Breakdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesYoutubeRegisterLog in

Photobucket
Pokemon Showdown!
Support Breakdown by clicking below

HitmonSteel (UU)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Maxedofhaxed
Inspired
Inspired
Maxedofhaxed

Rep : 6

HitmonSteel (UU) Empty
PostSubject: HitmonSteel (UU)   HitmonSteel (UU) EmptySat May 05, 2012 11:02 pm

A team that the inspiration came from my love of the Hitmons but I never really used them, and I was like, hey I should put all three in a team with a couple steel types and see how it turns out and it actually does better than my regular UU team. This also does exceptionally well in OU.

HitmonSteel (UU) 107
Hitmonchan (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- ThunderPunch
- Ice Punch
My favorite of the three Hitmon Bros. This guy can hit hard with life orb and Iron Fist. It servers as my lead because it can hit most leads very hard. Mach Punch is for Priority and it's Stab, Drain Punch can hit very hard with life orb, Stab, and Iron Fist. TPunch and IPunch are coverage moves. The only thing that this thing is walled by are defensive Ghost types.

HitmonSteel (UU) 237
Hitmontop (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Rapid Spin
- Close Combat
- Toxic
- Protect
One of my main stallers. I put max S.Def because while it has the ability Intimidate, it lowers it's opponents' physical attack so it forces a switch usually into a special attacker and it can take it's hits with ease. Rapid Spin is there for what it's usually on and Pokemon for, to spin away the hazards your opponent has set up. Toxic and Protect are for toxic stalling and Close Combat is for stab and without any attack investment it still hits really hard.

HitmonSteel (UU) 106
Hitmonlee (M) @ Normal Gem
Trait: Unburden
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Fake Out
- Blaze Kick
- Hi Jump Kick
- Stone Edge
The normal Hitmonlee set, Fake Out+Normal Gem+Unburden=Sweeping time (most of the time). I added blaze kick and stone edge for coverage and Adamant to get the full power of Hitmonlee and High Jump kick.

HitmonSteel (UU) 379
Registeel @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Iron Head
- Seismic Toss
My other wall of this team. With Hitmontop being my special wall I needed a physical wall that's in the UU tier, so I chose Registeel and it can take almost any hit, even super effective. Stealth Rocks are there for hazards, and I added the ParaFlinch strategy, and it works pretty well. I also added seismic toss for things that resist iron head.

HitmonSteel (UU) 437
Bronzong @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Trick Room
I needed another steel type, so why not Bronzong. I also wanted to try out Calm Mind Bronzong with max defense. SInce my team is relatively slow, I added Trick Room to it. Psychic as the main Stab and shadow ball for coverage. This thing can take hits like a monster and it can even sweep too.

HitmonSteel (UU) 494
Victini @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Victory Star
EVs: 32 HP / 224 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Thunder
- Final Gambit
- Psychic
One of my favorite 5th Gen Pokes. I have always loved Victini, so I added it. I also needed a fast pokemon so I added it. Fire Blast and Psychic for stabs, Thunder for coverage and Final Gambit to take out damaged walls or pokes that will sweep you. The typing also works well with this team.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Invalid
Zygarde Tier
Zygarde Tier
Invalid

Rep : 77

HitmonSteel (UU) Empty
PostSubject: Re: HitmonSteel (UU)   HitmonSteel (UU) EmptySun May 06, 2012 8:40 am

Smogon doesn't sell Return well enough, it's not just "secondary way to activate Normal Gem", it's also, a safe 100% accurate move, often the proper move to pick when you expect the opponent to switch into something that will take fake-out well, and finally the hardest hitting move against flying and poison types, especially while you have your normal gem. That said Blaze kick is also made somewhat redundant bi Victini, so I would recommend you at least try Return out.

Victini is awesome as always, one of my favorites.

Obviously this is a theme team or I'd make a fuss about the Defensive synergy, See Water Type, Ground Type, Fire Type and Ghost Type.

Registeel - MAXED USED STEALTH ROCK STOP THE PRESSES!!!!
Back to top Go down
steel dragons
Arceus Tier
Arceus Tier
steel dragons

Rep : 32

HitmonSteel (UU) Empty
PostSubject: Re: HitmonSteel (UU)   HitmonSteel (UU) EmptyTue May 08, 2012 9:55 am

This seems like a decent team Maxed. Here are my thoughts:

For Hitmonlee, I would second using Return over Blaze Kick, as it can catch your opponents of guard. Again, you have Victini, so you don't need Blaze Kick as much.

I would consider replacing Bronzong with Slowbro, for the purpose of countering Victini, which your team currently doesn't really do. Hitmonlee can do it, but it can only do it once. Slowbro also resists Psychic moves, which is good considering the three 'Hitmons'.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

HitmonSteel (UU) Empty
PostSubject: Re: HitmonSteel (UU)   HitmonSteel (UU) Empty

Back to top Go down

HitmonSteel (UU)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Breakdown :: Pokemon Discussion :: Rate My Team-
Jump to: