HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsYoutubeRegisterLog in

Photobucket
Pokemon Showdown!
Support Breakdown by clicking below

Share | 

New CAP idea that bends the rules.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Is this idea too broken? Would you allow it?
Not broken at all, i'd be fine with it.
14%
 14% [ 1 ]
Somewhat broken, needs modifications.
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Very broken, wouldn't be ok with this.
86%
 86% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
SupahGassy
Inspired
Inspired

Rep : 1

PostSubject: New CAP idea that bends the rules.   Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:00 am

So recently i had an idea for a CAP. Though the idea for this CAP broken the rule for base 20 stats at the lowest. The idea is a pokemon with 1 HP, like Shedinja, that runs the ability Sturdy. As such this would make this pokemon almost invincible to be taken down with attacking moves of any sort, other than from pokemon with the ability Mold Breaker.

Here is the idea for the CAP.

Name: Armadagon

Concept: a large bug like pokemon. It holds tremendous power that rages from inside it's massive body. It looks almost like a giant grub with very small wings on the very top of it's body and a spiked tail to it's end. It is so large that it's exoskeleton therefore is unbreakable to any special or physical attacks. When infected with a status or in bad weather this exoskeleton will slowly deteriorate and ultimately leave it defenseless. 

Type: Bug/Dragon

Ability: Sturdy
Stats:
Spoiler:

Moves:
Spoiler:

You can test the idea for this cap as such in Hackmons with Shedinja and giving it Sturdy. As you'll see it will die to weather such as Sand or Hail, it will also die to Burn and Poison and Leech Seed. Mold Breaker users such as Drilwurm (very common now in CAP) will bypass Sturdy and always 1HKO this poke. Hazards will always ko it also.

The main idea though is to play around with this poke and run certain pokemon that will allow you to use it competitively. Politoed would help get rid of sand with Drizzle, Tentacruel will be supported by this rain with rain dish and be able to rapid spin away any hazards and Espeon or Xatu will keep any status ailment or hazards away from this poke. Once able to be used without the fear of status or weather or hazards it is able to easily destroy a whole team... The idea is both weak yet strong because it all depends on the player and how well they are able to assist this pokemon in sweeping.

Let me know your thoughts on this matter and if I should just not use this idea or modify it in a certain way... If you think some parts need explaining I will kindly do that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
diogofrp
Alphabet Soup Tier
Alphabet Soup Tier

Rep : 4

PostSubject: Re: New CAP idea that bends the rules.   Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:58 am

Way too OP, and you are basically making people have to use Mold Breaker or stats or even hazards.

Hyper-offense teams would suck against it, making them useless in CAP

EDIT: More awake now, so adding some stuff.

1st, Atk and Sp.Atk, you have perfect coverage for whatever you want.
Dragon STAB + Fight is enough for any Pokémon. But there are 2 CAPs that resist that combo, but then you have EQ to eat them both or Flamethrower, so gg.
2nd, Speed and defs don't even matter, because honestly, that's so broken you have to come ready, because if you switch out, you die, and if you stay in, you die. Easy enough, you have to let something die to kill it.

You bring TTar on that, and it dies. Even if it can bring sandstorm, if you use this thing in a weather war, Rain and Sun always win, because you can't fcking kill this thing without losing something to stat it and if it carries Lum Berry, it has an "extra life" against Burns or Poison.

3rd, Shell Smash?Seriously?You wanna boost both atks and speed by losing defs that you won't even use?Lolz.

Then there's this...

SupahGassy wrote:
Mold Breaker users such as Drilwurm (very common now in CAP) 

Very common?The CAP Pokémon that have Mold Breaker are:

Drillwurm...

So I should be forced to use a Drilwurm in my hyper-offense team because of this thing?Or any Mold Breaker user at all?

And tbh, I haven't seen a Drillwurm since I battled you last time, so I'm not even sure that it's as common as you think, but wtvs.

Either way, this would basically fack the metagame, even if you tweek it.

[10:49:03]~Invalid:and gavin is my whore?
[10:49:03]~Invalid:I think I'd sell him for a pack of cigarettes, and I don't smoke

lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
steel dragons
Arceus Tier
Arceus Tier

Rep : 32

PostSubject: Re: New CAP idea that bends the rules.   Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:59 am

Sorry Supergassy, I think that this CAP should not be implemented.  Here are my reasons why:

1.  Sturdy + 1 HP is simply very broken.  The ability to survive any 'normal' attack alone is broken.  You have to rely on status moves / damaging weather / special abilities / hazards to take it out.  While most teams have at least one of these things, I don't like the idea of having to run one of these things specifically for Armadagon.
2.  It's attacking power is also broken.  It has base 140 attack and special attack, which rivals the power of some Uber Pokémon.  Also, it has an amazing movepool to back up its attacking stats, having nearly every move it could possibly want ever.
3.  It has Shell smash with essentially no drawbacks.  The defense drops from Shell Smash would not hurt Armagadon at all (unless it faces a Mold Breaker).  The other Shell smashers out there all suffer from the defense drops from Shell smash in some capacity, yet Armagadon doesn't suffer any from Shell Smash because of the 1 HP + Sturdy combo.

With that all being said, I am very much against this CAP (or any others at this level of brokenness) ever being implemented.  I would like to see a Bug / Dragon Pokémon implemented sometime though; I think that that is a cool combination of types.

Halloof         Globolt
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SupahGassy
Inspired
Inspired

PostSubject: Re: New CAP idea that bends the rules.   Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:31 am

1. the attacking power could be dropped. i'd simply drop it to about 100 each.
2. the movepool can be lowered a bit and i will drop shell smash, these are all things that are MODIFICATIONS to the pokemon, not the ability and hp stat.

Changes to make...

HP: 1
ATK: 100
DEF: 50
SPA: 100
SPD: 50
SPE: 30

BST: 331

Moves:
Bug Buzz
X-Scissor
Dragon Pulse
Dragon Claw
Flamethrower
Ice Beam
Thunder
Dragon Meteor
Aerial Ace
Rock Slide

limiting it to 10 moves here now.

took off fighting type move here. and as Diogo said "Bring in TTar and it dies" now you can easily do that. Lum berry would let it bypass one status ailment but now with base 100 offenses its not easily ko'ing anything. I think with these modifications now it should be more balanced.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
diogofrp
Alphabet Soup Tier
Alphabet Soup Tier

PostSubject: Re: New CAP idea that bends the rules.   Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:24 am

Offensive-wise, now it's much better.

Would still Truck a hyper-offensive team though, because Sturdy + 1 HP is too OP.

Now I do agree that it's easier to stop now, but you are still forcing people to bring Hail, Sandstorm, Ailments or Mold Breaker users.

252SpAtk Test (+SAtk) Thunder vs 252HP/252SpDef Water Absorb Jellicent (+SpDef): 41% - 49% (168 - 198 HP). Guaranteed 3HKO.

100 Base Sp.A, just to help the "countage".

252Atk Test (+Atk) Dragon Claw vs 252HP/252Def Water Absorb Jellicent (+Def): 18% - 21% (73 - 86 HP). Guaranteed 6HKO.

And cause i'm a cool guy:

252Atk Test (+Atk) Dragon Claw vs 0HP/0Def Levitate Gengar (Neutral): 46% - 54% (121 - 143 HP). Guaranteed 3HKO. 15% chance to 2HKO.

It can't even HKO Gengar now, who has fucking paper thin defenses.

252SpAtk Test (+SAtk) Thunder vs 0HP/0SpDef Levitate Gengar (Neutral): 58% - 68% (152 - 179 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

252SpAtk Test (+SAtk) Draco Meteor vs 0HP/0SpDef Levitate Gengar (Neutral): 67% - 80% (177 - 209 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

Even then, I don't really agree with Sturdy + 1 HP, seeing as it actually forces you to be ready before the match starts.

[10:49:03]~Invalid:I think I'd sell him for a pack of cigarettes, and I don't smoke

lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SupahGassy
Inspired
Inspired

PostSubject: Re: New CAP idea that bends the rules.   Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:00 pm

well seeing as how most hyper offense teams usually carry weather such as sandstorm or sun it shouldn't be that hard imo because most ninetales carry will o wisp and sandstorm just takes it out. Honestly i think now with the modifications it has it'd be fine to at least test and if it's too OP then ban it to Ubers where i think it would do much less damage and if it does go to ubers ill put it back up to 140 offenses and have it wreck ubers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Invalid
Zygarde Tier
Zygarde Tier

Rep : 77

PostSubject: Re: New CAP idea that bends the rules.   Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:17 am

Diogo I'm guessing you forgot to make it dragon type in your calculations because:

252+ SpA (custom) Draco Meteor vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Gengar: 265-313 (101.14 - 119.46%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Also, What is Gengar supposed to do to it provided it does live? And if you say Toxic I will have an aneurysm. I haven't been in favor of a 1 HP sturdy user ever and I told Gassy to post the thread for two reasons, 1: it's only fair, people deserve a chance for their ideas to be heard by the community. 2: I thought I might be pleasantly surprised to find a non-broken rule violation.

I'm not mad at anyone, I'm just letting everyone know where I stand. I am opposed to this CAP, in principle and in practice.

Finally Gassy, had the poll been favorable for you I would have rejected it because of the wording. It's simply unfair for you to be able to word people's options for them. The answers need to be "yes" and "no". There is no need for abstain since this isn't a collective vote, abstaining is expressed by simply abstaining.

diogofrp
Alphabet Soup Tier
Alphabet Soup Tier

PostSubject: Re: New CAP idea that bends the rules.   Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:32 am

Invalid wrote:
Diogo I'm guessing you forgot to make it dragon type in your calculations because:

252+ SpA (custom) Draco Meteor vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Gengar: 265-313 (101.14 - 119.46%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Also, What is Gengar supposed to do to it provided it does live? And if you say Toxic I will have an aneurysm. I haven't been in favor of a 1 HP sturdy user ever and I told Gassy to post the thread for two reasons, 1: it's only fair, people deserve a chance for their ideas to be heard by the community.  2: I thought I might be pleasantly surprised to find a non-broken rule violation.

I'm not mad at anyone, I'm just letting everyone know where I stand. I am opposed to this CAP, in principle and in practice.

Finally Gassy, had the poll been favorable for you I would have rejected it because of the wording. It's simply unfair for you to be able to word people's options for them. The answers need to be "yes" and "no". There is no need for abstain since this isn't a collective vote, abstaining is expressed by simply abstaining.

The Gengar calcs were to show how weak it became, that's why I put Gengar who has paper thin defenses taking the hits. Because honestly, if Gengar can take the hits, what can't?

Either way, as refered, the problem is the 1 HP + Sturdy

lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Invalid
Zygarde Tier
Zygarde Tier

Rep : 77

PostSubject: Re: New CAP idea that bends the rules.   Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:30 am

Except Gengar can't take its hits. So I don't know what you're even talking about anymore.

diogofrp
Alphabet Soup Tier
Alphabet Soup Tier

PostSubject: Re: New CAP idea that bends the rules.   Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:22 am

Dafuq, I put the calcs up there on how much damage it does Neutral

But yes, I did forget Dragon STAB

lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New CAP idea that bends the rules.   

Back to top Go down

New CAP idea that bends the rules.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1