Breakdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesYoutubeRegisterLog in

Photobucket
Pokemon Showdown!
Support Breakdown by clicking below

Username Etemology

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
kingtrace
Tesla
Tesla
kingtrace

Rep : 28

Username Etemology Empty
PostSubject: Username Etemology   Username Etemology EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 1:48 pm

I'm very curious sometimes about why people call themselves the things the do on PO. Please, if you feel like sharing the interest story of your origins, I'm all ears. XD I'll start with mine.

Kingtrace came about due to the game Metriod Prime: Hunters. This is a DS Metroid game primarily made for multiplayer. It was pretty good. One of the hunters was a red insectiod/huminoid thing named Trace. Even though he was super frail and excelled at sniping, which I am incapable of in any video game, I loved being Trace because he looked so badass.

Username Etemology Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS87z8Qd7BIuBMucL_LzGacEwgeghG8_gdIowChO1gcAMqDDn9fig

That badass, to be precise. So, the game makes you pick a username in order to play online, so I picked 'Kingtrace', because I'm obviously the best Trace the world has ever known. The name just kind of stuck with me.

My alt, Number One Princess, is because I keep singing this song outloud and keep earning strange looks as a result.

Yep, that's all. Share your stories for kicks, kids.
Back to top Go down
Kratos
Creative
Creative
Kratos

Rep : 1

Username Etemology Empty
PostSubject: Re: Username Etemology   Username Etemology EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 2:33 pm

I chose the name "Kratos" because it is the greek word for "strength", thing that didn't have any sense since I was a noob when I entered PO, but even though I keep, changing my alts people keep calling me that xD, I don't really mind haha.

My other alts, Viridi and Amazon Pandora, come from the same source, a game called "Kid Icarus: Uprising" I really love that game <3. and those 2 characters were really cool. Viridi means "Green" in english lol, she's the goddess of nature, and Pandora is the goddess of calamity and disaster, I'll post a video where the 2 characters appear :].

Back to top Go down

Username Etemology Empty
PostSubject: Re: Username Etemology   Username Etemology EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 2:41 pm

I named myself Croconaw, cause I like Croconaws. (o'-'o)
Back to top Go down
Invalid
Zygarde Tier
Zygarde Tier
Invalid

Rep : 77

Username Etemology Empty
PostSubject: Re: Username Etemology   Username Etemology EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 3:13 pm

When I was making my Youtube channel I wanted something clever that people could laugh at when they saw my comments, I came up with Invaliddisplayname, the joke was that it would look like my channel name was broken. When I played Shoddy Battle I kept using the name Invaliddisplayname, and eventually shortened it to Invalid.
Back to top Go down
steel dragons
Arceus Tier
Arceus Tier
steel dragons

Rep : 32

Username Etemology Empty
PostSubject: Re: Username Etemology   Username Etemology EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 4:23 pm

I used the username 'steel dragons' for a forum many years ago because it sounded cool (yeah, wasn't thinking about Dialga actually). I didn't want to change the name, vas I wanted people to know who I was, so I just stuck with this name.
Back to top Go down
Orivexes
Creative
Creative
Orivexes

Rep : 2

Username Etemology Empty
PostSubject: Re: Username Etemology   Username Etemology EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 8:12 pm

Orivexes = "Original Vexes"

...which means... something? The Vexes species was something I came up with in high school, and I just liked the name and kept it around.
Back to top Go down
http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/~~oriserver
Sponsored content

Username Etemology Empty
PostSubject: Re: Username Etemology   Username Etemology Empty

Back to top Go down

Username Etemology
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Breakdown :: Community :: General Discussion-
Jump to: