Breakdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesYoutubeRegisterLog in

Photobucket
Pokemon Showdown!
Support Breakdown by clicking below

The What If's

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Frost
Sableye Tier
Sableye Tier
Frost

Rep : 50

The What If's Empty
PostSubject: The What If's   The What If's EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 11:44 pm

I thought I'd make this thread as a place to discuss your pokemon "wishlist." There are a lot of pokes that are lacking something to make them viable, be that a move, an ability, or slightly different stats. Discuss them here. (i.e. if Flareon got a decent physical STAB) Talk about what you want for a certain poke, and how you think that would change the meta game.

Last edited by Frost on Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Frost
Sableye Tier
Sableye Tier
Frost

The What If's Empty
PostSubject: Re: The What If's   The What If's EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 11:47 pm

Dear god if only Chandelure got a fighting move. I can see it now, the only things standing in its way would be destroyed. Mainly Heatran. It's already usually 2hko'd, 3 hits if you invest, so something like Focus Blast or Aura sphere would completely destroy it. I could finally stop depending on Hidden Power!
Back to top Go down
Invalid
Zygarde Tier
Zygarde Tier
Invalid

Rep : 77

The What If's Empty
PostSubject: Re: The What If's   The What If's EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 1:01 am

Scizor with Bulldoze, while Scizor is definitely good without it, I'd much rather run Bulldoze than Superpower on it. It would be 90 base power with Technician, it would fit with flavor since his claws could be used to scoop dirt, and the speed drop would help scizor finish off weakened foes.
Back to top Go down
steel dragons
Arceus Tier
Arceus Tier
steel dragons

Rep : 32

The What If's Empty
PostSubject: Re: The What If's   The What If's EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 1:13 am

Garchomp with Dragon Dance; it just makes sense, and it would also be deadly.
Back to top Go down
Frost
Sableye Tier
Sableye Tier
Frost

The What If's Empty
PostSubject: Re: The What If's   The What If's EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 2:04 am

I wished Drifblim was actually bulky :/ Its hp is a massive 150, but it has awful defense. I would love for it to be the OU Giratina. It has the same hp, so why not give it better defenses? It would be an epic wall. I think 110 spdef and 80 def would be fair. Its bulk would be balanced out by it's slightly weak defensive typing.

Last edited by Frost on Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
steel dragons
Arceus Tier
Arceus Tier
steel dragons

The What If's Empty
PostSubject: Re: The What If's   The What If's EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 2:08 am

Mienshao should be able to learn the elemental punches. It can learn Drain Punch, so it doesn't make sense for it to not learn other similar punching moves. In particular, it could use Ice Punch, and not have to split its EVs or use a Naive / Hasty nature, which would help it a bit.
Back to top Go down
Invalid
Zygarde Tier
Zygarde Tier
Invalid

Rep : 77

The What If's Empty
PostSubject: Re: The What If's   The What If's EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 2:12 am

Dugtrio needs Rapid Spin, Arena Trap to stop them from switching in a ghost type would be awesome. Dugtrio gets another support bonus from Arena Trap most people don't think about, it can set up stealth rock without worrying about a Magic Bounce user switching in. It's also exactly what I always wish I had with my current team. I know people would say run Donphan, but for me that would ruin the whole point of Dugtrio on my team which is to trap things, especially Tentacruel. Flavor-wise, if Donphan, Sandslash, and Excadrill can have it, why can't Dugtrio?

Edit*: On the topic of Mienshao, I was hoping it would get Ice Beam in BW2, taking out Gliscor without SpA investment would have been sweet. It makes no sense for flavor, but it makes a lot of competitive sense.
Back to top Go down
Frost
Sableye Tier
Sableye Tier
Frost

The What If's Empty
PostSubject: Re: The What If's   The What If's EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 6:35 am

I reaaalllly wish Amoonguss got leech seed! It would be incredible. I did a little test with a Venusaur. I gave it max special defense and hp, with clorophyl in sun. I also gave it sleep powder, giga drain, and leech seed. Bulky Venusaur may seem like a bad idea, but this thing actually worked! It was able to put them to sleep before they could hit it, leech seed them, and giga drain to gain back large amounts of health every turn. I even was able to kill a heatran with it! If Venusaur can do this, then Amoonguss could do an even better job! All of its defensive stats, including hp, are higher, and it has spore. I think giving Amoonguss leech seed wouldn't even be broken. There are still enough things that can OHKO it so it's not like leech seed will turn into something unstoppable. I think it would be something that could finally get snobbish pricks like smogon to stop looking down on Amoonguss, and realize just how amazing it can be.
Back to top Go down
Trainer_Blue
Creative
Creative
Trainer_Blue

Rep : 0

The What If's Empty
PostSubject: Re: The What If's   The What If's EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 3:32 pm

Landerous-T with icicle crash, Chandelure with aura sphere, Ferrothorn with destiny bond, Scizor with aqua jet, Scizor with force palm, Scizor with storm throw, every pokemon with the ability Sniper gets frost breath and storm throw, give Latios psycho boost, and machamp guilotine. Give every one of smogons favorite pokemon extreme speed.

... Yeah, you probably realize I'm mocking this. These Pokemon don't have the moves you want them to because they would be much too powerful, or it wouldn't make sense for the pokemon to be able to use these moves(Though, I have not a clue why Dugtrio can learn aerial ace). Be glad your favorite pokemon don't have these moves, else they'd be banished to Ubers.
Back to top Go down
Frost
Sableye Tier
Sableye Tier
Frost

The What If's Empty
PostSubject: Re: The What If's   The What If's EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 3:39 pm

Sorry but no XD

You think they actually care about the metagame? Then riddle me this, Jirachi. Gamefreak created something that is literally unstoppable more often than not. And alot of moves that actually exist make no sense at all.

The "reason" none of those things got any of the moves we want has nothing at all to do with logic. It's all about their whims, nothing more. Just look at flareon, stunfisk, or rotom-s.

I get what you're trying to do, but your argument falls flat when you consider that nothing in pokemon makes sense at all, and if gamefreak gave a damn about things being broken then Excadrill, Shadow Tag Chandy, and Jirachi would have never existed.

Last edited by Frost on Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
steel dragons
Arceus Tier
Arceus Tier
steel dragons

The What If's Empty
PostSubject: Re: The What If's   The What If's EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 3:46 pm

We're not THAT upset that those Pokemon cant learn certain moves, as that is just how the game is. This is the 'What ifs' section after all, and I think that we all understand that som Pokemon just don't always get the moves that they would lke to get.

Quote :
These Pokemon don't have the moves you want them to because they would be much too powerful, or it wouldn't make sense for the pokemon to be able to use these moves

I disagree with this; most of the suggestions don't really fit that criteria. For example, lets look at two of the suggestions, Amoonguss with Leech Seed and Mienshao with the elemental punches. It would make sense for the Pokemon to have those moves, yet they don't. It also wouldn't be game-breaking if the Pokemon had those moves. Sure, the Pokemon would be better with those moves, but they wouldn't get banished to Ubers over them.

In regards to weird move / Pokemon combinations, I have three:

Slowbro with Fire Blast: Where do the flames come from?
Manetric with Flamethrower: Again, where does the fire come from?
Ludicolo with Fire Punch: Seriously, how can something that is Water and Grass learn a Fire Punching move? It makes no sense to me.

EDIT: Ninjad by Frost
Back to top Go down
Trainer_Blue
Creative
Creative
Trainer_Blue

Rep : 0

The What If's Empty
PostSubject: Re: The What If's   The What If's EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 9:04 pm

@Frost: Gamefreak can't see all things they do through, and some things they release aren't intended to be as strong as some players make them. Some things get left in the dust, such as Flareon, and others are too powerful, such as Excadrill. Jirachi wasn't meant to be unkillable, its just weatherwhores made it that way because people demanded permweather effects outside of the weather trio. What I'm trying to mock here is this is essentially you guys wanting your favorite pokemon to be stronger, or pokemon that aren't "Mainstream" to be stronger(Note, if they were, then they would be given the smogon stamp of approval like every other pokemon in players ungeneric teams). You should accept things for what they are and how they are, not what they could be.

@SteelDragons: Amoonguss can't learn leech seed because it is literally a god damn mushroom with two mushrooms sticking out of it. I have no idea how it would go about firing a leech seed.
Mienshao can't learn elemental punches because in case you were too busy touching yourself while looking at his regenerator ability, IT DOESNT HAVE FUCKING HANDS.

As to reply to your "Weird move" pokemon:
Slowbro with fire blast: It shoots it out if it's mouth. You'd know this if you ever played pokemon stadium
Manetric: Again, considering its a flamethrower, I'd assume it also comes out of his mouth. You should be able to figure this out.
Ludicolo with fire punch: This is my reply to you.

I hope this clears everything up.
Back to top Go down
Frost
Sableye Tier
Sableye Tier
Frost

The What If's Empty
PostSubject: Re: The What If's   The What If's EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 9:14 pm

Breloom is a mushroom and it uses leech seed >.>

Back to top Go down
steel dragons
Arceus Tier
Arceus Tier
steel dragons

The What If's Empty
PostSubject: Re: The What If's   The What If's EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 1:13 am

Mienshao learns Drain Punch, so why wouldn't it learn the elemental punches?

Anyway, lets keep this topic on-topic. We're getting a bit off-topic here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The What If's Empty
PostSubject: Re: The What If's   The What If's Empty

Back to top Go down

The What If's
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Breakdown :: Pokemon Discussion :: Competitive Discussion-
Jump to: