce damage from sound moves. Steel Type Aerialate. Whatever, they'd all be good.

Honey Gather - Doesn't need to be messed with because only crap mons get it? but we could make honey actually do something. and make honey gather activate every turn. Yeah, lets do it. From now on, Honey is a consumed item that is automatically used at the end of any turn and it heals 12.5% hp and grants 2 turns of immunity to poison. So Honey gather is like Poison Heal ultra-lite.

Illuminate - No Guard

Keen Eye - Everything it normally does, plus it breaks illusion, and
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breakdown CANG Discussion   Breakdown CANG Discussion - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Breakdown CANG Discussion
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2