Breakdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesYoutubeRegisterLog in

Photobucket
Pokemon Showdown!
Support Breakdown by clicking below

I Only Wanna *Bee* With You (Volbeat based Rain)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Invalid
Zygarde Tier
Zygarde Tier
Invalid

Rep : 77

I Only Wanna *Bee* With You (Volbeat based Rain) Empty
PostSubject: I Only Wanna *Bee* With You (Volbeat based Rain)   I Only Wanna *Bee* With You (Volbeat based Rain) EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 7:39 pm

Screw Team at a Glance, I like this better:
What does this team do? Simple. I Only Wanna *Bee* With You (Volbeat based Rain) 494 kills something, frequently a weather starter.
Next, I Only Wanna *Bee* With You (Volbeat based Rain) 186 comes in, sets up rain and annoys everything.
Once rain is up, I Only Wanna *Bee* With You (Volbeat based Rain) 598 can live a hit and set up Stealth Rock.
Once Stealth rock and rain are active, I Only Wanna *Bee* With You (Volbeat based Rain) 313 comes in and sets up Tail Glow,
which he passes to I Only Wanna *Bee* With You (Volbeat based Rain) 641, who goes on to kill things with Hurricane.
If that isn't enough you can always pass Tail Glow to I Only Wanna *Bee* With You (Volbeat based Rain) 647

The Team

I Only Wanna *Bee* With You (Volbeat based Rain) 494
I (Victini) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Victory Star
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- V-create
- Final Gambit
- U-turn
- Fusion Bolt
I'll go ahead and explain the naming now, I Only Wanna Be With You is a song by Samantha Fox, The song was covered by Volbeat in metal and it's amazing. I is a good nickname for Victini because of the battle text, "I used Final Gambit! I fainted!" While Victini has four moves, you'll mostly only be using Final Gambit, which does 404 damage to the opponent and also kills off Victini.

I Only Wanna *Bee* With You (Volbeat based Rain) 598
Only (Ferrothorn) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
Don't be an idiot like me, give him 0 Speed IVs. All Ferrothorn truly needs to do against crappy teams is set up Stealth Rock. It can also keep Pokemon alive with Leech Seed and kill off random things with Gyro Ball. With Ferrothorn don't get greedy, it doesn't need to live, once you have a Leech Seed on something it's time to switch.

I Only Wanna *Bee* With You (Volbeat based Rain) 186
Wanna (Politoed) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Protect
- Toxic
- Substitute
- Scald
The only Politoed I ever run is specially defensive. While other moves are good for some things, I don't need encore since Volbeat already has it, and I don't want Perish Song on a Baton Pass team, so this is what it ended up with. This will annoy everything.

I Only Wanna *Bee* With You (Volbeat based Rain) 313
Bee (Volbeat) (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Tail Glow
- Baton Pass
- Light Screen
- Encore
Noob Power! people see Volbeat and instantly assume you're terrible, don't correct them, they'll play like shit. You want to bring this in on opposing hazard pokemon to encore them into support moves, then set up a tail glow and pass to whatever Pokemon suits the situation, usually Tornadus, occasionally Keldeo, rarely Politoed. Light Screen comes in handy when Volbeat already has Leech Seed support and it's opponent is a special attacker. It's also a good move to use while you're waiting to see what you're opponent is going to bring in.

I Only Wanna *Bee* With You (Volbeat based Rain) 641
With (Tornadus) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hurricane
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Grass Knot
Rape Rape Rape. Tornadus with a Choice Scarf is usable normally. At +6 or even +3 Tornadus is unstoppable. Base 111 Speed means it will outspeed all the standard scarfers, even Latios. Don't worry about locking into Hurricane, it kills Electric and Steel types in one hit anyway. The other moves are for when Tornadus comes in without a boost and has to kill something quick.

I Only Wanna *Bee* With You (Volbeat based Rain) 647
You (Keldeo) @ Leftovers
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Surf
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Dark]
You, the illiterate Pokemon. But Invalid, how do you know it's illiterate? Well here's an example of the kind of things the battle window says when I send You out. "You's Sp. Att. rose! You's Sp. Def. rose! You is buffeted by the sandstorm!" While it doesn't get much use when you're battling against opponents who don't know how Volbeat works, once you start to struggle Keldeo comes in handy a lot. Keldeo also serves as anti-sand if Victini doesn't get the job done.

Importable
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
steel dragons
Arceus Tier
Arceus Tier
steel dragons

Rep : 32

PostSubject: Re: I Only Wanna *Bee* With You (Volbeat based Rain)   I Only Wanna *Bee* With You (Volbeat based Rain) EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 12:54 am

Quick Question: Why does Keldeo have HP Dark? I would go with HP Electric or HP Ice myself. I also might use something like U-Turn or Toxic on Volbeat instead of Light Screen, but they all have their benefits.

This is a nice team though. Team synergy doesn't really matter when you are at +3 special attack.
Back to top Go down
Frost
Sableye Tier
Sableye Tier
Frost

Rep : 50

PostSubject: Re: I Only Wanna *Bee* With You (Volbeat based Rain)   I Only Wanna *Bee* With You (Volbeat based Rain) EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 11:53 am

I think that was just an error when he was exporting. He probably meant Ice or something because HP dark is worthless.
Back to top Go down
diogofrp
Alphabet Soup Tier
Alphabet Soup Tier
diogofrp

Rep : 4

PostSubject: Re: I Only Wanna *Bee* With You (Volbeat based Rain)   I Only Wanna *Bee* With You (Volbeat based Rain) EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 4:17 pm

Dat volbeat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Only Wanna *Bee* With You (Volbeat based Rain)   I Only Wanna *Bee* With You (Volbeat based Rain) Empty

Back to top Go down

I Only Wanna *Bee* With You (Volbeat based Rain)
Page 1 of 1